Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 May, 2010 4:31 pm

Snowy wrote:Why?
I guess you deleted it...dont blame you, it was very embarrassing

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 09 May, 2010 5:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:

I didnt delete a thing, and how was it embarrassing?

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 09 May, 2010 5:15 pm

Part of League legend says that the SCG was St George's home ground for nearly 20 years before they allowed the Match Of The Day to be held at a surburban ground.
So If St George are the real deal shouldn't they go back to hosting a home game against a traditional rival where possible so that every 3rd week or so the Steelers, sorry Drgons participate in a Heritage round.
Wests Tigers have been great supporters of this concept so it's about time other clubs thought about their history.

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 09 May, 2010 5:35 pm

.... Guys and girls.... just a reminder... the jungle will be sitting in bay 33 for this game.... feel free to come along...
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 May, 2010 6:06 pm

Snowy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I didnt delete a thing, and how was it embarrassing?
I forget what you posted...I know at the time the image was appropriate...repeat it so you can refresh my memory

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 09 May, 2010 6:50 pm

I forget what you posted...I know at the time the image was appropriate...repeat it so you can refresh my memory

No probs,can not remember exactly.
From memory: Dont know why I bother, thanks for your insight Smeg!
And it was quoting smegs post.
How is that embarrassing?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 May, 2010 7:48 pm

You seemed in a huff and a tizz about his reply, which I have doubts was in response your post - it was embarrasing and hence the image.
Apolgies if i'm mistaken

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 09 May, 2010 8:16 pm

C'mon Guys,

Lets make sure everyone buys a Men of League Pin to raise funds for the boys. Men of League are a good foundation still run and managed on a day to day basis by previous greats of the game on and off the field.

Show us your Pins Tigers!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 09 May, 2010 8:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:You seemed in a huff and a tizz about his reply, which I have doubts was in response your post - it was embarrasing and hence the image.
Apolgies if i'm mistaken

I was a bit, but didnt think it called for the image any way I think we can move on.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 09 May, 2010 8:31 pm

Ed Reschs wrote:yes i agree with you galahs. Didn't wests beats Souths in 52????? Buts lets celebrate 69 every year. We all turned up last week expecting to see the magpies heritage jersey and we were ambushed by a bunch of orange zooper dooper iceblocks. ironically they played accordingly. when at leichardt they can play in whatever they want but when in Campbelltown we should be in the black and white...simple solution. It's all good tho just remember how good it was last year defeating Manly in black and white. "Its a Black and White landslide...."
Awww, have a lie down, precious.

If this is the biggest issue for you, then maybe you should stick to supporting your NSW cup side.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 09 May, 2010 8:33 pm

Archivist...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 May, 2010 8:48 pm

Snowy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:You seemed in a huff and a tizz about his reply, which I have doubts was in response your post - it was embarrasing and hence the image.
Apolgies if i'm mistaken

I was a bit, but didnt think it called for the image any way I think we can move on.
No worries mate

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 09 May, 2010 10:31 pm

As I've said about the same game last year, the SCG is an awful place to watch a game and I'd just as soon be next door. They only played big games there because there was nowhere else that size not because the ground was suited to the game. That being said I'll still probably go again!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Mon 10 May, 2010 12:31 pm

towntiger wrote:Hi guys, just caught the commercial on tele with Benny and Mario promoting Heritage Round at the SCG.

I dont know about others, however i look forward to this game every year now. 30,000 plus at the SCG and then having the chance to take my kids on to the field of the SCG afterwards. What an experience. I know the seating/sightlines are not ideal, but for one game this is truly magical - the atmosphere of the crowd, the teams coming out of the members stand side by side, the marching bands, dancers at half time, the run for the cardboard corner posts at full time - what an experience!

When will the page go up for Heritage Round - i am getting sick of seeing the Roosters logo.

Hope we can turn the tables on last year's result.

See you all there!
After running onto the field at half time, leave via the members stand and hang out the back - last year the Tigers players made there way from the dressing rooms up to the swimming pool to finish their warm down. Lots of sad faces last year - hopefully that will change this weekend.

Re the jersey, I wish they'd change at half time too. Wests v Souths also have a great tradition. I was only 10 years old at the time, but my fading memory of Round 7 in 1976 is of one of the best home and away games ever. Magpies won 17-13 in a see sawing match in front of a packed Lidcombe Oval with kids allowed to sit on the bike track.

Staks

Post by Staks » Mon 10 May, 2010 1:01 pm

Difference is Balmain push to have there history represented through the Wests Tigers. Wests don't have the same level of enthusiasm for one reason or another.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 10 May, 2010 1:16 pm

Yossarian wrote:As I've said about the same game last year, the SCG is an awful place to watch a game and I'd just as soon be next door. They only played big games there because there was nowhere else that size not because the ground was suited to the game. That being said I'll still probably go again!
For atmosphere and a view, it's definitely the worst in the NRL.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 10 May, 2010 1:34 pm

It is a pretty terrible view and atmosphere but for some reason I really enjoy every time we go there. It is a good day with friends, football and a reminder of history.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 10 May, 2010 1:36 pm

i'm not a fan of this match, the venue sucks.

and as for our heritage jersey's, i wish they would do away with them. I was a proud supporters of one on these teams but lets move on .We can't live in the past forever. All it does every year is produce the kind of posts that are attached to this thread.