Simon Dwyer....

izotope

Re: Dwyer...

Post by izotope » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:36 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
citizen cub wrote: Dwyer is good go foward prop.
Dwyer is not a prop, he's a second rower.
he's more of a prop then half the backrowers sheens brings in to do a prop's work.
tigers!

Post by 851 » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:38 am

softlaw wrote:What we don;t need is Fulton and Flanagan in the same 17 as they are both small backrowers. Same as when we had Fulton & Halatau.
Personally I think Flanagan is the one who should miss out.
We can have both,if we lose the back on the bench,which i hope we do from next week,the Warriors have big forwards.
On Dwyer,he has looked the goods from the time he came into grade,he runs great lines and can off load,he now has the body to do this at NRL level,and best of all he is a Wests junior who I hope stays for ever.
Go hard or go home

galahs

Post by galahs » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:53 am

Very good game by Simon. The Magpie jersey probably helped lift his game too in very tough conditions
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 May, 2010 1:33 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Gawd ......the boring Sheens quips just never end do they.

Its in every thread......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Re Dwyer,did anyone notice the arms on the bloke,holy moly he has some guns!!
look just wait until Bash Brother Jason 'Angry Man Schirnack gets him self fit......

Pffft...who needs to buy hacks from other clubs when we produce juniors like we do...

Scary thing is this mob are already better than the '02 brigade.....cept maybe Bunji....

He weighed in for Wests at 106.5Kg....He is massive now....still growing... :shock:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:02 pm

softlaw wrote:What we don;t need is Fulton and Flanagan in the same 17 as they are both small backrowers. Same as when we had Fulton & Halatau.
Thats also how i see it.Flanagan is not up to forwards standard for me.Is a great squad player but at full strength i can't see how he could fit in this side.
Dwyer on the other hand has 1st grade all over him.He has the worlds biggest arms & the scary thing is i can see him getting even bigger in 2 or 3 years time

barra

Post by barra » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree he has looked the goods from the time he ran out against the Cowboys last year. Last night he again brought some great impact to the side this time with his running game. Obviously he is potential starting side material, but for now I like the impact he brings off the bench which has been lacking. Definitely a 'must have' in the side, but from the bench just for now.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:26 pm

Both he and Fifita are the future of our forwards. Our next generation forward pack must be built around these two guys.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:36 pm

He was used well of the bench for maximum impact, which certainly gave us a bit of momentum towards the end of the first half. Even the commentators were wrapping him

The thing that impressed me was that he went looking for the ball

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:58 pm

tigerdre wrote:
Thats also how i see it.Flanagan is not up to forwards standard for me.Is a great squad player but at full strength i can't see how he could fit in this side.
Dwyer on the other hand has 1st grade all over him.He has the worlds biggest arms & the scary thing is i can see him getting even bigger in 2 or 3 years time
Its a big mans game these days,& small backrowers need to have something really special like Gallans toughness or watmoughs speed to have an impact...Im not sure Flanno,whilst I applaud his enthusiastism,has anything new or different to bring,whilst Fulton does have some ball playing skills but its one or the otherIMO.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 22 May, 2010 4:18 pm

Chris wrote:Both he and Fifita are the future of our forwards. Our next generation forward pack must be built around these two guys.
No argument there
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:13 pm

Really impressed with Simon. We need dangerous andfowards hunting for the ball and big hits. Him, Ellis and Fafita are the only forwards with that look in their eye
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:15 pm

Chris wrote:Both he and Fifita are the future of our forwards. Our next generation forward pack must be built around these two guys.
It is pleasing to see some of our younger players being slotted into the NRL team. It is even better to see that they are proving to be competitive in the NRL.
With such a big junior area, the future success of the Tigers will depend on the Club developing the better of the young players and not losing them to opposition teams. :wahoo:

Kickme

Post by Kickme » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:23 pm

Good picture of Simon Dwyer.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:24 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
It is pleasing to see some of our younger players being slotted into the NRL team. It is even better to see that they are proving to be competitive in the NRL.
With such a big junior area, the future success of the Tigers will depend on the Club developing the better of the young players and not losing them to opposition teams. :wahoo:
It's good hey. Lui, Fifita and now Dwyer have showed they can make the next step outside the Toyota Cup.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:44 pm

Hopefully by years end our first string forwards are something like;

8 - KG
10 - Gibbo
11 - Ellis
12 - Dwyer
13 - Rhino
14 - Fifita
15 - J Schirnack
16 - Woods
17 - Fulton

Payten is a passenger. Last night was the best game of the season for him but it still wasn't very good for a starting prop. Fulton gets the 17 jersey because he is a better defender than Mark Flanagan. Obviously I'm pretty much saying that I hope Woods, Jason Schirnack and Dwyer become sensations. If Woods can grow that massive beard back he'll play Origin next year.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 22 May, 2010 6:00 pm

MacDougall wrote:Hopefully by years end our first string forwards are something like;

8 - KG
10 - Gibbo
11 - Ellis
12 - Dwyer
13 - Rhino
14 - Fifita
15 - J Schirnack
16 - Woods
17 - Fulton

Payten is a passenger. Last night was the best game of the season for him but it still wasn't very good for a starting prop. Fulton gets the 17 jersey because he is a better defender than Mark Flanagan. Obviously I'm pretty much saying that I hope Woods, Jason Schirnack and Dwyer become sensations. If Woods can grow that massive beard back he'll play Origin next year.
Dwyer and Jason Schirnack already look like sensations to me. Fifita is there as well.

Sheens should be choosing them now.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 May, 2010 9:22 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Dwyer and Jason Schirnack already look like sensations to me. Fifita is there as well.

Sheens should be choosing them now.
Jason 'angry man' Schirnack is still injured I believe.....

His time will come....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 22 May, 2010 9:27 pm

Full credit to our recruitment manager, really has brought some talented youngsters and future stars to our club. Well done Warren you don't often get big wraps but imo you are doing a great job!