gazza

Re: First Grade Live game thread!

Post by gazza » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:36 pm

Best team on the night won.
Time to move on to the next game.
cheers

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:37 pm

we need a proper halfback urgently, we need someone to take control of our 5th tackle options without this I cant see us being a major force, on a positive we are making easy ground with our forwards we just need a class half. :sign:

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:38 pm

stryker wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
shiretiger wrote:we didnt deserve that scoreline
no we didn't, shame we had the injuries we did, would have liked to have seen how we would have gone against them at near full strength
Still would have gone down mate..they are simply too good for us.
yeah probably, I think the final score would have been a bit closer though.... we were competitive at least for the most part in that game.

The Dragons defensively are very very good and well coached, we managed to rattle them a little but lacked a bit of polish, and our kicking game needs A LOT of help.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:38 pm

Was really impressed with how we played at 22-10.

Most of their points came off errors - poor kicks, penalty, drop ball.

I thought we carried Benji tonight. Kicking game poor, and defended poorly - particularly against Boyd.

If I had to pick a bird to fix this problem I would pick a Finch!!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:39 pm

Properossi wrote:4 on 1 defence poor communication but Farah think TEAM! You reminded me of one J Hayne just in a Tigers Jersey! We want to play finals football more than bloody Origin! I hope Sheens shows some balls and starts Fulton ahead of you next week! Frustrated, but Robbie put your team ahead of a bloody rep jersey! TEAM TEAM TEAM! Nope no bloody I!Straight out of the Protons/Lotus get a taxi with an unwashed (for 4 days) Cabbie to shuttle our KICKERS out to some local park in Campbelltown tomorrow so some kid (9yrs) living across the street can teach you blokes how to kick the FOOTBALL!

BREAKDOWN OF PAY

40% Play footy
35% Promotion
1% Suffer from WHITELINE FEVER (RF)
24% KICK THE BALL MORE PRACTICE NEEDED
Bit harsh. It was a very bad play by Farah but besides that he was clearly our best. Marshall and Tuqiri are the ones struggling. Marshall was embarrassing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

JRD

Post by JRD » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:39 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:
Muffstar wrote:lets wait for the 'sack the coach' thread to start
Anyone running a book on the time the first one is written?
Just depends when the two certain dopes get online,they know who they are.We lost to the team on top of the ladder lets sack the coach

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:40 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:
Cant blame Sheens for that one folks...Phil Rothfield said it at the start of the week and it seems he has been vindicated.

For us at least we found out now how far off the pace we are - still time to fix things.
For them - that was a clinical display and they are going to be very hard to beat for all teams.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:40 pm

mattc78 wrote:we need a proper halfback urgently, we need someone to take control of our 5th tackle options without this I cant see us being a major force, on a positive we are making easy ground with our forwards we just need a class half. :sign:

We got a halfback coming next week
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:44 pm

and people said dragons were too good for us in 05 blahblahblahblahblahblahblahbalh.... let me know when the dragons win a game that mattesr and their players step up in games that matters like for NSW

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:45 pm

Different teams Golden, totally different teams

n0n1ckname

Post by n0n1ckname » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:46 pm

We really need a 7, put Lui or Moltz in there and wed be a different team tonight

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:47 pm

What was Benji doing when Soward scored that try? he didn't move off the line at all so Soward just runs his way and straight through the gap Benji left that you could of driven 2 mining dump trucks through and makes Soward look like a superstar. Honestly sometimes i think Benji should pay the fans for watching his absolute lazy dumb hopeless performances he comes up with. My nanna can kick better than him and she's in a wheelchair blind and got no arms.
That was disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:48 pm

stryker wrote:Different teams Golden, totally different teams
Ive heard that once every year since the year 2000 *this is a different dragons team this year its there year*

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:48 pm

stryker wrote:
Suzie-Q wrote:
Cant blame Sheens for that one folks...Phil Rothfield said it at the start of the week and it seems he has been vindicated.
So a team's complete and utter incompetence at effecting kicks on the fifth tackle has nothing to do with the coach?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 9:35 am

TIGER wrote:What was Benji doing when Soward scored that try? he didn't move off the line at all so Soward just runs his way and straight through the gap Benji left that you could of driven 2 mining dump trucks through and makes Soward look like a superstar. Honestly sometimes i think Benji should pay the fans for watching his absolute lazy dumb hopeless performances he comes up with. My nanna can kick better than him and she's in a wheelchair blind and got no arms.
That was disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your kidding right....What was Keith, Ellis and Farah doing when Soward jinkined his way to the tryline....

And what about the fullback....where was he....Oh yeah on the bench....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 9:44 am

A dissapointing result, but in no way does this spell trouble for the Tigers. If anything, the boys would of walked away last night with alot of confidence for the next few weeks.

With the addition of a better kicking game and maybe Fafita off the bench, I still believe the boys will touch up Brisbane next week on the edge of the rucks and win comfortably.

After last nights performance, we are contenders!!!
:sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

stryker wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
no we didn't, shame we had the injuries we did, would have liked to have seen how we would have gone against them at near full strength
Thats a very defeatist attitude, especially coming from you
I know footy is different from punching on in public dunnies....but they are not too good for us

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:42 am

stryker wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
Stryker, I dont think that is the case...

While we will never know and the Dragons obviously got the points, I still feel we were in that game. I think last week played its part in the game for us. It was obvious at the 35 minute mark in the first half and at the 25 minute mark in the second that last week really took alot out of us. Heighington was broken by the time Sheens replaced him and we dont see that too many weeks.

The Dragons looked stretched their a few times also, and if we were a little smarter at some stages, plus got a few calls our way, this would be a different result. Take out the silly kicking game by Benji, and this may go down as a defining game for 2010.
:sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017