what is wrong with lawrence?

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2913
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

what is wrong with lawrence?

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:14 pm

ive never seen chris lawrence defend so badly and have such bad body language as the last few weeks.

even when we've lost heavily in the past lawrence could always be seen having a dig, however lately and especially today he seemed to not want to be there. he has gone from a genuine origin contender to barely a first grader in the space of 4 weeks.

ive been told he doesnt really socialise with the players outside of footy. is he not happy at the club anymore?


User avatar
izotope
Member
Member
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:21 pm

could be right, something must be wrong @ concord.

Maybe they all realise now there stuck with sheens for longer after the sacking of mr Longmuir
tigers!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29627
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:31 pm

Benji doesn't like him any more....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18130
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 16 May, 2010 10:57 pm

Geo. wrote:Benji doesn't like him any more....
Is that just random speculation?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
izotope
Member
Member
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by izotope » Sun 16 May, 2010 11:06 pm

benji doesn't like anything anymore, like running or getting tackled.
tigers!


BornBlack&Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:42 am

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Mon 17 May, 2010 1:18 am

whats wrong with lawrence?
whats wrong with all of them???

magpie mania
Member
Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by magpie mania » Mon 17 May, 2010 2:30 am

bornblack&gold wrote:whats wrong with lawrence?
Whats wrong with all of them???


except heighno he has a dig each and every week.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11065
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:32 am

we've gone through this before, where it appeared the team just did not care.... I think it was '07 or '08

At least the lower grades are going well

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:43 am

Tigerdave wrote:we've gone through this before, where it appeared the team just did not care.... I think it was '07 or '08

At least the lower grades are going well
Or was it 2006 or 2009? The results achieved by the Wests Tigers NRL team since 2005 (Wow! What a year!) have at times been symtomatic of a team, which did not appear to care.

What has happened at the Football Club to produce the results of the past four weeks?

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11065
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 May, 2010 6:54 am

Well I thought the effort was there in '06 and as for last year, can't think of a game where we just gave up. Yes results have been the same (no win), but it's worse when there is just no effort and the team has given up.

As for the last 4 weeks, the only thing I can think of is confidence is way down, there's been so many chops and changes in the line up that maybe that's taken it's toll? If Sheens had stuck with Lazarus at half the previous 3 games, maybe there would have been a bit more consistency within the side? It appeared that Sheens panicked after Moltzen got injured and that has filtered down, maybe? Trying to force players to play to his gameplan rather than coaching the side that suits the players the best?

Lukic
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Lukic » Mon 17 May, 2010 7:00 am

I don't think Lawrence is upset at the club, he socialises with the rest of the team outside of footy. I think he was probably over giving 100% every game, despite the result being as it is.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29627
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:00 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Geo. wrote:Benji doesn't like him any more....
Is that just random speculation?

Well...there have been times Benji telegraphs what he's gunna do ....You can see it 3 plays ahead and Lawrence gets smashed.......

Here's a thought......Run Benji Run....every now and then,,,
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:09 am

Lawrence doesn't go looking for the ball enough, so doesn't get involved when the Tigers are struggling.

His defensive reads have always been poor, but now teams look to have figured out the he runs up & hits the spot between two attackers more than he hits the actual attacker.

And having seen a bomb hit him in the head, and seen him watch & hope someone else will take a catch the previous game, I now know why he isn't playing fullback. He has terrible awareness of the guys around him, and his place on the field.

Loads of skill- but his head needs to be figured out.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33095
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:31 am

Most of the team had poor body language yesterday, Lawrence was one of them. For me the writing was on the wall when Isaac Luke knocked the ball out of Farah's hands early and took off and scored. The fact that Benji and Lawrence chased yet didn't lay a hand on him said a lot. Lawrence didn't even look like he was fully striding out, even when he scored just before fulltime he only cruised to the line. He's not hitting the line as hard as he could IMO, and he's not getting any quality ball from Benji either which doesn't help.

The silly thing is, the Tigers should be playing to their strengths out wide, that is getting the ball to Lawrence, Tuqiri and Benji should be taking the line on more. This has gone out the window for some reason or another, and I don't put it entirely down to the forwards getting smashed because the pack was good against the Roosters. The players have lost confidence and look lost and I don't see anyone taking responsibility on how to fix things.

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:39 am

Lawrence is lacking one key trait in my opinion - and that is a bit of mongrel and aggression. He let himself get munched by Champion yesterday off the scrum (taken into touch). That should fire him up - he should want to get the better of his opposing centre and get another back. Instead he goes into his shell (he never comes out of it really) and goes missing. This adds to the perception that he is 'not giving 100$' - he always looks like he is only in 2nd gear. The kid needs a bit of fire.

Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 17 May, 2010 8:43 am

I understand what you say about lacking fire- but I disagree.

I think the fact that we can watch him rush up to put on a hit shows that he likes to dominate.

But the fact that we can watch him get run past as he rushes up & takes nobody, or watch the ball bounce off the top of his head when the bomb goes up- shows that he has no idea what he is doing in defence- and that's a 'football smarts' problem.

He might be a great athlete, and can dominate when put into a good position by the playmakers. But when he needs to create, or heaven forbid- think for himself, we see him look lost & confused.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3718
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:05 am

The last 2 weeks in particular the majority of our attack has gone to the right hand side.
Our left hand side is one of the best in the competition but for some reason (& it appears to be a game plan so the assumption is that it has to be our idiot coach) we go to the other side the majority of the time.
& thats after our RHS side 'winger', and I use the term very loosely, has come in to take a 2m run out of dummy half on the other side of the field and is then taking 3 rucks to slowly walk back into position.
Lawrence obviously needs his confidence boosting so we play to the other side of the park, away from him?

If he could get some good, clean, regular ball in attack we'd probably see his attitude & therefore his defence turn around.

oh mr sheens you've stuffed it again.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 17 May, 2010 9:08 am

Nothing is wrong with Lawrence, he is just on the wrong side of the field. Move Fitzhenry to the left wing and Lawrence should get more ball.

Post Reply