Fitzy @ Fullback

Cysquatch

Re: Fitzy @ Fullback

Post by Cysquatch » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:18 pm

pass. some errors. some good takes. best player is funny stuff though. praising him for things that a fullback should do. honestly thats the best ive seen from him in a LONG while. still, better options availalble
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:21 pm

Black Orange White wrote:I congratulate you for a solid game at fullback. You were generally safe at the back in those horrid conditions and made decent metres. If anyone complains about your game today, they are a hater.
im not a hater ....but why move ryan .. and play a winger on the bench ... if he is selected , why not on the bench in a utility role ....once again brown was used for 5 minutes indicating yet another wasted selection ....

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:21 pm

He was Shocking.

We are kidding outselves if we think we can mount any sort of challenge in this competition with a nuffy like Fitzhnery at fullback. Bad enough on the wing but fullback what a farce.

He caught a couple of bombs, big deal. Most fullbacks do. He also made some comical errors and a pathetic attempt at tackle on Rodgers.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:37 pm

Not his greatest fan, but to say he was shocking is just not true. give credit where it is due.
He took some difficult kicks under pressure - something we haven't seem to be able to do in the last 2 weeks (all season in fact) - do you not recall Marshall's attempt last week, or the 74th minute at Campbelltown when Ryan dropped a bomb that lost us the game?
Yes, he missed rogers - so did three others.
Yes, he dropped the ball a few times. so did plenty of others - did you not notice that it was bucketing down most of the night.
I'm sure Sheens only put him there as he did not want Daniella and Fitzy trying to defend the right hand side. but he did OK at fullback. Made metres out of dummy half, even tried to chime into the attack off Marshall (admittedly, dropped a pass off Marshall when in a hole).
He's not our solution, but i'm not gonna bag him for his game tonight.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:41 pm

prattenpark wrote:Not his greatest fan, but to say he was shocking is just not true. give credit where it is due.
He took some difficult kicks under pressure - something we haven't seem to be able to do in the last 2 weeks (all season in fact) - do you not recall Marshall's attempt last week, or the 74th minute at Campbelltown when Ryan dropped a bomb that lost us the game?
Yes, he dropped the ball a few times. so did plenty of others - did you not notice that it was bucketing down most of the night.
I'm sure Sheens only put him there as he did not want Daniella and Fitzy trying to defend the right hand side. but he did OK at fullback. Made metres out of dummy half, even tried to chime into the attack off Marshall (admittedly, dropped a pass off Marshall when in a hole).
here, here,,,,totally agree mate.
Sure there is a heap of better full backs that could do the job but fitsy pulled it off tonight so goood on him. :sign:

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:42 pm

some of you guys remind me of a classic homer simpson moment

"wow, ned, im really impressed, i dont get impressed easy,.....wow look a blue car!"

come on guys he did what an average full back should do defensively and offensively he was utter garbage, if thats as good as it gets for fitzy then he really doesnt deserve a spot in this team
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:44 pm

prattenpark wrote:Not his greatest fan, but to say he was shocking is just not true. give credit where it is due.
Sums it up perfect for mine....Well said....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:48 pm

Shocking maybe a bit harsh. But he was still very ordinary in my opinion. The bad thing about this is Sheens will now think it was a masterstroke and keep him there all season. Serously, its a farce. We are going absolutely no where in this competition with a guy like fithenry playing a key position.

izotope

Post by izotope » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:53 pm

best game he had for us this year. Definately not a long term solution.
Can't fault him on his game too much (not that he offered too much either)

but a good 3 star effort from fitzhenry
tigers!

willow

Post by willow » Fri 21 May, 2010 10:57 pm

Under the conditions he did ok. There were some poor errors in the first half but he took a couple of good bombs and don't underestimate his dummyhalf running tonight, both he and Ryan were very good in this regard and took a lot of pressure of the Tigers forwards. He's certainly not an ideal fullback or winger, and I agree that there are better options, but Fitzy did his job tonight.

senexx

Post by senexx » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:03 pm

ron burgandy wrote:some of you guys remind me of a classic homer simpson moment

"wow, ned, im really impressed, i dont get impressed easy,.....wow look a blue car!"

come on guys he did what an average full back should do defensively and offensively he was utter garbage, if thats as good as it gets for fitzy then he really doesnt deserve a spot in this team
Ron, the reason we are all giving Fitzhenry his due credit is because how badly others rubbish him on here. Over-rubbish him. As an overall view of his games you are largely correct but not tonight.

And wake up a full back is a defensive position.

Anyone that insists that Fitzy had a bad game tonight is a dead-set idiot and should be treated as such.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Annibelle

Post by Annibelle » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:10 pm

Fair suck of the sav, some of you are missing the point. 99% of sane people agree he shouldn't be in FG but are just acknowledging the fact he had a decent game compared to what he usually dishes up.

Swannie47

Post by Swannie47 » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:14 pm

Anyone who believes that Fitzhenry had a poor game tonight does not have the ability to put their biases aside when posting comments.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:14 pm

Annibelle wrote:Fair suck of the sav, some of you are missing the point. 99% of sane people agree he shouldn't be in FG but are just acknowledging the fact he had a decent game compared to what he usually dishes up.
:lol: your on Fire,,,,

Exactly..

Well done Fitzy.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Staks

Post by Staks » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:15 pm

Annibelle wrote:Fair suck of the sav, some of you are missing the point. 99% of sane people agree he shouldn't be in FG but are just acknowledging the fact he had a decent game compared to what he usually dishes up.
Did he make you smile Annibelle ? 8-)
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:16 pm

Safe in very trying conditions.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:16 pm

She made me smile. :D

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:18 pm

I thought he played well considering conditions. His best for the season. I still prefer Beau Ryan at the back though.