Here it is... Post match interview

izotope

Re: Here it is... Post match interview

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:54 pm

typed my email.

We really need to target FOXsports or some other news angle to get the media heat going.. im sure mr humphreys will probably just delete all these
tigers!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:57 pm

southerntiger wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:I am just as disgusted as all of you with the performance of our team, today and, at times, over the past four years.

However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.
Rubbish. Scott was let go for good reasons.
For trying to hold the koala bear accountable??

Tiger Tim from 'Gong

Post by Tiger Tim from 'Gong » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:56 pm

To his credit, I've received a reply...just now at approx. 10.45pm. I'm guessing the others who sent emails are also getting replies?

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 16 May, 2010 11:03 pm

What was the reply?
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 12:05 am

Dear __

Thanks for taking the time to send me your email.

Let me say that I share your frustration and your disappointment with today's performance. Quite simply, it was totally unacceptable.

The players and coaches have been quick to take responsibility for the inept display and to apologise for it to all Wests Tigers members, fans and sponsors.

We've already spoken about what's required and expected from here. I'm confident that you'll see an immediate and significant improvement in attitude and performance.

I urge you to stick solid in your support of the Tigers. I know we let you down badly today but these are the times that the guys really need to know that we're all with them.

Thanks again for your note and your support.

Kind Regards
Steve
Standard template response I assume.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:24 am

southerntiger wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:I am just as disgusted as all of you with the performance of our team, today and, at times, over the past four years.

However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.
Rubbish. Scott was let go for good reasons.
And those "good" reasons were ......................?

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:27 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Dear __

Thanks for taking the time to send me your email.

Let me say that I share your frustration and your disappointment with today's performance. Quite simply, it was totally unacceptable.

The players and coaches have been quick to take responsibility for the inept display and to apologise for it to all Wests Tigers members, fans and sponsors.

We've already spoken about what's required and expected from here. I'm confident that you'll see an immediate and significant improvement in attitude and performance.

I urge you to stick solid in your support of the Tigers. I know we let you down badly today but these are the times that the guys really need to know that we're all with them.

Thanks again for your note and your support.

Kind Regards
Steve
Standard template response I assume.
I note the reply was not even addressed to you, personally.

I am amazed the players and the coaching staff were not concerned with their performance in the previous three matches.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 May, 2010 7:56 am

alexaki wrote:Mr Humphreys,

As a long standing Tigers supporter I am writing to you and the team to say how embarrassing it is to be a Tigers supporter with the rubbish the team has dished up the past 3-4 weeks. Today’s game topped the recent losses as the worst game I have seen the club play in recent memory. It’s a real shame the boys simply did not turn up to play on a wonderful Sydney Autumn day; Heritage round at the SCC against the Rabbits where they lost last year in a heartbreaking game – one would think with so much to play for the Tigers of 2010 would’ve shown much more pride and turned up…instead the fans; supporters; sponsors were dished up the rubbish we witnessed today.

One has to question whether the team of 2010 has any backbone or pride in themselves; their club and their performances. The whole joint needs to have a good long hard look at themselves!!. As the progressive CEO that you are I’m sure I’m not saying something that you wouldn’t agree to…Every person that makes up the 2010 squad from coaches to players need to reassess themselves and their performances and ask “ do I have any pride in wearing the Tigers jersey?”. If the answer is yes then they will turn their season around from the next game!...for today what they served up was simply woeful!

Thanks for your time!

Here is Stephen Humphrey's reply...he responded at 0930pm last night...TBH I didn't exdpect a reply let alone one so soon...very professional...I can only hope this "episode" is a turning point for the club for 2010!!!..

Dear Alex

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.

I share your great sense of disappointment with today's match. Everything was all set up for a great day and the performance of the team let us all down and was simply unacceptable.

The players and coaches have apologised to our members, fans and sponsors for the inept display and have committed themselves to turning things around immediately.

I'm sure that they will and I hope that everyone sticks solid in their support of them.

Thanks again for your note and support.

Kind Regards
Steve

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:03 am

Tiger Tim from 'Gong wrote:To his credit, I've received a reply...just now at approx. 10.45pm. I'm guessing the others who sent emails are also getting replies?
See above...and it doesn't appear to be a standard template reply..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:07 am

To be fair he did address me personally, I just deleted my name when posting here.

It's not a standard template, but it might as well be. Good on him for responding, but it's more of the same crap.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:19 am

MightyMaggy wrote:However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.
Bzzzzt. Scott Longmuir was incompetent and was let go for VERY good reasons. He was out of his depth at the Tigers, having NEVER previously held a position of that type previously. He came from an inept and poisonous culture at the Sharks. He has gone on to greater things in RL adminsistration at.......umm.......hmmmm...actually, no he hasnt.

Glenn

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:23 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:To be fair he did address me personally, I just deleted my name when posting here.

It's not a standard template, but it might as well be. Good on him for responding, but it's more of the same crap.
What else can he say...really...it'snow upto the players and coaching staff to turn this around!..If they don't I'm sure yesterdays performance will be brought up again!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:42 am

Balmain Bug wrote:this is my letter,

Dear Stephen Humpries,

SACK SHEENS or step yourself down now.

You are all a bunch of fools who live in a world of nepotism and have little regard for your fans who are the real stakeholders of the club.

SHEENS is a disgrace and you are a disgrace for re-signing him.

Regards
Yes, I'm sure he'll take to insults Bug. Very rational and worthy of a response. :roll:
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:51 am

I feel left out. I didn;t get a response to mine.

"Disgusted
why the hell did we extend sheens' contract?
he's made the finals once in over a decade, has the worst losing record of any current coach and keeps trotting out a team that has lots of talent but are the joke of the competition.
A team that has zero guts, zero on-field organisation and zero passion.
And who's job is it to inspire those things? The coach.
How many more excuses are you going to put up with?
He built this team in his image and it fails again and again and again.
Has he ever actually been asked to account for his actions?
Oh thats right, he was. Your predecessor asked him to and was sacked for having the temerity to do so.
And if the excuse is injuries (for 6 of the last 7 seasons!) why are other teams able to cope?

I renewed my membership this year because i really care about this club.
Seems like the fans are the only ones who do.

Sickened and embarrassed.
member number WTI-******"
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:56 am

Glennb wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.
Bzzzzt. Scott Longmuir was incompetent and was let go for VERY good reasons. He was out of his depth at the Tigers, having NEVER previously held a position of that type previously. He came from an inept and poisonous culture at the Sharks. He has gone on to greater things in RL adminsistration at.......umm.......hmmmm...actually, no he hasnt.

Glenn
Until you can present me FACTS as to why Longmuir got the boot, I don't believe he was sacked for the right reasons.

He at the very least tried to make our koala bear of a coach accountable for his teams performances.

We all know why he was sacked, because he dared to question the great man.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 11:43 am

alexaki wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:To be fair he did address me personally, I just deleted my name when posting here.

What else can he say...really...it'snow upto the players and coaching staff to turn this around!..If they don't I'm sure yesterdays performance will be brought up again!
I replied back:
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I agree that yesterday was totally unacceptable, but I also think that not making the finals for four (soon to be five) years straight is also unacceptable. I also think that resigning a coach on the back of this failure is completely unacceptable and this is a decision that you and your board have made to the detriment of all of our loyal fans and supporters.

I have supported this club and the coach for the past seven seasons and he has performed in one of them. Unfortunately enough is enough and I will no longer financially support the club again so as long as Tim remains as our coach. I will watch on TV, but will no longer waste my time attending games, even with my membership. Yesterday's inept "performance" was the final straw.

My biggest regret is wasting $320 to "step up" when our coach has stepped up once out of seven years. I will not make the same mistake again unless the necessary changes are made.

As the saying goes "if you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got".

Thanks again for your time.

shifty

Post by shifty » Mon 17 May, 2010 11:58 am

what a joke of an interview...if the forwards dont aim up theres nothing benji or lui could do.

whose fault is that sheens ya goose. pick a larger bench, a bench adequate in taking over after our starting props come off...seriously, did mitch brown play at all? THROW HIM IN THE FRONT ROW SHEENS, YOU KNOW U WANT TO!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 17 May, 2010 12:16 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:As the saying goes "if you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got".
Reminds me of the Coach in Blades of Glory... The dance teacher asks him "How many times must you make the same mistake?" He Replies... "Until I get it right"

hahaa
I hate South Sydney.... immensely