Lui

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29694
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Lui

Post by innsaneink » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I find it hard to see how people can say he had "a great game" or "a blinder" when marshall probably played more half than he did himself, he went OK, a work in progress...shame his greatest asset is slowly being eradicated from his game...onya tim
Which is?...can't have 2 Benji's...one's gotta change...

the last 30 Lui was mainly a half I reckon...
His ball playing


User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 11:35 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote: His defence is very shaky due to his smallish frame, but he does hang on like a little terrier to his credit.
I read today thay hes 97kg

thats pretty solid if correct - I think his D is ok

Robert Lui
Date of Birth : 23 February, 1990
Height : 178 cm
Weight : 94 kg
Position : Five-eighth

Rep. Honours : AIS, Qld Opens
Junior Clubs : Upper Ross Rams
FG Debut : Wests Tigers v Cronulla Sharks, Toyota Stadium, Rd 23, 2009.
Club Debut : Wests Tigers v Cronulla Sharks, Toyota Stadium, Rd 23, 2009.
NYC 2009: 21 games, 9 tries, 1 goal, 39 pts.
Career: NRL: 5 games, 0 pts.
NRL 2010: 2 games, 0 pts.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sun 23 May, 2010 7:55 am

i'm just glad that benji had a poor game and we still won with lui involved in a few of them,plus the opportunity he created for the outside players who bombed a certain try.

more importantly lui did things late in the game that we have had problems with in the past.
he finished them off

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 23 May, 2010 9:44 am

king sirro wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:You are a woeful judge of a player Sirro.

I reckon if you say someone is rubbish then they will come good....

Rhino???Ellis???

Rubbish???

I'd like it if just once you read a post of mine and TRIED to take it in the context its meant. Talk about a child who holds a grudge. Your like a sad little stalker. If u dont like someone who calls it how it is then dont read my posts. There not meant for someone like u anyway.

Lui is good and played well. But some in this thread are saying he played great. Sorry, but as a halfback in dour conditions he didnt play great. He showed some very good signs just like he did last week. Im a fan of his, had him for first tryscorer last week and had him for last tryscorer this week.

And mate wake up, i didnt bag Ellis, just said he could give us more because he's so good, and tonight he did.

On Heighno, i stand behind my crititism of him the past 12 months 100%. And i also stand by my praise for him the past 6 weeks.
one person got a bit carried away and said he had a great second half ,i adjusted that to good in the next post ...im with simon you dont have a clue about how good a rugby league player is ....because you never know the facts .. you bagged out the rhino all year , but you didnt know or accept that he played the year injured .. now he has come back to his usual form you try and take credit for it ... your a bad judge of a rugby league player simple as that ......

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 12:32 pm

Cant argue with that TT.....spot on.

:lol:


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 May, 2010 12:36 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
king sirro wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:You are a woeful judge of a player Sirro.

I reckon if you say someone is rubbish then they will come good....

Rhino???Ellis???

Rubbish???

I'd like it if just once you read a post of mine and TRIED to take it in the context its meant. Talk about a child who holds a grudge. Your like a sad little stalker. If u dont like someone who calls it how it is then dont read my posts. There not meant for someone like u anyway.

Lui is good and played well. But some in this thread are saying he played great. Sorry, but as a halfback in dour conditions he didnt play great. He showed some very good signs just like he did last week. Im a fan of his, had him for first tryscorer last week and had him for last tryscorer this week.

And mate wake up, i didnt bag Ellis, just said he could give us more because he's so good, and tonight he did.

On Heighno, i stand behind my crititism of him the past 12 months 100%. And i also stand by my praise for him the past 6 weeks.
one person got a bit carried away and said he had a great second half ,i adjusted that to good in the next post ...im with simon you dont have a clue about how good a rugby league player is ....because you never know the facts .. you bagged out the rhino all year , but you didnt know or accept that he played the year injured .. now he has come back to his usual form you try and take credit for it ... your a bad judge of a rugby league player simple as that ......

hahahaha


I among many others, bagged Heighno last year. I stand by everything i said about him. Now when he's turned his form around i give him his due credit. So that means im taking credit for it hahaha, thats laughable. If i didnt acknowledge his good form u'd be bagging me for not rapping him up. Cant win with some
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sun 23 May, 2010 2:37 pm

there is just one thing sirro.
you also wanted him gone as well.
you said we didn't need him anymore and there were others paid less who could do the job.
the same with gibbs,people bagged him out last year and wanted him gone as well.now they will give the same line as you,but fail to mention they would have cut him and even paid some of his contract if another club picked him up.
it is so easy for us when we have zero accountability.

i'm not knocking you for your opinion on rhino last year.
everyone here has made a bad call,multiple bad calls.
when richards was announced he was going to wigan i did'nt think it would be much of a loss at the time.
his form wasn't great at that stage and i felt he wasn't putting his body on the line.
well he certainly made me look the fool by the end of 2005.

as for lui i can see where you are coming from.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 May, 2010 2:53 pm

Bon, u make a good point. I claim my comments on Heighno's form last year were spot on, however, i did say i'd cut him if i could, so on that point i was clearly proved wrong.

Besides that valid point u mention, i dont understand why people keep bringing Heighno into things with me. I judged his on field performances last year as i saw them and pretty much everyone agreed his form was bad, i just spoke out more than others. This year ive done the same, judge his on field perfomances and i like evryone else i say he's been sensational. Now someone wants to actually bag me for acknowledging his turn around in form, can u believe that? Mate im so happy Heighno is playing the way he is. Ive always said he's a qaulity guy and clubman, its just his form i bagged. I dont see the issue with someone like Simon who looks to bring Heighno up every chance he gets even though its irrelevent. Its a non issue.

Im a bad judge because i thought Heighno was poor last year haha, everyone agrees he was

Im a bad judge because i said Ellis is so good he could give us more haha, he gave us more friday night

Now im a bad judge because of my comments on Lui, when in actual fact, the two guys saying all this have taken my posts up wrong. I rate Lui.

On Lui, well im glad u can see what im saying. A couple have taken my posts as bagging him which is totally not true. Ive actually called for him to be given more responsibility so he can play more like a halfback. I have faith in the kid.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:07 pm

Sirro...you are a good judge mate,,,,,

Sometimes I think people including myself overrate our players at times...

Lui is an excting prospect no doubt....but he's played what a handful of FG games as is only 20...

Heaps of expectation on the kid given the important position he plays within the structure...IMO he's getting better with each game...

Innk ballplaying can be developed in the 7 jumper jast as much as the 6...

Run Lui Run ATM ...I say...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:18 pm

I dont think he is a judge at all.....If a bloke isnt making 200 metres and 60 tackles he regails us with some interesting spiel that is more humourous than anything else.

What I always enjoy is his tear riddled replies.


I must admit Im not into fishing at all,peeps are always going on about how much fun it is,but I really dont get it.

But I would have a go at fishing in a river full of King Sirro's,you would have a feast of watery snapper on ur reel in no time. :lol:

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:31 pm

I say this with the utmost sincerity, if u Simon consider me a bad judge than i take that as a great compliment, i really do.

The thing is, you've never given a valid argument against me ever. U just have childish replies that mean nothing. Bon gave a great point against me and all i could do was say he was right, i'd love for u to do that to me one day, i might even gain some respect for u then.

On a side note, were u the drunken clown outside the SCG on sunday abusing Wests Tigers supporters as they left?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:37 pm

Nahhhhh......I was the drunken clowm stirring Souths supporters before the game and leaving with my tail well and truely between my legs.

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:42 pm

And I never boo my own players either.

I hate that.

Thats what peeves me about this forum.....the crap dished out on players and staff is way out of line IMO.

I find it funny that you call someone a tool and ur post gets booted,but you can have a sig calling someone a "disease to the club'....or telling our coach to "sod off" and thats ok.

Strange........ :?:

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:46 pm

Mate, dont address me in a post and Quote someone elses sig, it sounds like its my sig.

And i never boo my players either. Ill curse to myself and bury my head in my hands, but ive never boo'd our players.

So obviously going by your post u called me a tool and it got deleted, lol, another compliment coming form a child like u.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:51 pm

I never called you a tool.....it was a general post regarding how peeps bag the club.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 May, 2010 3:56 pm

simonthetiger wrote:I never called you a tool.....it was a general post regarding how peeps bag the club.
Fair enough.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sun 23 May, 2010 4:06 pm

king sirro wrote:Bon, u make a good point. I claim my comments on Heighno's form last year were spot on, however, i did say i'd cut him if i could, so on that point i was clearly proved wrong.

Besides that valid point u mention, i dont understand why people keep bringing Heighno into things with me. I judged his on field performances last year as i saw them and pretty much everyone agreed his form was bad, i just spoke out more than others. This year ive done the same, judge his on field perfomances and i like evryone else i say he's been sensational. Now someone wants to actually bag me for acknowledging his turn around in form, can u believe that? Mate im so happy Heighno is playing the way he is. Ive always said he's a qaulity guy and clubman, its just his form i bagged. I dont see the issue with someone like Simon who looks to bring Heighno up every chance he gets even though its irrelevent. Its a non issue.

Im a bad judge because i thought Heighno was poor last year haha, everyone agrees he was

Im a bad judge because i said Ellis is so good he could give us more haha, he gave us more friday night

Now im a bad judge because of my comments on Lui, when in actual fact, the two guys saying all this have taken my posts up wrong. I rate Lui.

On Lui, well im glad u can see what im saying. A couple have taken my posts as bagging him which is totally not true. Ive actually called for him to be given more responsibility so he can play more like a halfback. I have faith in the kid.

you were pretty full on mate.personally i would say overkill.
sniper fire was always going to be aimed at you. :lol:
i think your concerns about why people bring up you and rhino is exactly how this forum operates when judging players.
to often players are being judged more on their past than week to week.
at least you have been week to week in your assessments.

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 23 May, 2010 4:12 pm

Back on Lui......he wasnt spectacular,I dont want him to be.

If he can be solid and lay on a few plays and kick a few good balls that will do me,wecan leave the spec stuff to Messrs Marshall and Farah.

His one on one tackles really impressed me,one massive one in our quarter on Patterson which I think was game turning.

I havent been a fan,but if he keeps that up we will go really well.

Post Reply