I have a question

thylacine

Re: I have a question

Post by thylacine » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 5:58 pm

I felt like I normally do after a loss last night. I can handle the guys having an off day but they just played without any enthusiasm. The Broncos out enthused them in every department. Our forwards went AWOL getting out of our red zone most of the night.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 6:16 pm

djm619 wrote:now his confidence is probably shattered.
What makes you say this?
Lazarus has gone back to State Cup and STILL consistently torn oppositions to shreds since his 1st grade stint. Not the sign of shattered confidence, but a sign of kid with determination to play at the top level.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 7:21 pm

Everyone talking about our defence winning us that game but what did Brisbane throw at us?
The 2 times they ran straight and threatened our line 1st Teo scores 2nd Teo was over but drops the ball.

izotope

Post by izotope » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:02 pm

wtf is with this forum, we would of never won that game before
the coachings staff effort this year in moving us away from the "attacking" flair of football and more into a team that can grind out a win..

we got in the grind tonight, when we were down @ 70 minutes we didn't panic and we ended up with the result.

Sure we weren't flashy, and maybe not as enthusiastic as we could of been.I for one our proud for them keeping there composure and winning the game.
tigers!

thylacine

Post by thylacine » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 11:06 pm

We shouldn't have got into a situation where we had to "grind" out a win. If we'd hung on to the ball and played with a bit of enthusiasm we would have run away with it. Brisbane were ripe for the picking in the first half but as the game wore on their confidence grew. It should never have got so desperate that it took until the 75th minute for us to hit the lead.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 6:21 pm

When you're listening to Sheens and Royce a fair bit, after a while you're bound to fall asleep and be a bit lethargic ;)

In all honesty I felt a bit the same before the game started. There are some weeks where I have been looking forward to the game for a long time, then there are other weeks where the game seems to creep up on me and I think 'Oh the game's on tonight!'.

I think it was knowing the opposition were weakened, the players just thought things would happen for them. Or they didnt really want to be there because they were expected to win, I know when we're expected to win, a victory still feels good, but not as good when we're playing a top side, or a full strength side.

I think it was a culmination of those things plus we had no halfback, the Broncos played really well, their young backs have a lot of speed, Wallace and Norman's kicking game was superb and besides Sam Thaiday, they had a full strength forward pack which controlled ours. It also doesnt help when you're completion rate is very poor and you're doing a lot of defence, particularly in heavy conditions.

So even though we were favourites there were some excuses that the guys could of had in their mind if they lost.

I think Sheens saying we played well in the Press Conference summed it up.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

alien

Post by alien » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 6:41 pm

king sirro wrote:Who's job is it to make sure a football side plays with enthusiasm, intensity and commitment week in week out?
A first grade player shouldn't need anyone to fire them up for a match. If any of them do then there is a problem. Maybe we should get Tommy face slapping some of them before the match. :lol: