Junior Moors... BOOMMMMM!

barrytiger

Re: Junior Moors... BOOMMMMM!

Post by barrytiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:03 pm

softlaw wrote:Moors, Fifita, Dwyer.
Having those 3 as new faces in the pack this season have made a huge difference.
Developing into a strong pack.
anyone goin to give sheens some credit for these guys?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:06 pm

Possibly not Geo ;) This is one peanut who admits he doesnt have enough info to contradict Tim's selections.

However, for me Moors has been a top 3 forward this year. He didnt need minutes in his legs, well at least he could have got those in first grade - he was playing better than the some of the other guys picked ahead of him.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:11 pm

barrytiger wrote:
Having those 3 as new faces in the pack this season have made a huge difference.

I will but many wont. Many people on this forum think players develop themselves.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:21 pm

southerntiger wrote:Possibly not Geo ;) This is one peanut who admits he doesnt have enough info to contradict Tim's selections.

However, for me Moors has been a top 3 forward this year. He didnt need minutes in his legs, well at least he could have got those in first grade - he was playing better than the some of the other guys picked ahead of him.
Top 3 forward.. better than who Keith, Farah, Gibbs, Payten, Ellis, Fulton, Heigno or Fifita?

Rank them should be intersting...

i'd go

Heighno
Ellis
Gibbs
Farah
Fulton
Galloway
Payten
Fifita
Dwyer
MOORS
Flanagan.......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:31 pm

Peanuts? Why u respond if we just peanuts?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:33 pm

Cause I am 1 also ...... ;)

Cmon Sirro rank the forwards based on this years performances....BYE coming up....it will get boring...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:40 pm

Well thats hard because its all relative to the the opportunity that Sheens has given them. In my opinion Moors should have been given more opportunity, so i believe its unfair to judge.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:56 pm

Geo. wrote:Cause I am 1 also ...... ;)

Cmon Sirro rank the forwards based on this years performances....BYE coming up....it will get boring...
I should have said top 3 prop. But its close between him and Fifita.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 8:34 pm

southerntiger wrote:
barrytiger wrote:

I will but many wont. Many people on this forum think players develop themselves.

I'll give him credit, the junior development program at Wests Tigers that he's developed has been very successful, cubs and apprentice program...while Moors looks to be a good depth recruit at this stage....that said its like praising fitzy for having a good game....its what theyre supposed to do and I guess being in the s*** for so many years recently there has not been a lot to praise about and lets see how we go against teams in the eight

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:12 pm

Thats a fair call. I actually think its time for a new brains trust. However, people should give credit where credits due and show respect to a guy that pulled us out of the quagmire. We stunk before Sheens came and, in my view, if it wasnt for him (or someone with his type of mindset) there may not be a Wests Tigers today.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 11:31 pm

wow geo your list is a bit disturbing flanagan has been leaps ahead of fulton this year and you have him last.... fifita has been our best prop IMO very damaging runner the other guys should learn to use their size like fifita does, imagine if big keefy ran like fifita does.........

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 1:59 am

ron burgandy wrote:wow geo your list is a bit disturbing flanagan has been leaps ahead of fulton this year and you have him last.... fifita has been our best prop IMO very damaging runner the other guys should learn to use their size like fifita does, imagine if big keefy ran like fifita does.........
Sorry to be the one who deflates your ego here a bit Ron but I think you'll find you'll be one of a very few who think Flanagan has had a better year than Fulton. If you look at the player of the year points Fulton is leaps and bounds ahead of Flanagan which means the general consensus has voted that Fulton has played better so far this year than Flanagan.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 4:36 am

I think Fulton has been better than Flanagan, but that in no way is a knock on Mark because he has been tremendous.

For someone who only had 7 super league games to his credit before joining us, he's amazed me how quickly he's taken to 1st grade. At this point in time I can't see how dropping him can be justified. Himself, along with Moors, Dwyer and Fifita have proven themselves as great players we can rely on. Galloway is better than all of them.....but he can no longer be considered reliable.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 7:54 am

851 wrote:
Chris wrote:I know when Fulton and Galloway come back there's going to be disgruntled players and some red hot angry fans. one thing is for sure is that the there is no room for Fitzy now.
Not that there ever was,the back on the bench has to go when KG returns.
i know 851,i'm excited to see a forward sit on the bench for 75min.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 2:20 pm

Tigerdave wrote:very difficult decision ahead

8 Gibbs
9 Farah
10 Galloway
11 Fulton
12 Ellis
13 Heighno

Which leaves
Fifita
Moors
Payten
Dwyer
Flanagan

At this stage, no one deserves to be dropped. Fifita I think is a given, so that's 4 players for 3 bench spots (hoping that the winger/fullback won't be there)...... after that I don't know. I suppose if we were to think of the future, you'd think about dropping Payten, but then how long is Flanagan going to stay in Aus?
All those bloke have been putting in this year. In fact I think that the lowest performing out of them all has been Galloway - He comes back soon and should be fully fired up as those who have been playing in his stead have been exceptional.

Tough decisions ahead. Decided correctly we will have one of the best packs in the NRL come finals time.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 5:03 pm

Chris wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:wow geo your list is a bit disturbing flanagan has been leaps ahead of fulton this year and you have him last.... fifita has been our best prop IMO very damaging runner the other guys should learn to use their size like fifita does, imagine if big keefy ran like fifita does.........
Sorry to be the one who deflates your ego here a bit Ron but I think you'll find you'll be one of a very few who think Flanagan has had a better year than Fulton. If you look at the player of the year points Fulton is leaps and bounds ahead of Flanagan which means the general consensus has voted that Fulton has played better so far this year than Flanagan.

what was egotistical about my post? and chris id hate to "deflate your ego" but people on here have their favorites so sorry if i dont take much credence in a fan poll for POY points, unlike most on here i dont have an agenda and call it how i see it so if you could keep you personal opinons of me aside when addressing my posts please, there was nothing egotistical about my post

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 5:11 pm

Defensively Fulton has been better.

Flanagan has offered more with the ball in hand though.

It is difficult

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 5:25 pm

flanagans totals for the year
tackles - 279
tackles missed - 21
try assists - 2
line breaks - 3
runs - 79
tackle busts - 8
line break assists - 3
errors - 3
penalties conceded - 4
tries - 2
minutes played - 480

Fultons stats

Tackles -241
tackles missed - 21
runs - 64
linebreak assists - 1
line breaks - 2
tackle busts - 6
try assists- 1
minutes played - 456
tries - 3
penalties conceded - 4
errors - 4

seems to me we get more out of flanagans time on the field then fultons but hey chris lets just use who the fans think are producing on the field hey, by these stats it doesnt look like fulton is "leaps and bounds" ahead of flanagan as you put it