Not too unhappy

ragedmachine

Re: Not too unhappy

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 8:14 am

willow wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:I'm unhappy. But more so, very dissappointed.

We were dealt with the cards we were dealt with, and yet we decide to 'fold' so to speak.

- Ayshford should have a stint back in NSW cup
- Daniella is not first grade material
- Ryan should stop chasing channel 9 contracts rather spend time actually learning how to JUMP and contest a bomb kick. He is absolutely s*** both in attack and defence in this area. Tuiaki to replace him ASAP.
- and lastly, Benji. You need to spend every second of training learning how to tackle properly, it's embaressing. The spare moments you have you can also learn how to kick conversions consistently too.

It's no excuse blaming inuries and players out of position, quite frankly, our attitude let us down once again.
When Emmett knocked on at the 70th minute mark, that was our opportunity to show what we have got, but instead we simply GAVE UP...threw in the towel like a schoolboys team. It is unacceptable. Those tries at the end were pathetic and should have been stopped, we let the game get to us. We've gone through it time and time again with our mental attitude at the end of games but we still don't measure up. It is very dissapointing.
Nfi

except on Ayshford
Yeah that's a pretty clueless statement. Ayshford unfortunately didn't go well at 6, but I'd have him in the centres over Daniela.
He was actually agreeing with me on Ayshford Willow.

And Ink, no idea? mate, Benji and Daniella were both turnstyle in defence and Daniella offered nothing (you can dream all you like about the 3 try effort a few weeks back but he does not cut it. Too small for a centre and offers very little in attack. If you can't see what I mean about Ryan then his comedy sketches are fooling you about his footy too.

Attitude let us down once again - the last 10 minutes were immature and embaressing, the scoreline reflected that.

Our forwards worked their asses off but the usual lapse in attitude was seen again.

Don't get me wrong, the first hour was positive but we did ourselves no favours to ruin all that in the end.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 8:19 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:Yep, all things taken into account, not a game to get too upset about. Can't really see why anybody would be anything other than a little annoyed about this result.

Great effort for 75 minutes. We'll be better for it.
I agree. last week wests-tigers put on two quick tries against raiders, to put the game way beond any chance, I hate it when it happens to us.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 8:37 am

i thought the first 65 mins were really quite good and showed we can muscle up and break the line against the best team in the competition. but the last 15 were a bit embarrassing, dont know if anyone said this bus galloway was slow off the ball and generally sluggish when the ball wasnt in his hand getting back etc. benji did not what he was doing receiving the ball so early especially in the first half; he got more comfortable in the second. ayshford was not terrrible at 5/8 but it didnt suit him at all, and overall like everyone is saying there were huge defensive errors.

i thought robbie and heighno did more than enough to help their origin chances but i don't want them to because the broncos match is 1 of 2 games i can attend this year and we will get flogged without robbie.

can someone confirm that for me if robbie gets picked this mon hes in nsw camp and won't play against broncos?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:49 am

BrissieTiger67 wrote:i thought the first 65 mins were really quite good and showed we can muscle up and break the line against the best team in the competition. but the last 15 were a bit embarrassing, dont know if anyone said this bus galloway was slow off the ball and generally sluggish when the ball wasnt in his hand getting back etc. benji did not what he was doing receiving the ball so early especially in the first half; he got more comfortable in the second. ayshford was not terrrible at 5/8 but it didnt suit him at all, and overall like everyone is saying there were huge defensive errors.

i thought robbie and heighno did more than enough to help their origin chances but i don't want them to because the broncos match is 1 of 2 games i can attend this year and we will get flogged without robbie.

can someone confirm that for me if robbie gets picked this mon hes in nsw camp and won't play against broncos?
Yes, if Robbie, or any Tiger player is selected in SOO they will sit out the Broncos match.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:59 am

How is the coach going to cope with Robbie being out ...a major reshuffle is on the cards.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:06 am

Snake wrote:How is the coach going to cope with Robbie being out ...a major reshuffle is on the cards.
Fulton is due back according to the official site so he's an option.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:22 am

I am not unhappy at all after last night, I mean obviously I would have been happier if we won but without a halfback which messed with the games of Marshall because he doesent suit being first reciever like that and also with robbie not being able to be in at dummy half as much ruining our momentum a lot we were really good - McKinnon showed he is only going to get better and better, Lote was strong, Lawrence was brilliant, Ryan solid except that jump for the bomb and the issue was more the others not trusting him and taking their man. We were right in it for 70 minutes and if we score in those 5 sets on their line then its a different game. Plus having a half back means our kicking game would be so much better and that was the big difference. As for the Dragons I dont think they can play any better .

Listening to the Wayne Bennett interview he knows that the Tigers are a big danger and was very happy to get away with the win

Also if Weyman had been sent off like he should have been would have made a difference that was way worse then the Luke O'Donnell tackle in Origin just because McKinnon got up should make no difference

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:18 pm

ragedmachine wrote:I'm unhappy. But more so, very dissappointed.

We were dealt with the cards we were dealt with, and yet we decide to 'fold' so to speak.

- Ayshford should have a stint back in NSW cup
- Daniella is not first grade material
- Ryan should stop chasing channel 9 contracts rather spend time actually learning how to JUMP and contest a bomb kick. He is absolutely s*** both in attack and defence in this area. Tuiaki to replace him ASAP.
- and lastly, Benji. You need to spend every second of training learning how to tackle properly, it's embaressing. The spare moments you have you can also learn how to kick conversions consistently too.

It's no excuse blaming inuries and players out of position, quite frankly, our attitude let us down once again.
When Emmett knocked on at the 70th minute mark, that was our opportunity to show what we have got, but instead we simply GAVE UP...threw in the towel like a schoolboys team. It is unacceptable. Those tries at the end were pathetic and should have been stopped, we let the game get to us. We've gone through it time and time again with our mental attitude at the end of games but we still don't measure up. It is very dissapointing.
Fair measured critisim is one thing but this is another, Beau Ryan did not miss one kick bombed to him last week or this. He scores 2 tries one week and ok not this week but other than that didn't put a foot wrong. Saying he is s*** in attack and defense is just plain wrong, you are entitled to your opinion but when it's this ignorant keep your thoughts to yourself.

We lose to the best team in the comp without a half and despite switching off at the end held them pretty evenly put up a fair point. Yes the team will be disappointed and so am i but this is good. We come out next week and get back on track and SUPPORT the team, not just bag them for 1 loss after winning 4 in a row, mate go and work for te Daily Telegraph they will make you editor.

:sign:

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm

I was dissapointed. Dragons were clinical, and if we are being honest were always in control of the game. Inexcusable to let in those last 2 tries, for and against is crucial at the end of the season and we of all teams should know that having missed out on the finals before because of it.

Dissapointed with a few of our established players. Galloway was woeful, dominated up front and no chance of a rep call up anytime soon. Marshall played a shocker, for a guy who now has 100+ games under his belt I don't think he should be making as many elementary errors.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:42 pm

Farah is not getting picked for Origin, so we won't have to worry about that.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 1:50 pm

The thing is I and i think everyone else here have seen us play better.
We all know we can.
I dont think Saints can, I havent seen them play better, do they know they can?
Dont think so...come Sept same ol same ol[/quote]
Yeah i agree.The saints where well prepared and played their best game of the season.
We did some silly things when it was 22 10 that could have changed the game if we scored.
We played well for 70 mins & i think the boys can get some confidence out of the game even though we lost

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 2:19 pm

ragedmachine wrote:- Ryan should stop chasing channel 9 contracts rather spend time actually learning how to JUMP and contest a bomb kick. He is absolutely s*** both in attack and defence in this area. Tuiaki to replace him ASAP.
Short memory must have a.... must've missed him successfully defend the kick several times last week against Joel Monaghan, a noted leaper. And his success rate under the high ball, under pressure, is actually quite high.

Beau had the right idea re: Morris, if the 4 other tigers around him were a little more alert and showed a little faith in Beau, a try could've been saved.