The hooking of Fifita.

red dogg
Member
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: northern beaches

Re: The hooking of Fifita.

Post by red dogg » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:56 pm

in all fairness it showed where he is...... fifita has mistakes in his games... as did galloway did back in 06 and 07, in close games you need the blokes on you trust....
in 2 yrs time fifita will be our best prop, untill then we have to be patient with his development


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:07 pm

tiger jim wrote:Can someone please show these forwards how to offload instead of just ambleing up takeing the tackel and falling down one out bash and barge went a long time ago
Thats a halfbacks job...we dont have one

gazatee
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by gazatee » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:14 pm

I thought Fifita was strong.. was not th worst in a diabolical performance. Agree, i dont think he was hooked, keith was due back anyway.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32711
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:18 pm

No big deal really, Fifita went ok in a forward pack which struggled and he'll be there next week ready to rock again.

Torbizlo
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Torbizlo » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:50 pm

Fifita went on after 15mins coz we had defended our back-sides off. he came on and defended from the get-go and still managed good meters. he should be the first one picked on our bench every week. when he comes on after the tigers have had a good start and an even share of posession, he destroys teams with that big "don't argue" fend. great player. great future.


User avatar
Cat&Fiddle
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:26 am

Yeah its so easy to be a super coach from cyberspace.
Next time you'all want to bag the coach, captain or team how bout you annex your CV to enhance your credibility.
Please - don't be one of those obese losers waving a flag that make me cringe.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:29 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:Yeah its so easy to be a super coach from cyberspace.
Next time you'all want to bag the coach, captain or team how bout you annex your CV to enhance your credibility.
Please - don't be one of those obese losers waving a flag that make me cringe.

Its also easy to take a broad swipe generally at a group, rather than directly oppose or discuss a POV.
You still going on abouit this "Ive played/coached so I know more than you" type crap?
Its tiresome and been done a thousand times before you

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:44 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:Yeah its so easy to be a super coach from cyberspace.
Next time you'all want to bag the coach, captain or team how bout you annex your CV to enhance your credibility.
Please - don't be one of those obese losers waving a flag that make me cringe.
Your point of view is every bit as cringeworthy son

User avatar
Cat&Fiddle
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:49 am

No, no, no, no, no,
my point is that reasonable minds can disagree.
if you, me, ricky stuart, bellamy, wayne bennett, jack gibson or tommy raudonikis was in sheens seat we might not have done what he did. maybe we wouls have. my objection is to the peanut gallery criticisms of sheens - the only guy who is fully apprised of all the facts. :cry: ;)

User avatar
Cat&Fiddle
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:59 am

There's nothing tiresome or crappy about drawing a line between criticism that is ignorant and that which is informed. IMO if you haven't played rugby league at a competitive level your views are of limited value.

You can pull your $120 NRL jersey over your fat gut whilst typing out your learned critique of the coaches 1-17 but to me your diatribe sounds like a sparrows fart. :lol:

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:06 am

You can not blame people for getting upset because their team who so sensationally won the 05 title has been bloody hopeless ever since.

If Sheens plan A falls apart, the team just falls to bits out on the field. Sometimes we win those games, but that is because we have two freakish talents in the side who come up with game winning plays out of nothing. Farah came up with two of them tonight and they were both off the top of his head - nothing to do with Sheens.

Sheens' inability to provide us with a halfback since Prince left is an embarrassment. He had plenty of warning - not like Scott pulled a SBW....

Injuries have been very unkind to us but it is the adaptation to a situation - the rolling with the punches that Tim can not do. He simply panicks and shuffles players around weakening positions all over the field.

We are still making all the same mistakes we were in 06...nothing has changed.

We were lucky tonight and with the current form we are showing we cant win the title, not at the moment anyway.....

User avatar
Cat&Fiddle
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:35 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:22 am

The Tigers won tonight because the opposing team was prevented from scoring more tries (and penalty goals) than the Tigers scored against them. Yes, the Tigers didn't score 38 points as i predicted - but as I predicted Chris Lawrence was the first try scorer, thank you NSW TAB!
Well done coach and team!

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 2:55 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:The Tigers won tonight because the opposing team was prevented from scoring more tries (and penalty goals) than the Tigers scored against them. Yes, the Tigers didn't score 38 points as i predicted - but as I predicted Chris Lawrence was the first try scorer, thank you NSW TAB!
Well done coach and team!
It's called a forum for a reason, if you don't want to discuss the thread title then don't post.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:04 am

There really is a rose coloured glasses view of Fifita on these forums.

He had some good moments but realitsically he was guilty of running across field as much as anybody else out there in the orward (Except Heighno as always). He just does it fending 3 or four players off. It looks impressive but he still makes only 3 or 4 forward metres from those hitups.

His fitness is an issue like Galloways is atm with lazy marker defence. They killed us at marker last night and he and Keith were part of the reason
Image

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:08 am

Fifita's lack of concentration and respect for possession during that play the ball was poor.

But, IF he was hooked because of that, then its a disgrace. He was hitting the line hard. He outplayed Gibbs and Galloway tonight by miles.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:40 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:There's nothing tiresome or crappy about drawing a line between criticism that is ignorant and that which is informed. IMO if you haven't played rugby league at a competitive level your views are of limited value.

You can pull your $120 NRL jersey over your fat gut whilst typing out your learned critique of the coaches 1-17 but to me your diatribe sounds like a sparrows fart. :lol:
Mate....your constant references to your so called expertise is getting bloody tiresome.

What really did happen on that 78 Kangaroo tour?

Why dont you regale us with some of your vast knowledge, instead of taking swipes at those that bother to comment on tha game.

spaceman
Member
Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Picnic Point

Post by spaceman » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:44 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:The Tigers won tonight because the opposing team was prevented from scoring more tries (and penalty goals) than the Tigers scored against them. Yes, the Tigers didn't score 38 points as i predicted - but as I predicted Chris Lawrence was the first try scorer, thank you NSW TAB!
Well done coach and team!
Just letting you know fiddler there is a forum called league unlimited.....its for gooses..I recomend you join it

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17532
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:56 am

It was coincidence. Big Keithy was ready to come back on, and Sheens just overreacted.

Fifita had a few strong runs, and he dropped the ball as well. But if that is the criteria for hooking someone, we'd have had no one left on the field.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply