The weakest link in our club

Tiger_heart

Re: We are a top 4 side

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:35 pm

cuzzo wrote:I dont beleive its the coaching staff that are responsible for a 40 point drumming.

So, then cuzzo, who is ultimately responsible when an organization doesn't perform, the workers or the CEO? At the very least the coaching staff should put up their hands and admit that they got it wrong - at best, they should realize when their tenure has past its use by date.

No one showed any urgency to dive on a loose ball, heads were down. Senior footballers need to lead,the easiest thing to do on a footy field is to talk. There was no spark. Sheens & co are not out there hitting it up, the players are. The players are responsible for that dismal effort. There were plenty of opportunities for the players to pull their heads out of their ass's & turn it around. Senior players should be able to take it upon themselfs to lift when needed, instead West players go into thier shells, hibernate. That is the differance between 1st grade players or the pretenders that were on display out there today. The players need to stop reading the write ups on how great they are and roll up the sleaves and do their jobs.

So, what happened at half time that the other mob scored twice as many points as they did in the first half? Isn't this when a coach is supposed to make adjustments to the team, get them fired up, even change the game plan, if necessary?

Lawrence was spectating as the 1st Souths player went over without putting in a decent chase. Tuqiri also jersey grabbed as another souths player went over. Marshall also heard footsteps and let a bomb bounce to let another try go over he also put up two up and down kicks that asked no questions of the defence, kicked cross field on the 3rd tackle for a 50 / 50 chance. He did however kick a 40 / 20 which was great but when the cameras showed him his head was down. Now as a supposed leader dont you think he should have been trying to pump up the side. Right from the kick off it was as if no one really wanted to be out there, and its contagious. On the wall in my old club rooms there was a message that read... Winners make it happen / LOOSERS let it happen. Need I say anymore..
Uhm..aren't these mental lapses that a coach shoud have ironed out by now? We are not talking junior players here...
And why are we the only ones that see that Marshall is NOT a leader, never is and never will be?
I think the only sign in the Tigers dressing room should read "Do you really want to be here?"

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:38 pm

If the players were half as good as people rate them on this place we'd be challenging the Dragons' 11 straight premierships.

TIGER HEART

Post by TIGER HEART » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:38 pm

Dear West Tigers Board, Coaching staff and CEO.

Please take notice of the most important people that the club is built around, and that us THE SUPPORTERS. i would like to ask the following Questions.

In the last 5 years what Standard or Target, Goal, or KPI was set at the start of the year since wining the Grand Final.

Is it acceptable, not to have achieved one Semi Final.

What major Singing has the Club made in the last 5 Years apart from Ellis, .

How is it Teams like Melbourne, Manly, and other Clubs can play Under 20's player this year and we continue to give that opportunity and persist with the same players that have failed us 5 years in row.

Is Tim Sheens accountable or does the run the show and sets up his own yearly targets.

What Club on this earth with the Juniors we have, would ever consider bringing back Fitzy and Fulton, and singing Junior Moors, Jason cayless. We have 10 of them in Balmain Ryde team.

Enough is enough.

Our recruitment is non existent. look at the dogs, atleast they buy players that are upto fisrghrade level.
What criteria is required whwn we look at players. YOU must been injuty prone, over 30 or as simple as no othert club wants that player. im yet to hear us sign a player who is being chased by other clubs.

SHEENS< SORRY MATE TIME TO GO

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:41 pm

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a disgrace. We call him the Fonz because just like the real Fonz he cant admit that he is wrong.

He is a terrible coach with outdated ideas. He has made the semis once in his last 15 years of NRL coaching !!! How the *u<* does he still have a job?? By not rewarding lower grade players with 1st grade berths this year, he again has cemented the feeling in the 1st grade players minds thet they will not be dropped. Performances like today were disgusting.

The Fonz is an absolute disgrace.

If we gave players berths on merit we would not be in this predicament. The 1st grade players would be busting a gut to perform. Because the lower graders would legitimately be breathing down their necks. The Fonz's recruitment is a disgrace. The non retention of Gallant was a disgrace.

I hate the Fonz with a passion. He is my Nemises in life.

He has an inept capability in bringing out the best in players. He never promotes the blokes busting a gut in the lower grades so the 1st grade never has pressure on them.

The players must be sick of him, surely.

He should have blooded our quality lower graders by now. He is leaving it too late. What type of fool goes into a game with a back on the bench against the biggest pack of forwards in Rugby league.

Steve Folkes must be promoted to 1st grade coach immediately and that incompetant Fool Sheens be retired forcefully so he can concentrate on his Australian duties and have those poor buggers cop what he dishes out.

He should do the honourable thing and bow out of our club. He is a disgrace.

He is a protected **<*ing species in the media. You blokes are too soft and weak to bag the bloke. lets piss him off and get Folkesy in there. Wests Tigers fans have had enough of his so called coaching. He is **!t.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:47 pm

Muffstar wrote:We can all blame the coach's but in essence, the players were terrible. They had no pride, no committment, nothing.
I am sure they are told all this stuff, they are professional, they should know it, but they had nothing.

I really hoped that after half time time they may have showed more but not to be. If we were serious about attracting new players why would they bother.

I have no issue with management change but we have to make sure its for the better. If the players don't have heart then maybe we should start their first.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The players were terrible, had no pride, no commitment, nothing, but in the past, in similar circumstances, what has the coach done?

NOTHING! THAT IS WHY THE COACH IS TO BLAME! He is supposed to drop the players, who are terrible, have no pride, no commitment, nothing!

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:56 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:I have asked the simple question to fellow supporters, how would the current squad of Wests Tigers players perform under Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy? I think the general consensus is the Tigers would be in the top 4 so for me it is clear that the current coaching staff are not only failing to pick the right side to take the field but also their tactics and inability to lift this side is ????

This squad is one of the best the Tigers have assembled (on paper)since the amalgamation, yet they have lost 4 in a row and get thumped 50 to 10 today by a side that is also potentially a very good side but have also had their share of ordinary performances so far in 2010.

With a very good Toyota Cup side as well as both NSW Cup sides sitting near the top I think there is only one area that blame can be attributed. I am not sure what coaching talent is out there waiting for an opportunity but the Wests Tigers definitely need a "BREATH OF FRESH AIR"!
YOU ARE RIGHT!

But as I have said in another thread without the support of the Wests Tigers Joint Venture Board, no-one, including Stephen Humphreys, can do anything about the problem. Look what happened to the last CEO, when he tried to get some improvement in the Club.

Direct your vemon to the Directors of the Wests Tigers Joint Venture, because if they do not want change/improvement, there is nothing anyone else can do other than change the Directors to some, who do want change/improvement.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:02 pm

TIGER HEART wrote:Dear West Tigers Board, Coaching staff and CEO.

Please take notice of the most important people that the club is built around, and that us THE SUPPORTERS. i would like to ask the following Questions.

In the last 5 years what Standard or Target, Goal, or KPI was set at the start of the year since wining the Grand Final.

Is it acceptable, not to have achieved one Semi Final.

What major Singing has the Club made in the last 5 Years apart from Ellis, .

How is it Teams like Melbourne, Manly, and other Clubs can play Under 20's player this year and we continue to give that opportunity and persist with the same players that have failed us 5 years in row.

Is Tim Sheens accountable or does the run the show and sets up his own yearly targets.

What Club on this earth with the Juniors we have, would ever consider bringing back Fitzy and Fulton, and singing Junior Moors, Jason cayless. We have 10 of them in Balmain Ryde team.

Enough is enough.

Our recruitment is non existent. look at the dogs, atleast they buy players that are upto fisrghrade level.
What criteria is required whwn we look at players. YOU must been injuty prone, over 30 or as simple as no othert club wants that player. im yet to hear us sign a player who is being chased by other clubs.

SHEENS< SORRY MATE TIME TO GO
GREAT POST!

BUT as i keep stressing, the only people, who can cause change if they want it are the Directors of the Wests Tigers. If they do not want change, they will just sack anyone, who tries to make changes, as they did with Scott Longmuir.

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:29 pm

someone just take one for the team and put a hit on sheens.
tigers!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:36 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
They warmed up right in front of me and I thought it all looked OK; in fact I commented on the precision. And yet soon thereafter they were making mistakes at the rate of more than one a minute. I counted five mistakes in the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of play. This is a complete contrast to a well coached side - obviously the Dragons and Storm stand out here, where the players seem to know exactly what they are expected to do and generally do it.
Yeah ...I've also been windering All year why we seem to take the longest of any team to warm up....

We were out a good 5 minutes before Souffs and Benji was last to toddle off,,,

Still that criss cross passing drill never looked better than it did today......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..