Pretenders

•  Recent Topics
innsaneink

Re: Pretenders

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 9:13 pm

Good to see you back das....

You watching tonites game geo?
End to end excitement....will surely go down in rugby league folklore as one of THE great games

Bashir

Post by Bashir » Sun 04 Jul, 2010 10:52 pm

There are only 4 outcomes to any game besides draws:

Play well and win
Play well and lose
Play bad and win
Play bad and lose

We played bad, yet we won. Take the 2 points, put it in the bag and move on. If you can play poorly and still win, well there isn't a whole heaps to go nuts over.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 04 Jul, 2010 11:41 pm

Cat&Fiddle wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Cat&Fiddle wrote:
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
I think the keyboard warriors that bag the team have only only played rugby league on their Wii. ;)
LOL....dont need to have played to comment - to voice an opinion, that really is an ignorant & dumb comment.
I take it you vote. I do. Do we need experience in politics to do so?
But yes, I have played a little
:deadhorse:
Ah ha - as I thought.
A little experience equals a lot of opinion all at the expense of the coach and team. It's amazing how a "little experience' at let me guess, primary school rugby leauge knock-out comps where you played reserve and never ran on, founds one's ability to bag NRL coaches and players.
Yeah, don't let your ability or experience get in the way of your mouth.
[/quote][/quote]

Terry Lamb, is that you?

Your childish "I know more about League than you do" posturing aside, I will say that I am happy we still came out with a win. We were missing Moltzen, Lui, Tuiaki, Ryan & Flanagan. Given they were missing Locky, Thaiday and Folau the majority of our players make up a large part of our attacking contingent. Someone mentioned previously that despite our dropped ball and all the possession going their way, they could only score twice. They say defence wins you games, and that was proven tonight.

Another plus is that Farah appears to be hitting his straps again, but we should be wary that we fall back into the same old routine that Robbie should be expected to hand us the game every week. It's great to see him taking control again, and he looking dangerous.

Does our position on the ladder flatter us? It may well do, but I think its more reflective of the competition. Again, as many have said before, we would have been flogged in previous years.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 10:09 am

After following the Mighty Maggies year after year, loss after loss, I am thankful for two points. Be it by 60 - nil, or 7-6, I am very thankful that I now get to watch a team win some games.

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 8:11 pm

Snake wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Our position just shows how mediocre the standard of this competition is. It's embarrassing.
How true is that statement ...My wife and I spoke of the same thing after the game this season is very mediocre to say the least ..once the Storm were gone that was it the bar is set very low ...I mean the way we are playing and were 3rd ????

Just can't please some people. This time last year we were losing those sort of games and this forum was going ballistic.

If we did not deserve to win, then why were the broncos only 2 points ahead of us at the 78th minute, if they played so well, wow they should have been ahead by 20.

Granted that we played poorly, but we won. remember how you felt after the loss to parramatta last year that effectively ended our season, we played amazing but still lost, but yeah we were really happy that they played well and that made up for it,we felt elated didn't we....... NOT

The best is yet to come :wahoo:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 8:54 pm

Tigermac wrote:
Snake wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Our position just shows how mediocre the standard of this competition is. It's embarrassing.
How true is that statement ...My wife and I spoke of the same thing after the game this season is very mediocre to say the least ..once the Storm were gone that was it the bar is set very low ...I mean the way we are playing and were 3rd ????

Just can't please some people. This time last year we were losing those sort of games and this forum was going ballistic.

If we did not deserve to win, then why were the broncos only 2 points ahead of us at the 78th minute, if they played so well, wow they should have been ahead by 20.

Granted that we played poorly, but we won. remember how you felt after the loss to parramatta last year that effectively ended our season, we played amazing but still lost, but yeah we were really happy that they played well and that made up for it,we felt elated didn't we....... NOT

The best is yet to come :wahoo:
The thing is mac....we all know they can do so much more better, you know it, I know it...
You wanna win playing poor?
Or you wanna win playing good?
Thats the point so get off your damned high horse because some people want whats BEST!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey,I just wanna win.

I am not on my high horse, man they did play badly, but sorry, I hate the broncos with a passion, so beating them at suncorp in the last minute in front of their stupid screaming fans really made my week.

Go the Tigers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 06 Jul, 2010 10:36 am

No worries mate.
Apologies
I too just want em to win, to do that playing well I dont think is too much to ask
But yes will take ugly ones too