Pretenders

underdog

Re: Pretenders

Post by underdog » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:
shiretiger wrote:yes, we played ordinary [and that is being kind] but we pulled the 2 points out the fire.

They had all the ball, all the field position and all the calls from the men from opsm.

So you would rather we lost then tonight?
When one team keeps dropping the ball...it means the other team has the ball

Oh yes....the refs...that only goes one way huh?

Id rather we EARN a win....not get lucky
The Broncos deserved it...we didnt

You people can look at every goddamn thing bar tonite and make excuses, it doesnt change tonite tho...thats an ostrich mentality, stick ur head in the sand and pretend alls well
Tonite tells me weve really gone nowhere at all in five bloody years
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Well Ink, go and support the Bulldogs or something.

Ill take a win. Ponder this thought though - if we play badly in the Grand final and grind out an undeserved win, will you be complaining?

Could you see Farah rounding up the boys after a long season and saying "Yeah sorry guys, We won the game, but HEY! lests give the trophy to the other team, since we played so badly. Better luck next year chaps!"

I don't think so.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:16 pm

Pretenders we are Innk........

But Pretenders who got the 2 points this week......

It's the third third of the season when you really need to put it together.....

Wests Tigers Teams who played like like in the past would have either got spanked or just gifted the game to the opposition......

Reminds me of Dogs sides of the past who played crap for 75mins and still win.......

Broncos only scored from a bad miss from Ayshford and Lawry and a dropped bomb from Fitzy.....with all the ball we gave them.......
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:16 pm

LOL....I was waiting for a ''go support (insert team) then" comment.

Ive been trying to think of an undeserving grand final winner....bar Melbourne i cant think of one.
You dont play bad in GFs and win....you can slow it down, that worked.

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:18 pm

everyone is a pretender the only team that isnt always chokes

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:19 pm

im trying to think of a game where ive thought wow...we are gonna give this comp a shake this year....still cant think of one.....maybe it will be next week v the titans

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:21 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:i dont give 2 sh!ts how we won, too many times we have been on the end of close losses deserved or not.

a get out of jail win like that...i'll take it any time of year.
Thats the way that I see it.
In my view and Im sure many of yours we shouldve won the match against the roosters and Campletown and probably deserved it however they stuck in there and got a lucky try at the end..
Thats just the way it goes!

Every year we look back on a couple of matches when were places 9,10,11 and say if we only one a couple of those.. Well finally we won one of those tight matches! Although dissapointed in the performance I am so happy to snare the win and confident that we can improve on that match and make a strong charge to our first finals in 5 years.
Last edited by benjibrotown on Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:23 pm

WOW. some of you guys would whinge if you won a million dollars because it took 5 days for the check to clear. We won. We are sitting in third place after 17 rounds. Can't remember the last time that happened. Go you mighty Tigers.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:27 pm

Here's a song for you Ink ;)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:27 pm

i think its ironic that this is probably the worst we have played out of the last 4 years and we will probably make the finals

Cat&Fiddle

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:34 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:i dont give 2 sh!ts how we won, too many times we have been on the end of close losses deserved or not.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
I think the keyboard warriors that bag the team have only only played rugby league on their Wii. ;)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:42 pm

Cat&Fiddle wrote:

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
I think the keyboard warriors that bag the team have only only played rugby league on their Wii. ;)
LOL....dont need to have played to comment - to voice an opinion, that really is an ignorant & dumb comment.
I take it you vote. I do. Do we need experience in politics to do so?
But yes, I have played a little
:deadhorse:

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:45 pm

Cat&Fiddle wrote: YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
We were woeful tonight.

Anyone who thinks we played well have their heads up their ass. We got away with it but we need to show up for the Titans.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:46 pm

T-REXX wrote:how is it fabricated...doesnt matter if u winby 2 points or 50. winnings winning.. fact is we have won enough to be in the top 4...

s*** game.. so what.. conditions didnt suit us, we are injury hit and no designated half...
last year we would have lost that game...
Agree. It was ugly and the Tigers were far from their best, but they've lost games before when they have been the better side and they got one back tonight.

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:48 pm

ron burgandy wrote:i think its ironic that this is probably the worst we have played out of the last 4 years and we will probably make the finals
I don't know about "probably". Sirro is right, 3rd place on the ladder is giving me no sense of security. We played like this in round 17 against an origin weakened Broncos outfit that were pretty ordinary themselves.. over the next couple of months we take on Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Eels, Storm & the Titans twice. I'll cross my fingers and toes and keep the faith but I won't be getting my hopes up too high either.

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:50 pm

the broncos played with a near full strength side last week against paramatta in sydney and won an ugly match, why are we pretenders then?

a win is a win, we didnt play well but we can improve alot. The problem dragons had last year and will have this year is they will have no where left to improve on. Go the tigers!

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:52 pm

i wish peopel would stop saying the baby broncos.. we were playing without a halfback and missing about 5 first grade players

They were missing 3 players

Cat&Fiddle

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:Our position does not reflect our play, our team, our football. It reflects the state of the competition i guess to an extent....

Its false.

If the Broncos had their big three we'd have been slaughtered...it wouldve been another souths game.

Corey parker MotM.
Man that team song was vey embarrassing...
IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND THE ONE-EYED MAN IS KING :) :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:54 pm

:lol: Post of the day
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..