Magpies Heritage jerseys

tiger tigers

Re: Magpies Heritage jerseys

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:30 pm

alien wrote:I loved the jerseys that they wore tonight, much better than last weeks jersey. I don't agree with Rabs saying it should have had orange numbers.
they were the same jerseys..gee why does it always have to be a wests v balmain el crappo ....

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:36 pm

alien wrote:I loved the jerseys that they wore tonight, much better than last weeks jersey. I don't agree with Rabs saying it should have had orange numbers.

After lasts weeks debacle, I will find it very hard to put on my bumble bee jumper ever again, let alone wear it to the game!!! :oops:

Although it did get me through all the finals in 2005, I think I may retire it now.

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:38 pm

gee why does it always have to be a wests v balmain el crappo ....[/quote]

Too True.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 May, 2010 12:46 am

innsaneink wrote:
Staks wrote:"they should have orange numbers on them" -- Rabs Warren :roll:
I think rabs is going blind.

We win in the black strip a lot eh?
We do....... :D
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

galahs

Post by galahs » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:51 am

Was a pleasant surprise to see the Magpie strip yesterday. Even better seeing it on a winning side. Made getting soaked to the bone more bearable.

Rabs was winging on the radio today that the Wests TIgers should stop wearing heritage strips as it means there are too many jerseys for the fans to buy, and that its been 10 years since the merger and people should get over it.

I like it that the club pays tribute to its heritage and that both the Balmain and Magpies strip gets a run each year. But anyone who seriously blames the jerseys for wins or losses are kidding themselves.

To say it tongue and cheek however is just good old fashion Aussie humor.

I also liked Newcastle heritage strip they wore. To me it just screams out Newcastle Knights.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 23 May, 2010 1:23 pm

why does no one in the media know why they wore the black and white stripped jersey. Rabs Warren on the radio, today on the Roast. They even implied it was a Wentworthville strip! WTF!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 23 May, 2010 1:51 pm

galahs wrote:Was a pleasant surprise to see the Magpie strip yesterday. Even better seeing it on a winning side. Made getting soaked to the bone more bearable.

Rabs was winging on the radio today that the Wests TIgers should stop wearing heritage strips as it means there are too many jerseys for the fans to buy, and that its been 10 years since the merger and people should get over it.I like it that the club pays tribute to its heritage and that both the Balmain and Magpies strip gets a run each year. But anyone who seriously blames the jerseys for wins or losses are kidding themselves.

To say it tongue and cheek however is just good old fashion Aussie humor.

I also liked Newcastle heritage strip they wore. To me it just screams out Newcastle Knights.
He's 100% correct mate.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 23 May, 2010 1:57 pm

galahs wrote:why does no one in the media know why they wore the black and white stripped jersey. Rabs Warren on the radio, today on the Roast. They even implied it was a Wentworthville strip! WTF!!!
No-one cares anymore mate...their job is to report on the status, comings and goings, wins and losses - of the Wests Tigers.

Balmian and Western Suburbs dont exist in the NRL - they are insignificant compared to the Wests Tigers

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:30 pm

I feel sorry for you mate if you believe that

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 23 May, 2010 9:11 pm

Whether I think that or not isn't the point here..It's the media's perception and they aren't neccessarily wrong.