Crowd & Leichhardt Oval

Tiger_heart
Member
Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 1:28 pm

Crowd & Leichhardt Oval

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:10 pm

Don't know how many of you noticed but there were certainly some "heated" discussions between patrons and security, particularly when people that had been standing just behind the sitting bays were asked to move to allow the passage flow...As good a ground as it is, I am afraid with a big crowd, the old ground struggles..I was actuallky a little concernd about some of the younger kids at the ground as well, not just because we were packed like sardines but also because the language used by some was ordinary, to say the least...


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:20 pm

I heard countless f bombs through the television cast.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3712
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:25 pm

most of them by Marshall
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
Jazza
Member
Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:38 am
Location: Glen Alpine

Post by Jazza » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:33 pm

MacDougall wrote:I heard countless f bombs through the television cast.
What about the bs bomb by Fittler?

How did this guy get on ch 9? He makes me cringe!
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Tiger_heart
Member
Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:35 pm

It's becominga bit of a boys club..


Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:39 pm

Loved every squeeze as I went for a beer. Love the place and the atmosphere, cannot beat it.

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:59 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Don't know how many of you noticed but there were certainly some "heated" discussions between patrons and security, particularly when people that had been standing just behind the sitting bays were asked to move to allow the passage flow...As good a ground as it is, I am afraid with a big crowd, the old ground struggles..I was actuallky a little concernd about some of the younger kids at the ground as well, not just because we were packed like sardines but also because the language used by some was ordinary, to say the least...
we sat behind the goalposts southern end ....problem is people walk in right on kickoff and expect to get a seat ....the old girl was at her best this arvo .... the atmophere was good ... our ability to finish was the only problem i had ....but in the end we won so im happy .....

jezz
Member
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:46 am

Post by jezz » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:11 pm

Yep, my wife, 4yr old son and myself were on the Mary st 40mtr line and had a bloke decide to stand directly in front of us on the walkway. Proceeded to tell us to f off. Not to mention all the swearing from the crowd but what reall pissed me off was the turkey (unfortunately a tigers supporter) who decided to use my cars boot lid as a garbage bin.

Well "mate", if your a member here, your an utter tool. Get a life and be considerate of others. Bloody mongrel.

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:20 pm

this woman sitting next to us in bay 4 of the grandstand ... SHUT THE F UP.

one of those people who commentate the WHOLE GAME. couldn't keep any of her own thoughts to herself and was constantly talking to no one.

User avatar
citizen cub
Member
Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by citizen cub » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:20 pm

I was sitting on the hill.

Great atmosphere, but [automatically edited] its comfortable. No leg room, sun directly in your face and beer cans everywhere.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

angry ant
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by angry ant » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:22 pm

Loved the atmosphere, but jeepers creepers sat in front of the biggest tool of a Tigers supporter you have ever heard. Did nothing all game but scream, whinge, berate almost every tigers player (esp Robert Lui) oh my god. Other Tigers supporters were chirping back at him (well done!!)

Did anyone else have the privilige of sitting on the hill side on the 40 metre line on the wooden seats on the northern side?

Worse thing was he has a boy and the boy was just copying his father screaming and badmouthing his own team all game. Yes they are paying supporters and I myself do not like Tim Sheens but I dont spend the entire game screaming it out at the top of my lungs and then after berating the guys all game, then have the hide to cheer when your team wins!! LOSER!!

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:35 pm

angry ant wrote:Loved the atmosphere, but jeepers creepers sat in front of the biggest tool of a Tigers supporter you have ever heard. Did nothing all game but scream, whinge, berate almost every tigers player (esp Robert Lui) oh my god. Other Tigers supporters were chirping back at him (well done!!)

Did anyone else have the privilige of sitting on the hill side on the 40 metre line on the wooden seats on the northern side?

Worse thing was he has a boy and the boy was just copying his father screaming and badmouthing his own team all game. Yes they are paying supporters and I myself do not like Tim Sheens but I dont spend the entire game screaming it out at the top of my lungs and then after berating the guys all game, then have the hide to cheer when your team wins!! LOSER!!
Sounds like manonthehill. He always whinges like a little girl. He has a kid too so it probably was him. :lol:

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:43 pm

Did he have tats?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27110
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:46 pm

Its a bugger getting there right on kick off when its chokkas, usually arrive earlier -did 3/4's of a lap before chuckin a ueey and settling on standing near the sign behind the posts, hard when youve a youngster you need to find a spot to see from too.
Luckily some good friends got us stand seats for the 2nd spell

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Kul » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:53 pm

see, this is where simply supply and demand should start to be used

If the capacity is approx 19,000 then the club should start to slowly raise the price of tickets. It keeps the tools away, probably improves the atmosphere and the club makes more money.
although we are a long way off getting 19,000 to each and every game...
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27284
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 9:00 pm

Was very quite for the majority of the game....

Except the usual peanuts in Bay 4....you know who you are...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

angry ant
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by angry ant » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 9:04 pm

Glennb wrote:Did he have tats?
um not sure, he had a shaved head and what looked like some kind of army shirt underneath his Tigers jersey. Ill be certainly sitting elsewhere for the next game lol

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 9:08 pm

Geo. wrote:Was very quite for the majority of the game....

Except the usual peanuts in Bay 4....you know who you are...
Bay 4 in the grandstand? I'm there :?

Post Reply