WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT

Ryan

WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT

Post by Ryan » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:52 pm

WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT
16/05/2010 9:22:27 PM
Wests Tigers has called for an urgent meeting with the SCG Trust to review the circumstances surrounding the breach in protocol that resulted in fans prematurely flooding onto the ground after the match against South Sydney on Sunday, May 16.

“The incident has caused great concern and we will be looking to understand why the procedures that were agreed to were not followed,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.

“The plans put in place prior to the match were for supporters to be allowed onto the field after the second siren had sounded and after all players had left the field and returned to the dressing rooms.

“We are keen to learn the lessons and ensure that the right procedures are in place and adhered to so that we can continue to allow fans of all ages the rare opportunity to gain access to the hallowed turf of the SCG as part of our annual clash against the Rabbitohs.”
Great to see the club is tackling the important issues after today's great game... Heaven forbid a six year old running up to one of the player's and telling him what he really thought of today's performance..

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:54 pm

plans put in place prior to the match?

obviously someone forgot to tell the players they had a game plan for today as well

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:55 pm

Should have got the kids to put on a jersey.
They would have done a far better job.
Madgic!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:56 pm

its not the SCG fault if fans ran on the field. Security did there best to stop it and even took a few fans away (and stole the corner post the bloke had taken.)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:56 pm

Good to see the club tackling the big issues as per usual.

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:57 pm

damn, didn't know they swarmed so early.. Wish i was there could've ran and given Sheens a knock out blow..

I wonder if any supporters here had a chance to go say a few comments at our "players"
tigers!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 May, 2010 9:59 pm

Think of the children.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:00 pm

babhahahahahahhahahahahaa are you serious????????!!!!!!

omg you cant make this stuff up!!!

i wonder which sick kiddie story will be on the website tomorrow

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:02 pm

Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.

wt4lyf

Post by wt4lyf » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:05 pm

izotope wrote:damn, didn't know they swarmed so early.. Wish i was there could've ran and given Sheens a knock out blow..

I wonder if any supporters here had a chance to go say a few comments at our "players"
lol from where i was sitting, the players were copping it
was waiting for the bottles, to get thrown onto the field
amazingly, it never happened :)
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:06 pm

NJLM78 wrote:Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.
I like that idea!

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:08 pm

Well this statement takes the cake all about the kids running onto the ground i think it should have been a statement to the fans telling us what action you are going to take in regards to this team and coaching staff or are you all affraid of Sheens

tigergran

Post by tigergran » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:19 pm

NJLM78 wrote:Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.
Absolutely well said, NJLM78. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran
Through thick and thin.
WESTS TIGERS BE PROUD!!

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:27 pm

Maybe they should have run onto the field at the start of the game!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 May, 2010 5:34 am

tiger jim wrote:Well this statement takes the cake all about the kids running onto the ground i think it should have been a statement to the fans telling us what action you are going to take in regards to this team and coaching staff or are you all affraid of Sheens
I'd say it was done from a legal aspect...covering their own arses, nothing more.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:04 am

The Wests Tigers NRL team has just produced the worst performance EVER and the CEO is concerned about the kids running onto the field?

If he thinks this is the most important matter for the Club at the moment, the Joint Venture has a bigger problem than I thought. I believed the hype about Mr. Humphreys business acumen, but now I am not so sure.

What does the Board think about the team's performance?

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Mon 17 May, 2010 7:37 am

If results keep going the way they are I reckon we could move the game to Birchgrove Oval ... we could almost fill that grandstand to its 150 capacity if our master coach has the team as on song as they have been in 14 of his last 15 seasons

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:15 am

tigergran wrote:
Absolutely well said, NJLM78. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran
Rubbish!
We would have locked around 11,000 fans out of Leichhardt yesterday and many would have been Tigers fans. Leichhardt is substandard and isn't up to NRL standards.
For those 11,000 you lock out at $20 per head you would cost the club $220,000 - that means you are saying you would rather lose a $200k player to have a better view. That is a very shortsighted and selfish view in my opinion. We are not playing in the 1980's Amco Cup here - the club needs big stadiums to keep operating. There will be a day when Leichhardt will not be able to host any games and that day will be sooner rather than later as much as it hurts me to say so.