Beau Ryan

innsaneink

Re: Beau Ryan

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 1:55 am

His super quick play the ball was the reason Farah scored - good game from Beau

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:17 am

I thought he was pretty good given the conditions and that 40/20 save was great to watch :)

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 8:07 am

noticed a lot in the game, he got into dummy half and ran the ball forward. was willing to have a go, gotta love that spirit.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

rowdy

Post by rowdy » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 8:07 am

My biggest concern with Beau Ryan is the number of time he has dropped the ball in the tackle lately. TBH i think Mitch Brown is getting better each week (i know that isnt hard considering his first couple of efforts). If Mckinnon does come in at fullback I dont really mind whether Ryan or Brown play on the wing - I just hope whoever misses out does not take up a spot on the bench if blokes like Ayshford are back. What great depth we have all over the park.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 8:41 am

The sooner Ryan moves back to the wing, the better. Not that he's performed badly in the role, but I think we have other personnel at the club who could cover the role better i.e. Mckinnon.

It seems unlikely Tuiaki will come back this season, so Ryan has got weeks to prove to Sheens' that he should keep his spot in the team when Tuiaki comes back.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:18 am

yeh i really enjoy watching beau play cos he pops up everywhere and that 40/20 save was amazing. i am worried that he's going to get squeezed out of the team, which i really dont want to happen cos the guy loves the team and hes a good winger. hopefully it all works out :)

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:43 am

I can't wait for Wade McKinnon to take the field and show everyone what the difference is between a very average (at best) fullback and a real fullback. Our attack is going to improve 100% when he finally takes the field.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:55 am

He's certainly not a fullback but only one bad read and he's better than what we've got til Mackinnon gets there. I hope he retains a wing spot though as every team needs that hypo infectious spirit he brings the boys. I dont know how anyone could think he was poor last night, he was solid enough.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 9:00 pm

quintus wrote:I can't wait for Wade McKinnon to take the field and show everyone what the difference is between a very average (at best) fullback and a real fullback. Our attack is going to improve 100% when he finally takes the field.
He hasn't been playing as well as he had a couple of years ago. I can't see how he is an automatic selection.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 10:02 pm

Sean Meaney played three minutes last night. He looks the right size for a first grade winger/fullback. He should come into reckoning really. I can't imagine Daniela/Brown/Ayshford/McKinnon/Ryan would dominate NSW cup as much as he has been. He seemed eager to get his hands on the ball. He was also backing up on the inside when Dwyer made that break. He impressed me as much as one could have realistically hoped for in three minutes.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 10:39 pm

MacDougall wrote: He seemed eager to get his hands on the ball. He was also backing up on the inside when Dwyer made that break. He impressed me as much as one could have realistically hoped for in three minutes.
Yeah that was good, shows he wants to get involved. I wouldn't mind seeing him play FB against the Raiders if Wade isn't right yet.

Super Beau

Post by Super Beau » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 12:14 am

Beau was pretty good last night. He's had some ordinary games at the back but I don't think last night as one of them. His kick returns aren't the best but he works very hard from dummy half, and his scrambling defence has been good (think he's top in the NRL for try saves?).