Worst performance since `1980

wt4lyf

Re: Worst performance since `1980

Post by wt4lyf » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:23 pm

the tigers are a disgrace to all members/fans and past players!!
i WILL NOT be attending another game this year until they find some form..
tormented by souths fans throughout the whole game, so i left 25 minutes early, thankgod
shouldve stayed home instead of rushing out to the game!
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 16 May, 2010 11:13 pm

It was a shameful display.

It is sad but perhaps these are the sorts of defeats that might open a few eyes. Get the people that matter seeing things that some fans have been seeing for years.

2012 can't come quick enough.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:38 am

given the talent in the side, it would be pretty darn close to the worst performance

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:50 am

Tigerdave wrote:given the talent in the side, it would be pretty darn close to the worst performance
Not pretty darn close ..... It was our worst perforance BAR NONE!

What is the Board going to do? Are they going to ask pertinent questions of the players, the coaching staff and the management, as is part of their fiduciary responsibilities?

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:58 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:given the talent in the side, it would be pretty darn close to the worst performance
Not pretty darn close ..... It was our worst perforance BAR NONE!

What is the Board going to do? Are they going to ask pertinent questions of the players, the coaching staff and the management, as is part of their fiduciary responsibilities?
They'll trot out the 'we're disappointed too' and then that'll be it. Questions should have been raised by the board just based on Sheen's team selections after the Dogs game, we should have beaten the Panthers and Roosters.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 17 May, 2010 12:05 pm

The Maggies team from 98 & 99 didn't have an iota of the talent that this current team has, but those boys continually turned up week in, week out and had a dig. On that basis, I didn't mind parting with my hard earned cash to go and watch them (as well as a few sherbets on the hill at Orana Park). This current lot need to have a long hard look at themselves

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Mon 17 May, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post. I usually just read the posts but after yesterday’s performance, I can’t take it anymore.
Yesterday’s game was absolutely disgraceful and it had been coming. I know that a lot of people bag out Sheens and I have always been critical of him as a coach. His team selections yesterday and over the last few years have been disgraceful. The (imaginary) clear out of players Sheens said would happen in 2007 never happened. Now its time and it should start with Sheens going. He has been at the club too long its time to severe ties (similar to Folkes at the Bulldogs). Sheens has become complacent and stale.

Look at the Dragons team, they have second rowers and props playing in the centres (Beau Scott, Matt Prior). Sheens seems to play centres in the second row. Everyone can see it except for him.
Every week when the team gets named I always think to myself if someone else was coaching what team would they name. Some of the weekly selected players aren’t up to NRL standard, it’s that simple.

To prime examples yesterday were,
A simple kick from Farah and Fitzy goes to ground the ball but gets scared of a Souths player coming in to make the tackle so he looks away and knocks the ball on.
Sandow puts up a cross field kick, Mitch Brown does a pirouette and doesn’t stand his ground and Colin Best plucks the ball out of the air.

Finally, I would like to nominate my team for this week:
1. Jake Mullaney (if not fit then Arana Taumata)
2. Lote Tuqiri (if selected for QLD then Blake Ayshford)
3. Beau Ryan
4. Chris Lawrence (needs to wake up to himself)
5. Rhys Pritchard
6. Benji Marshall (similar to Lawrence)
7. Robert Lui
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah (same as Lawrence)
10. David Gower
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Simon Dwyer
13. Chris Heighington
14. Andrew Fifita
15. Josh Davis
16. Junior Moors
17. Willie Mataka

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:35 pm

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't renew my membership for this year.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't know...some of those late season performances under Terry Lamb were pretty bad.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:36 pm

And to you people not attending anymore games and not renewing your membership this year, what will that achieve? Grow up and add something constructive. We are all entitled to a whinge but I think some posts here are starting to border on childish

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:39 pm

And while I'm at it, if you can't handle being sledged by Souffs supporters, you have massive problems

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:44 pm

Well said on both counts Alf I agree totally every team has bad days - I didnt enjoy it either but I move on and i think of all the great days they have given me and how I am still excited for next week and nI feel sorry for some of the people on here given their comments

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:53 pm

boonboon wrote:Well said on both counts Alf I agree totally every team has bad days - I didnt enjoy it either but I move on and i think of all the great days they have given me and how I am still excited for next week and nI feel sorry for some of the people on here given their comments
I will move on, for the record I reckon they`ll bounce back with a win this Friday night against Newcastle even if they keep basically the same side that got flogged against Souths which is more than likely with Sheens as coach.
Doesn`t change the fact that it was the worst perfomance by any Wests Tigers, Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers side since 1980. If the coach was fair dinkum, half the side should be sacked to reserve grade, but we all know that won`t happen, we all know they`ll come good for a week or two and we all know they`ll then go back into their shells and produce a few more poor performances. The players are in a comfort zone knowing they won`t be dropped and therefore won`t be held accountable for bad performances. This will not change until players are dropped for bad performances !!!

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:57 pm

boonboon wrote:Well said on both counts Alf I agree totally every team has bad days - I didnt enjoy it either but I move on and i think of all the great days they have given me and how I am still excited for next week and nI feel sorry for some of the people on here given their comments
I'm sure people will throw all sorts of snide comments my way, but thats their perogative (The joys of free speech no doubt). I have followed the Maggies for years, so I have become immune to displays of ineptitude on the footy field. My one beef with this current team is that on paper we have a bucket load of talent, and I think that is where we as supporters really have the right to question what is going on

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:57 pm

I said before they looked like the Balmain team of the mid to late 90s and they played like it in the end. I remember going to Leichhardt when they lost 30-odd blot to a Manly team who weren't even trying. The lack of heart and effort were the big killers on the weekend though. I can accept a hiding if you have a crap team but not if you don't even have a go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 May, 2010 10:22 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:
I'm sure people will throw all sorts of snide comments my way, but thats their perogative (The joys of free speech no doubt). I have followed the Maggies for years, so I have become immune to displays of ineptitude on the footy field. My one beef with this current team is that on paper we have a bucket load of talent, and I think that is where we as supporters really have the right to question what is going on
Thats been happening for years....nothing changes.
People forgoing memberships and not attending is also their prerogative, they probably feel that questioning (who what where I do not know) year after year with nothing changing is childish and non constructive

each to their own