The weakest link in our club

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Re: The weakest link in our club

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 16 May, 2010 5:28 pm

Muffstar wrote:We can all blame the coach's but in essence, the players were terrible. They had no pride, no committment, nothing.
I am sure they are told all this stuff, they are professional, they should know it, but they had nothing.

I really hoped that after half time time they may have showed more but not to be. If we were serious about attracting new players why would they bother.

I have no issue with management change but we have to make sure its for the better. If the players don't have heart then maybe we should start their first.
hahahahahahahaha
who signed , fulton , fitz,. and let go of skando and hodgo .....who picks a halfback ,plays him on the bench,puts his star hooker at half .selects a winger on the bench , plays fitzy at halfback...uses only 3 players off the bench ...do i need to go on .....


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 5:32 pm

Snake wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:They obviously aren't responding to his coaching after his inspiring half time talk...
Benji wasn,t taking much notice he was cleaning his boots
What did he have to clean, they weren't even dirty...

angry ant
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by angry ant » Sun 16 May, 2010 5:40 pm

This article shows Mr Sheens attitude from back in 2001. He aint going anywhere

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-43773551.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AAP Sports News (Australia)
04-30-2001
RL: Sheens future to be announced this week

North Queensland have delayed an announcement on coach TIM SHEENS' future with the
club until later this week.

SHEENS has admitted he's facing the sack but declares he can't be forced out of the
National Rugby League club.

SHEENS says it will be his decision to leave if that eventuates this week.

The Cowboys board and shareholders met yesterday …

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28950
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:07 pm

Is this the Sack Sheens thread for this week...

Please direct all posts here thank you.....

Doubt it will work.....Untouchable really....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
KingOvKingz09
Member
Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:12 pm

..... sheens.... you have officially lost my faith....SACK...SACK...SACK
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!


User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:13 pm

I typically support him. I think we have a real good club. We have basically no -ve news. We have a good squad of players and we get good news like Ellis resigning reguarly.

The performance today though was woeful. I don't believe a well coached club could play like that.

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:19 pm

tiger05 wrote:I typically support him. I think we have a real good club. We have basically no -ve news. We have a good squad of players and we get good news like Ellis resigning reguarly.

The performance today though was woeful. I don't believe a well coached club could play like that.
yes i suppose your right .... rugby league was the big winner today . and hey somebody has to lose .. theres always next week , and next time the better side will win .... thats the way the cookie crumbles .......

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6944
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:21 pm

Its funny I have been on the sack Sheens bandwagon for years, but todays rubbish really the finger should be pointed a group of over rated and over paid players. Game plans,selections and use of the bench really didnt have much to do with a forty point flogging. Although I get the feeling all is not well in the tiger camp, just watching the warm ups they seem uninterested. They need a hard nosed seasoned pro like Petro or a Stephen Price to show them what is required to win football matches

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:25 pm

supercoach wrote:Its funny I have been on the sack Sheens bandwagon for years, but todays rubbish really the finger should be pointed a group of over rated and over paid players. Game plans,selections and use of the bench really didnt have much to do with a forty point flogging. Although I get the feeling all is not well in the tiger camp, just watching the warm ups they seem uninterested. They need a hard nosed seasoned pro like Petro or a Stephen Price to show them what is required to win football matches
thes answer is simple .....if they do have a bad game they dont get dropped ....every player has had numerous chances ....o they may make mitch brown the scapegoat ......sheens and simmons are stale ,,, all they do is rehash old plans and players ....two majors signings in what 5 years to show for it ... and how many dud reserve garder signkng ...jee ive lost count ....

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:28 pm

Geo. wrote:Is this the Sack Sheens thread for this week...

Please direct all posts here thank you.....

Doubt it will work.....Untouchable really....

yes geo, this is the sack sheens thread. thanks for your input
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:48 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its funny I have been on the sack Sheens bandwagon for years, but todays rubbish really the finger should be pointed a group of over rated and over paid players. Game plans,selections and use of the bench really didnt have much to do with a forty point flogging. Although I get the feeling all is not well in the tiger camp, just watching the warm ups they seem uninterested. They need a hard nosed seasoned pro like Petro or a Stephen Price to show them what is required to win football matches
thes answer is simple .....if they do have a bad game they dont get dropped ....every player has had numerous chances ....o they may make mitch brown the scapegoat ......sheens and simmons are stale ,,, all they do is rehash old plans and players ....two majors signings in what 5 years to show for it ... and how many dud reserve garder signkng ...jee ive lost count ....
You are right,he is immune to any form of negative comments,he is a waste of space and I hate the bloke with a passion,leave now you loser,you said you would if you didn't get results.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6898
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:15 pm

Sheens will never leave, look at what happened to the last guy who tried to get rid of him

NEDKELLY
Member
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by NEDKELLY » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:24 pm

I have asked the simple question to fellow supporters, how would the current squad of Wests Tigers players perform under Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy? I think the general consensus is the Tigers would be in the top 4 so for me it is clear that the current coaching staff are not only failing to pick the right side to take the field but also their tactics and inability to lift this side is ????

This squad is one of the best the Tigers have assembled (on paper)since the amalgamation, yet they have lost 4 in a row and get thumped 50 to 10 today by a side that is also potentially a very good side but have also had their share of ordinary performances so far in 2010.

With a very good Toyota Cup side as well as both NSW Cup sides sitting near the top I think there is only one area that blame can be attributed. I am not sure what coaching talent is out there waiting for an opportunity but the Wests Tigers definitely need a "BREATH OF FRESH AIR"!

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:33 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:I have asked the simple question to fellow supporters, how would the current squad of Wests Tigers players perform under Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy? I think the general consensus is the Tigers would be in the top 4 so for me it is clear that the current coaching staff are not only failing to pick the right side to take the field but also their tactics and inability to lift this side is ????

This squad is one of the best the Tigers have assembled (on paper)since the amalgamation, yet they have lost 4 in a row and get thumped 50 to 10 today by a side that is also potentially a very good side but have also had their share of ordinary performances so far in 2010.

With a very good Toyota Cup side as well as both NSW Cup sides sitting near the top I think there is only one area that blame can be attributed. I am not sure what coaching talent is out there waiting for an opportunity but the Wests Tigers definitely need a "BREATH OF FRESH AIR"!
This is a good post. We have a good squad. The blame atm lies with the coach.
Last edited by tiger05 on Sun 16 May, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:38 pm

supercoach wrote:Its funny I have been on the sack Sheens bandwagon for years, but todays rubbish really the finger should be pointed a group of over rated and over paid players. Game plans,selections and use of the bench really didnt have much to do with a forty point flogging. Although I get the feeling all is not well in the tiger camp, just watching the warm ups they seem uninterested. They need a hard nosed seasoned pro like Petro or a Stephen Price to show them what is required to win football matches
But if they seemed uninterested in the warm up supercoach doesnt that say something about the coach?

They warmed up right in front of me and I thought it all looked OK; in fact I commented on the precision. And yet soon thereafter they were making mistakes at the rate of more than one a minute. I counted five mistakes in the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of play. This is a complete contrast to a well coached side - obviously the Dragons and Storm stand out here, where the players seem to know exactly what they are expected to do and generally do it.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:42 pm

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a disgrace.

By not rewarding lower grade players with 1st grade berths this year, he again has cemented the feeling in the 1st grade players minds thet they will not be dropped. Performances like today were disgusting.

The Fonz is an absolute disgrace.

If we gave players berths on merit we would not be in this predicament. The 1st grade players would be busting a gut to perform. Because the lower graders would legitimately be breathing down their necks. The Fonz's recruitment is a disgrace. The non retention of Gallant was a disgrace.

I hate the Fonz with a passion. He is my Nemises in life.

He has an inept capability in bringing out the best in players. He never promotes the blokes busting a gut in the lower grades so the 1st grade never has pressure on them.

The players must be sick of him, surely.

He should have blooded our quality lower graders by now. He is leaving it too late. What type of fool goes into a game with a back on the bench against the biggest pack of forwards in Rugby league.

Steve Folkes must be promoted to 1st grade coach immediately and that incompetant Fool Sheens be retired forcefully so he can concentrate on his Australian duties and have those poor buggers cop what he dishes out.

He should do the honourable thing and bow out of our club. He is a disgrace.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:47 pm

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease get Grant Jones to step up? He knows how to deliver a half time speech to an under performing, under strength side.

User avatar
prattenpark
Member
Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by prattenpark » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:21 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:I have asked the simple question to fellow supporters, how would the current squad of Wests Tigers players perform under Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy? I think the general consensus is the Tigers would be in the top 4 so for me it is clear that the current coaching staff are not only failing to pick the right side to take the field but also their tactics and inability to lift this side is ????

This squad is one of the best the Tigers have assembled (on paper)since the amalgamation, yet they have lost 4 in a row and get thumped 50 to 10 today by a side that is also potentially a very good side but have also had their share of ordinary performances so far in 2010.

With a very good Toyota Cup side as well as both NSW Cup sides sitting near the top I think there is only one area that blame can be attributed. I am not sure what coaching talent is out there waiting for an opportunity but the Wests Tigers definitely need a "BREATH OF FRESH AIR"!

Couldn't agree more. How many top youngsters have we had that fail to take the final step to being great players. Farrah and Lawrence, and Marshall for that matter have not improved at all over the last season or two. Ayshford seems to have hit a wall. Ellis, the best running back rower in the world who tries his guts out week in week out, scores 1 try in 30 odd games. Hieghno would be rep material anywhere else. Farrah was a better player than Ennis 2 years ago, but not now. Collis had great potential but went stale under Sheens. The Shirnacks, and other great young forward prospects can't even get a seat on the bench in favour of Fitzhenry or another back, just in case.

I will go to bed tonight praying that by the time I wake, Sheens has fallen on his sword and Folkes is our new coach. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Post Reply