Lui

hybrid_tiger

Re: Lui

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:45 pm

southerntiger wrote:
I was waiting for you to comment mate. Nah havent seen the game yet. I have relied on radio comments, league unlimited comments, comments on here and stats for the game. They all suggest Lui did more in that one game than Moltz did all year. I will let you know if have a different view after watching the game this afternoon.

More to the point, do you disagree with that assessment? Or do you simply want to argue against the validity of me commenting?

Dont worry I am returning to Sydney next month. I wont make any further comments until then to make you happy.
I can't take you seriously ST when you bagged Moltzen after not even having seen the game early in the season. IMO it seems as though you have an agenda or some sort of issue against Moltzen playing half, I'm not sure what it is. Even when Moltzen is injured and the thread is about Lui you still seem to be trying to talk him down.

Anyway, Lui had a good game last night, and I am quite happy with how he is progressing. Smeg summed it up best.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:51 pm

Lui has no problems taking on the line. This is because he is a ballrunning 5/8th. His kicking game looks like it needs plenty of work. Struggled to find grass which is an ongoing WT issue. Seems to be working hard on it though.
His defence is very shaky due to his smallish frame, but he does hang on like a little terrier to his credit.
To me, he seems like the perfect reserve half plug the club desperately needs, but IMO is not the solution to the ongoing WT half problems.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:52 pm

I dont have an agenda against Moltz. You can believe what you want buddy. I simply believe he has been nowhere near as good as the likes of Ron suggest. I also dont believe that there is a necessary correlation between our results with him in the 7 and his performances in those games.

As I recall I was right about that game - Moltz was extremely poor which even his supporters admitted.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:09 pm

southerntiger wrote:I dont have an agenda against Moltz. You can believe what you want buddy. I simply believe he has been nowhere near as good as the likes of Ron suggest. I also dont believe that there is a necessary correlation between our results with him in the 7 and his performances in those games.

As I recall I was right about that game - Moltz was extremely poor which even his supporters admitted.
You compared him to Jeff Robson without having even seen the game. If that is not an agenda then I don't know what is.

I agree with CT that Lui's kicking game looks like it needs work, but the Sharks trial this year showed me that he will our best option in this regard if he can get it right.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:17 pm

For his second game back from injury, he is progressing nicely. Was more dominant in the second half and our attack seemed to benefit. It will be hard for any half at our club as Benji and Robbie both want control at the key times.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 22 May, 2010 4:16 pm

willow wrote:That was his third game in FG this season, and I thought he went alright. I would like to see him get more involved, but I'm sure this will evolve naturally as his match fitness and combo with Robbie and Benji improves. He threw some nice passes tonight but needs to work on getting quick kicks away. For a 20 year old, he's got plenty of talent and will only get better IMO.
Yes. It is quite clear he is being eased in.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 5:22 pm

His defence was weak all game. But he is not being allowed to play a true half's game inc being covered. Cant make my mind up yet. But Southern Tiger is wrong. Our season would look much better with Moltzen
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 22 May, 2010 6:54 pm

Just thinking back his defence is a lot better than Benji's & Princes was in '04-'06 purely because of the strength he has in his upper body and arms.
They showed him shirtless in the background in the sheds on Fox today and geeze he's got a strong looking upper body.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Sat 22 May, 2010 7:24 pm

I will stick my neck out here....I agree with southerntiger, lui is a better prospect as a halfback than moltzen..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 May, 2010 9:50 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:His defence was weak all game. But he is not being allowed to play a true half's game inc being covered. Cant make my mind up yet. But Southern Tiger is wrong. Our season would look much better with Moltzen
Not really.... Southern is not totally wrong...

Lui will get better once he gets more time with the structure...They are coached to race up at times to try and snuff out the second reciever but need adequate back up on the inside when it goes wrong like the Rogers try....Lawrence does this well most times on the left

His defence was good apart from that...He stopped Faa'oso on the goal line working well with Ellis and Daniela at 13-6..

As for his attack...he's a running 5/8th so that translates well to a running 7 just a matter of timing...The work from the scrum in dragging in Citaldo was great ..he ran to where Benji was pointing created the hole for Benji to score....it was very well done....His passing game left/right which was poor has also improved....evidenced in the ball to Brown..

His kicking game needs work but don't they all....He doesn't get as much time in FG as he did in the 20's nothing that cant be fixed...He got a good repeat set in the wet something we've been struggling with.,,,, and has a decent bomb

Lui is only 20 with plenty of improvement in him....

Moltzen was ahead of him IMO at the begining of the year.....just glad we have both tied up for the next few years....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 22 May, 2010 9:58 pm

How big was that first bom he put up, didnt want him at 7 at the start of the season but that was because i wanted Moltz there but he is showind improvment evry game. The bloke has massive talent and if he keeps building on last nights performance it willl be interesting to see who gets the gig when Moltz is back next year!

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:00 pm

bradexl wrote:I will stick my neck out here....I agree with southerntiger, lui is a better prospect as a halfback than moltzen..

what exactly are you basing that on? because if you line up both their form in the half back role its moltzen first then daylight to anyone else whos played there since prince
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:00 pm

Granto87 wrote:How big was that first bom he put up, didnt want him at 7 at the start of the season but that was because i wanted Moltz there but he is showind improvment evry game. The bloke has massive talent and if he keeps building on last nights performance it willl be interesting to see who gets the gig when Moltz is back next year!

Mate he nails those bombs. Watched him put 3 up before the souths game and they were out of this world.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:24 pm

I find it hard to see how people can say he had "a great game" or "a blinder" when marshall probably played more half than he did himself, he went OK, a work in progress...shame his greatest asset is slowly being eradicated from his game...onya tim

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:I find it hard to see how people can say he had "a great game" or "a blinder" when marshall probably played more half than he did himself, he went OK, a work in progress...shame his greatest asset is slowly being eradicated from his game...onya tim
Which is?...can't have 2 Benji's...one's gotta change...

the last 30 Lui was mainly a half I reckon...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:39 pm

That was a really hard game to play, Poor Form/ weather and pressure.

Rob Lui did well for a 20 yr old in his 7th or so FG game.

The club arnt mugs to rate this guy so highly.

I will give him another 10 or so games where the fwds aim up b4 if truly make a call,

Well done rob - your proving me right.
UTT - Up The Tigers

alien

Post by alien » Sat 22 May, 2010 10:50 pm

I thought he went better against Newcastle than he did against Souths, but I don't think he was that bad against Souths either. He is still young and he will get better with experience. I thought next year would be his year but with Moltzen out for the rest of the year he has a chance to cement the halfback spot this year. Also whenever the team does something good he is normally one of the first ones in there to congratulate them. You can tell he is very passionate. I like him.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:25 pm

crouching_tiger wrote: His defence is very shaky due to his smallish frame, but he does hang on like a little terrier to his credit.
I read today thay hes 97kg

thats pretty solid if correct - I think his D is ok
UTT - Up The Tigers