Not too unhappy

Hbom

Re: Not too unhappy

Post by Hbom » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:41 pm

Dragons did nothing tonight to make me fear them too much. I was very impressed with Boyd, and always felt like they had the discipline and kicking game to get them home. Come September, when the pressure is on, we will see mistakes. Tigers did well to make so many breaks. With decent field position, we would have given them a scare. Go tigers.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:47 pm

Spartan117 wrote:PS Rob lui big chance to be back next week acorsing to coach Sheens audio interview

Here http://www.abc.net.au/sport/rugbyleague/audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid is still 19, remarkable.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:51 pm

lui would of made no difference tonight....we arent that bad off with injuries ....lame excuse really...we were outclassed

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:52 pm

ragedmachine wrote:I'm unhappy. But more so, very dissappointed.

We were dealt with the cards we were dealt with, and yet we decide to 'fold' so to speak.

- Ayshford should have a stint back in NSW cup
- Daniella is not first grade material
- Ryan should stop chasing channel 9 contracts rather spend time actually learning how to JUMP and contest a bomb kick. He is absolutely s*** both in attack and defence in this area. Tuiaki to replace him ASAP.
- and lastly, Benji. You need to spend every second of training learning how to tackle properly, it's embaressing. The spare moments you have you can also learn how to kick conversions consistently too.

It's no excuse blaming inuries and players out of position, quite frankly, our attitude let us down once again.
When Emmett knocked on at the 70th minute mark, that was our opportunity to show what we have got, but instead we simply GAVE UP...threw in the towel like a schoolboys team. It is unacceptable. Those tries at the end were pathetic and should have been stopped, we let the game get to us. We've gone through it time and time again with our mental attitude at the end of games but we still don't measure up. It is very dissapointing.
Nfi

except on Ayshford

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:56 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think we did OK tonite against the comp leaders

They do have the best D going which again was on show, but we cracked them numerous times, just need to finish off. At our strongest and at our best I believe we can beat them, down our left side we were lethal, our right side seemed fragile as the last two trys against proved.

McKinnon looked better, Ayshford is very weak....not too unhappy with our forwards, they went well
Agreed....apart from simple errors and missed tackles that led to points.....thet did well for most of it....

That lst try was a joke but....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

willow

Post by willow » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:18 pm

They do have the best D going which again was on show, but we cracked them numerous times, just need to finish off. At our strongest and at our best I believe we can beat them, down our left side we were lethal, our right side seemed fragile as the last two trys against proved.

McKinnon looked better, Ayshford is very weak....not too unhappy with our forwards, they went well
Agree with those thoughts Ink. i thought the Tigers attack again stuttered more often than not with Marshall not looking entirely happy closer to the ruck, and Ayshford certainly didn't look threatening at 6, but having said that, there were a couple of moments where the Tigers did look slick and definitely troubled the Dragons. I thin had they got the completion rate up over the 80% mark and kicked better then they had a real show at winning that game, mistakes inside their own half and poor kicking made it tough though.

The right edge defence struggled at times too and I noticed Ryan coming in off his wing to help Daniela on occasion. But as you say, there were some positives, McKinnon looked very good, Tuqiri had a better game in attack and Lawrence was very strong. The forwards also went alright but the missed tackles hurt the Tigers in the end.

Plenty of improvement left in the Tigers and they still haven't clicked yet IMO.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:I'm unhappy. But more so, very dissappointed.

We were dealt with the cards we were dealt with, and yet we decide to 'fold' so to speak.

- Ayshford should have a stint back in NSW cup
- Daniella is not first grade material
- Ryan should stop chasing channel 9 contracts rather spend time actually learning how to JUMP and contest a bomb kick. He is absolutely s*** both in attack and defence in this area. Tuiaki to replace him ASAP.
- and lastly, Benji. You need to spend every second of training learning how to tackle properly, it's embaressing. The spare moments you have you can also learn how to kick conversions consistently too.

It's no excuse blaming inuries and players out of position, quite frankly, our attitude let us down once again.
When Emmett knocked on at the 70th minute mark, that was our opportunity to show what we have got, but instead we simply GAVE UP...threw in the towel like a schoolboys team. It is unacceptable. Those tries at the end were pathetic and should have been stopped, we let the game get to us. We've gone through it time and time again with our mental attitude at the end of games but we still don't measure up. It is very dissapointing.
Nfi

except on Ayshford
Yeah that's a pretty clueless statement. Ayshford unfortunately didn't go well at 6, but I'd have him in the centres over Daniela.

redemption

Post by redemption » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:37 pm

Hbom wrote:Dragons did nothing tonight to make me fear them too much. I was very impressed with Boyd, and always felt like they had the discipline and kicking game to get them home. Come September, when the pressure is on, we will see mistakes. Tigers did well to make so many breaks. With decent field position, we would have given them a scare. Go tigers.
well said

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:55 pm

i walked out when payten went into touch with 4 mins to go thinking, we had a dig tonight, we were missing a halfback, we had no kicking game, and if we get a few 50/50 calls we were right in this game.

the last 4 mins did us no favours, but if that is the benchmark, we are not too far away.

a loss in july means nothing, as long as we bounce back next week.

we CAN take it up a level.....the dragons only have 1 level, and altho it is very high, other teams will go past them in september

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:01 am

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed that we lost (Especially the tries in the last minutes of the game) but for what we had, we went alright.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:30 am

djm619 wrote:

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed that we lost (Especially the tries in the last minutes of the game) but for what we had, we went alright.
Yeah me too mate.
We'll take a bit out of this game

izotope

Post by izotope » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:36 am

i think if we had lui there it wouldve been a 4 point ball game either way.. it was a spiral effect

Marshall -> halfback -> huge amount of errors

im all for replacing ayshford. i dont rate him at all
tigers!

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 1:54 am

i'm just really disappointed in benji.
big game and he comes up with that.

to me the difference was that soward took control while benji once again put us under pressure again and again.
i've never seen a marque player in any sport be so up and down like benji.
most frustrating player to watch.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 3:38 am

benji chokes as the 1st receiver, I don't know why he was there it's never really worked out. Too big a risk to take, especially against the comp leaders.

I expect things to turn around next game, as long as Lui is back, well, as long as Benji is 2 wide of the ruck.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 6:23 am

Tigerdale wrote:i walked out when payten went into touch with 4 mins to go thinking, we had a dig tonight, we were missing a halfback, we had no kicking game, and if we get a few 50/50 calls we were right in this game.

the last 4 mins did us no favours, but if that is the benchmark, we are not too far away.

a loss in july means nothing, as long as we bounce back next week.

we CAN take it up a level.....the dragons only have 1 level, and altho it is very high, other teams will go past them in september

Spot on.....thats exactly how I saw it.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 6:25 am

bonstonker wrote:i'm just really disappointed in benji.
big game and he comes up with that.

to me the difference was that soward took control while benji once again put us under pressure again and again.
i've never seen a marque player in any sport be so up and down like benji.
most frustrating player to watch.

Yeah.....I am extremely dissapointed with Bunji atm.

We need him to fire in theses big games and he just isnt.

You could see from the start that Farah was 'on',but Bunji just isnt firing atm,I was waiting for something but it just didnt happen.....and he was outplayed by Soward.....ouch!!!

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 7:10 am

Not too unhappy...?
First time we come up against a decent finals contender since we got flogged by easts & lapped by Souths,we get beaten by 24 pts?
The fact that the very same problems contributing to these significant losses never get addressed makes me unhappy,because it means Im gonna have most of september free.
Some forum goers have fairly low expectations of a line-up which truly does have the potential to go all the way

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 7:53 am

i was disappointed.in the final score ... but we did have excuses... the raiders game was a very tough encounter,if you were in the rooms after the game youd realise how many sore boys we had ......saints do it every year .. they bolt out in front , then choke when it matters ...why do you think the origin team struggles ,,, its chock full of dragons who cannot get to the next level ............every man and his dog knows benji should never be near the number 7 jersey....at least we hung in for a fair portion of the match