Here it is... Post match interview

tiger tigers

Re: Here it is... Post match interview

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 16 May, 2010 6:50 pm

well said hybrid . and how can anybody disagree...

Post by 851 » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:07 pm

DREW76 wrote:Vent your anger/ disgust or pleasure below......
shumphreys@weststigers.com.au
Direct: 02 87413345
Mobile: 0423 *** *** (not sure if I can post it here - but PM me if ya really need it!)
Thanks for the address,I have vented my anger at Sheens and Simmons,although I hold out no hope of action against these 2 koalas. :evil:
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:11 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Dear Stephen,

I write to you as a disgusted, tired and embarrassed Tigers supporter (and season ticket holder).

I have been following this side since I was old enough to walk. I'm 24 years old and was formerly a Balmain fan and followed us over when we merged in 2000. Winning the competition in 2005 was one of the best moments in my life and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the game and also to every semi-finals game we played that season. I have also attended almost every home game for the past five or six years and travelled interstate to watch us play. 2005 was my first experience following my side in the semi-finals and was truly an amazing time which I will never forget.

However, fast forward five years later and here we are staring down the barrel at a fifth consecutive year without finals football after winning a premiership. There is simply no excuses for this kind of failure and mediocrity. In my opinion the signs were there in 2007, the disgusting capitulation in the last round against Newcastle was one of the darkest days in this clubs history, and that is no mean feat when you consider the early events in the merger, specifically 2001 and 2002.

I also had the unfortunate privilege of attending Sunday's game and what was dished up was simply pathetic and unacceptable and without doubt was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from this team, or any team in the NRL for that matter.

I know you probably won't even bother replying to this e-mail, but I want to ask you one question: is there a coach in world sport, anywhere, who like Tim Sheens, is completely unaccountable for his teams performances?

Can I ask how you and your board came to the decision to resign Tim Sheens for a further year a few weeks ago? What has Tim done to deserve another contract extension? We have not made the semi finals for four years. I have no doubts Tim is a good coach but its clear his time with us is up and he has become stale. Obviously the players aren't responding to him any longer when at least 14 of them didn't even put any effort in whatsoever on Sunday.

Like most loyal Tigers supporters I am grateful to Tim and the rest of the coaching staff for 2005. However, how long can they cling onto this for? Already we are five years down the track and have only gone spiralling backwards. In my opinion 2010 is not going to get any better as Tim has shown he keeps making the same mistakes that cost us in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 - namely, playing players out of position, picking wingers on the bench who don't get any game time, playing with 16 players in 30 degree heat etc. etc.

I know there are some circumstances which couldn't have been avoided, for example the injuries in 2006 and the depature of Scott Prince (who always wanted to return home) but there is only so long that these excuses can be used. Most fans initially gave the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt - but no longer can this sort of mediocrity be tolerated. It is a disgrace and is completely unacceptable.

I know it probably won't mean much, but I will definately not be renewing my season ticket in 2011, unless of course massive changes are made. I also know of many others who will be doing the same. I mistakenly "stepped up" this year - perhaps someone should have told our players and coach that they are supposed to do the same.

Yours sincerely,
Well said,I have writen to Humphrey's today,but I don't hold out much hope anything will change.
Go hard or go home

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun 16 May, 2010 7:49 pm

This is great.....the natives are restless....I just sent my email....but we cant give up boys, we must be relentless until these two clowns are gone.... we have to keep hammering away at Stephen and change will eventually come

TAKE A WALK SHEENS

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:00 pm

Excellent response hybrid

Shame nothing will come of all this though, but I don't think we can sit by any longer and let it go on. Things are stale, been stale since '07, he should have moved well before now.

Tiger Tim from 'Gong

Post by Tiger Tim from 'Gong » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:09 pm

Stephen,

As an old Balmain boy, I would hope that you are as disgusted as I, and the other supporters are, at what 17 players and a coaching staff did to that proud jersey today.

When those players can't be fired up and passionate enough to at least have a go under the following circumstances:
-in Heritage Round
-at the SCG
-with a host of legends of the game in attendance
-wearing the traditional bumblebee jersey
-after a stirring rendition of the National Anthem and a moving minute's silence to one of our club's greatest (maybe the current players don't know very much about the history of Balmain and the Magpies?)
-and most of all, after 3 straight losses;
well something must be seriously wrong

When the previous CEO wanted to hold the coach accountable for his decisions and results, the board went along with the coach's wishes and sacked him. Why shouldn't our coach be held accountable for the situations he puts our club in? While he may be the current Australian coach, the fact remains that in the past 16 years, he had featured in just one semi-finals appearance.

Throughout this season, coach Sheens has continually chosen to pick an outside back on the bench, and routinely receives few, if any, minutes on the field. Two weeks ago, in hot afternoon conditions, only 16 players were used, and we were run down right at the end of the game
At the end of last year, a decision was made to bring Daniel Fitzhenry back from England, despite him never being a match winner for our side in the past. This year his performances have been average at best. A winger who can't score tries isn't much good to anyone.
These are just two decisions that should be held up to scruitiny by those in charge at the club.

Meanwhile, both our NSW Cup sides are in the Top 4...surely there are players performing strongly, who would die for a shot in first grade?

Before I take up too much of your time, I would just like to make mention of the fact that Steve Folkes is a proven coach who has led teams to many finals series and grand finals....he just so happens to currently be on the staff at our club. Maybe his role needs to be expanded?

I've not emailed the club about a performance before, but today would have to have been one of the worst in the Wests Tigers 10 years...certainly the worst since the Terry Lamb days

Thank you for your time

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:10 pm

this is my letter,

Dear Stephen Humpries,

SACK SHEENS or step yourself down now.

You are all a bunch of fools who live in a world of nepotism and have little regard for your fans who are the real stakeholders of the club.

SHEENS is a disgrace and you are a disgrace for re-signing him.

Regards
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:19 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Excellent response hybrid

Shame nothing will come of all this though, but I don't think we can sit by any longer and let it go on. Things are stale, been stale since '07, he should have moved well before now.
If enough of us email our concernes and disgust dave ...he will have to listen.....lets keep it going boys

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:21 pm

I hope the Wests Tigers office email system is on a 300GB/mth download plan.
With the amount of emails inundating the bunker, I hope our esteemed leaders won't be throttled to dial up speed until the next billing period starts.
This has happened to me previously, albeit not from disaffected customers.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:28 pm

I am just as disgusted as all of you with the performance of our team, today and, at times, over the past four years.

However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.

Remember, this poor performance of our team has been going on for over four years. In this period, there has been three General Managers and none have achieved the changes needed for our team to improve performance, consistently.

In a well-run business, when times get tough, the board will call in top management and voice their concerns and ask for the managers to present their plans to fix the problems. It is the Directors duty, at law, to questions the plans and performance of the management in addressing the Company's problems. It is the Director's duty to approve the management's plans or to ask for modifications, if they do not agree with them.

What do the Directors of the Wests Tigers Joint Venture think of the performance of the NRL team over the past four years? What do the Directors of the Wests Tigers Joint Venture think of the performance of the NRL team so far this season? If they are not concerned, THEN ALL THE BLEATING IN THE WORLD WILL PROBABLY NOT ACHIEVE ANY CHANGE!

Does anyone know what the Board thinks of our team's performance? Why not direct your concerns to each of the Directors and to the Board, as a group? If they do not see there needs to be change in the team's performance, maybe the Football Club members need to change the Directors, so they get a Board, who will ask for a Management Plan for improved performance. Maybe some KPI's for the business and the employees would help.

Can anyone give me the contact names and the mode of contact, so I can express my disgust at their inaction?

willow

Post by willow » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:30 pm

Another post match pressie:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:34 pm

spaceman wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:Excellent response hybrid

If enough of us email our concernes and disgust dave ...he will have to listen.....lets keep it going boys
Well I hope so spaceman, I'll send off a mail in the morning when I should be less ticked off.

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 16 May, 2010 8:35 pm

Well Sheens did say he would step down himself if we don't make the finals by the end of his current contract. Perhaps we can only hope the players want him gone too and are helping this along for us?? Meh guess not.

Time to type up my email.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:03 pm

Agh, that interview has just made me angry again. Where is some anger or some passion in his assessment. We lost because we were pathetic, we dropped the ball and didn't put in for each other or our club. It's all too cozy. i'll write to Humphreys tomorrow. sheens must go. i will not accept finishing 9th or 10th again this year. We have the team, they just need leadership on and off the field.

DREW76

Post by DREW76 » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:21 pm

Todays result doesn't only affect our position on the ladder this season.
If the Tigers are chasing any player off contract for next season, what the hell would they want to come to the club after watching todays game.
The only reason I can think they would come to the club for is to get paid for playing bloody average football and having no fear of being dumped to lower grade.
I am absolutely sick of the dribble that comes out of Sheens' mouth after a loss. You can put your hand up and say sorry about a loss but the fact is this has happened before with no changes being made to the side and will continue to happen.
Why is it us fans can see what a dinosaur Sheens has become but no one else can? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:28 pm

I write to you as a disgusted, tired and embarrassed Tigers supporter (and season ticket holder).

I have been following this side since I was old enough to walk. I'm 24 years old and was formerly a Balmain fan and followed us over when we merged in 2000. Winning the competition in 2005 was one of the best moments in my life and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the game and also to every semi-finals game we played that season. I have also attended almost every home game for the past five or six years and travelled interstate to watch us play. 2005 was my first experience following my side in the semi-finals and was truly an amazing time which I will never forget.

However, fast forward five years later and here we are staring down the barrel at a fifth consecutive year without finals football after winning a premiership. There is simply no excuses for this kind of failure and mediocrity. In my opinion the signs were there in 2007, the disgusting capitulation in the last round against Newcastle was one of the darkest days in this clubs history, and that is no mean feat when you consider the early events in the merger, specifically 2001 and 2002.

I also had the unfortunate privilege of attending Sunday's game and what was dished up was simply pathetic and unacceptable and without doubt was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from this team, or any team in the NRL for that matter.

I know you probably won't even bother replying to this e-mail, but I want to ask you one question: is there a coach in world sport, anywhere, who like Tim Sheens, is completely unaccountable for his teams performances?

Can I ask how you and your board came to the decision to resign Tim Sheens for a further year a few weeks ago? What has Tim done to deserve another contract extension? We have not made the semi finals for four years. I have no doubts Tim is a good coach but its clear his time with us is up and he has become stale. Obviously the players aren't responding to him any longer when at least 14 of them didn't even put any effort in whatsoever on Sunday.

Like most loyal Tigers supporters I am grateful to Tim and the rest of the coaching staff for 2005. However, how long can they cling onto this for? Already we are five years down the track and have only gone spiralling backwards. In my opinion 2010 is not going to get any better as Tim has shown he keeps making the same mistakes that cost us in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 - namely, playing players out of position, picking wingers on the bench who don't get any game time, playing with 16 players in 30 degree heat etc. etc.

I know there are some circumstances which couldn't have been avoided, for example the injuries in 2006 and the depature of Scott Prince (who always wanted to return home) but there is only so long that these excuses can be used. Most fans initially gave the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt - but no longer can this sort of mediocrity be tolerated. It is a disgrace and is completely unacceptable.

I know it probably won't mean much, but I will definately not be renewing my season ticket in 2011, unless of course massive changes are made. I also know of many others who will be doing the same. I mistakenly "stepped up" this year - perhaps someone should have told our players and coach that they are supposed to do the same.

Yours sincerely,
i just posted this as a note on FB

very well said

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:36 pm

Yours sincerely,
Fair and understandable. I would love to hear the response.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:39 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:I am just as disgusted as all of you with the performance of our team, today and, at times, over the past four years.

However, before you all go looking for Stephen Humphreys to fix the problem, remember what happened to his predecessor, Scott Longmuir, who tried to address this same problem last year. Scott had the right idea from a good management point-of-view, but he got rolled by the Board, who supported Tim Sheens and not their General Manager. You cannot expect Stephen to take on the Board, his masters, because they have demonstrated, if they do not support what he is doing, they will remove him.
Rubbish. Scott was let go for good reasons.