Got out of jail there...

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Re: Got out of jail there...

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:39 pm

The amount offloads they got i think killed our forwards. Forced an extra 4 - 6 tackles every set almost I'd imagine, I'd like to see the stats. The forwards did get dominated but I think it was because they got tired.... I hope to good Faffita comes back next week and we use 4 forwards on the bench!

Payten at one point was the only bloke making meters while Heighno was nothing short of inspirational!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:54 pm

Righto, there's your card Tigers, you've used it...now lets play a brand of footy that gives your fans a less chance of high stress and heart failure.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:11 pm

if the dragons play like they did today verse us we will beat them by 14

they were lucky they played the sharks today

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:27 pm

shiretiger wrote:
Golden wrote:
shiretiger wrote:If we play like that on Friday night we will be beaten by 30.
since when could the dragons score 30 points???

play like that it wil be somthing like 17-4

the dragons have the same boring gameplan every week 5 tackles kick... dont drop the ball wait for error.. when their 6 in front lets kick a Field Goal
ahh, lets see in 2010:

Round 3 - 33-8 v Cowboys
Round 5 - 34-16 v Broncos
Round 8 - 38 - 0 v Sharks
Round 12 - 30 - 0 v Eels

They seem to be doing it every 3 weeks or so, so they are due on Friday.
I see it as they are due in 2 weeks ;)

Rd 3 - 5 = 2 week gap
Rd 5 - 8 = 3 week gap
Rd 8 - 12 = 4 week gap

So based on that, their next 30 pt+ performance will be in rd 17, 5 weeks after rd 12 ;)

In all seriousness I think its going to be a similar scoreline to today, its just a question of whether our defence turns up and if we take our chances.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:28 pm

the answer is simple get off to a great start against the dragons and we win.. they dont know how to play from behind they have no plan B at all they only have 1 game plan for every game

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:35 pm

The Tigers got bent back by the Raiders forwards, but that was always going to happen given the size of their pack and the fact the ref kept an open 10 metres. The Tigers made hard work of it, but their scramble was excellent, but they conceded bugger all linebreaks and if they can improve their completion rate (which was poor today), then they'll give the Dragons a fright I reckon. They were not that impressive in beating the Sharks and they don't boast the same size in the forwards that the Raiders do.

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:37 pm

Great game.

On the downside, the whole team looked exhausted in the second half - it will be hard backing up on Friday.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:40 pm

shiretiger wrote:If we play like that on Friday night we will be beaten by 30.
I agree and i agree with the OP//.
Our forwards were beaten, gotten on top of...we resorted to going side to side when we realized we couldnt do it going forward.
That said an ugly win is better than a pretty loss....a wins a win.

The game looked better on TV than there at the ground....touch footy wont get us far in the semis

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 9:25 pm

willow wrote:The Tigers got bent back by the Raiders forwards, but that was always going to happen given the size of their pack and the fact the ref kept an open 10 metres. The Tigers made hard work of it, but their scramble was excellent, but they conceded bugger all linebreaks and if they can improve their completion rate (which was poor today), then they'll give the Dragons a fright I reckon. They were not that impressive in beating the Sharks and they don't boast the same size in the forwards that the Raiders do.
Maxwell and Klien's 10 and the ruck was disgraceful....

We caught the markers out on a least a Dozen occassions for 1 penalty......

The Radiers defensive line consistantly had 2 and 3 players in front of Horse Head right next to him....I could hear him say GO all day...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:41 pm

I honestly thought the raiders played quite well and like some of you said the tigers got dominated in the forwards. Their forwards were very good and some of their backs like Crocker and Thompson were pretty good too. They're a good young team imo. I dont think theres too much to worry about at this stage. At the end of the day nice to see the tiges matching it- Enjoyed my Sunday @ Leichhardt.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:04 pm

Golden wrote:the answer is simple get off to a great start against the dragons and we win.. they dont know how to play from behind they have no plan B at all they only have 1 game plan for every game
BINGO, when behind the dragons really struggle to make up the points. If we were able to go 2-3 tries up at any stage I think it would be good enough.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 8:40 am

The offload was the killer.

I also didn't think Ellis or Galloway were dominated at all. Keith will be better for the run as well

graham46

Post by graham46 » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 9:07 am

WHAT A DISGRACE...................
while watching the game I was wondering.....is this the same team that beat the warriers by 50 points

This was schoolboy stuff, Tim should shout the boys a lotto ticket each because they must be the luckiest team from the round. There was no skill yesterday and the team looked very dis interested in wanting to win. on that form they need to start the game against the dragons on Thursday night and hopefully build a good lead before the dragond take the field on Friday. And as for Tim sheens with the comment about NO tigers in the state of Origin team......... Come on tim, on that form not one of them would deserve to be in it..................................

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 9:46 am

graham46 wrote:WHAT A DISGRACE...................
while watching the game I was wondering.....is this the same team that beat the warriers by 50 points

This was schoolboy stuff, Tim should shout the boys a lotto ticket each because they must be the luckiest team from the round. There was no skill yesterday and the team looked very dis interested in wanting to win. on that form they need to start the game against the dragons on Thursday night and hopefully build a good lead before the dragond take the field on Friday. And as for Tim sheens with the comment about NO tigers in the state of Origin team......... Come on tim, on that form not one of them would deserve to be in it..................................
Great first post.. not sure what game u are watching..
Not one player hey?

Heighno was a stand out...
:roll: :roll:

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:41 am

innsaneink wrote:The game looked better on TV than there at the ground....touch footy wont get us far in the semis
I havent seen th egame on TV yet, was at the game, but based on the "two sides" posting here I think its a given.

IMO from watching live, we were lucky. Too many miracle plays by us forced by the fact we couldnt get through them and their forwards were smashing us. Ellis, Galloway, Gibbs fought hard but there were MANY sets in our own half where NO forwards were putting hteir hand up to smash it up, or on a few occassions there were not even any forwards there.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm

I needed a good laugh after that game and I got one this morning when I read Dane Tilse got awarded one Dally M point for his performance yesterday

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:29 pm

Golden wrote:the answer is simple get off to a great start against the dragons and we win.. they dont know how to play from behind they have no plan B at all they only have 1 game plan for every game
Exactly, some early points will be crucial.
graham46 wrote:WHAT A DISGRACE...................
Your a moron.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:32 pm

smeghead wrote:I needed a good laugh after that game and I got one this morning when I read Dane Tilse got awarded one Dally M point for his performance yesterday
Tom Leyroyd Lars was outstanding for them, as was Shillington