Pretenders

RatedRKO

Re: Pretenders

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm

Golden wrote:i wish peopel would stop saying the baby broncos.. we were playing without a halfback and missing about 5 first grade players

They were missing 3 players
Yeah it's getting annoying, we were missing more players than they were.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:01 pm

djm619 wrote:
Golden wrote:i wish peopel would stop saying the baby broncos.. we were playing without a halfback and missing about 5 first grade players

I think its the quality of players missing.

Us:
Moltzen, Lui, Ryan and Tuiaki

Them:
Thaiday, Lockyer, Falou and Hodges.

Big difference in class.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:03 pm

djm619 wrote:

Just to set you straight

Rohan Ahern
Alex glenn--------Mark Flanagan
Justin Hodges -- Beau Ryan
Israel Folau-----Taniela tuiaki
sam Thaiday-----Moltzen
Darren Lockyer --- Robert Lui

Not that it means anything, players missing are part of the game and are only used as an excuse by some for some deficiency somewhere or other
I'd say four origin & australian reps are more a loss than our boys, TNT not even featuring this year so really cant be counted

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:06 pm

innsaneink wrote: Not that it means anything, players missing are part of the game and are only used as an excuse by some for some deficiency somewhere or other
I'd say four origin & australian reps are more a loss than our boys, TNT not even featuring this year so really cant be counted
Yeah you guys are right on that, but with no proper halfback.. well.. you watched the game.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:16 pm

I'll take the points...but geez we played ordinary...Its so obvious since we lost Moltz our attack has looked more pedestrian than good...we are no hope come finals time with our current play!...pretenders???...I dare say yes based on current form....

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:21 pm

on tonights effort we will get knocked out in the early weeks if we make the 8 ... the broncos were woeful and any decent side would have put 50 on them .... our forwards were lame tonight , and attack looked slow ....ill take the two points , but we really have some big problems ......the tactics should have been straight up the middle , but we always try and play it fancy turning in back in and making it easy for the defence ....if we lost tonight it would have rated as my worst loss in our history , because the broncos offered zilch in attack .....my highlight was the rhino tipping the esky over his head when the team was singing the victory song

gazatee

Post by gazatee » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:23 pm

Only allowing 14 points in is about the only positive. They could have run away with it ! Ugly win yes, but we'll take it. In a few weeks we'll forget about how bad we were....... like that game where I think we lost to that team by a big margin.... ummmm dunno cant remember

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:24 pm

I agree that we were pathetic. Pretty much looked a rabble the entire game.

However I don't think it is lack of effort. I think we have huge mental scars to overcome having missed the finals 4 seasons in a row. That win, no matter how ugly and how dire was so vital.

If we can just get to the finals, just get over the line and actually make it. Then the confidence will come and the scars will go away.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:29 pm

There's room for plenty of improvement so while tonight's win was ugly, the team knows they can, and have to play much better than that if they're going to make it to the finals and worry the top sides. In the scheme of things, this was a very important win.

alistair

Post by alistair » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:29 pm

All that matters from tonight is the 2 points.

Horrible weather, bad performance, hostile crowd, smashed in the penalty count (and deservedly!).

2 points. You don't win the comp in round 17, but you sure can lose it.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:
djm619 wrote:
Golden wrote: Not that it means anything, players missing are part of the game and are only used as an excuse by some for some deficiency somewhere or other
rubbish. recent history tells us that the team that wins the premiership is invariably one that uses less players over the season. the tigers used something like 27-30 players in 05. players missing might be part of the game but having the same line up week in week out is invaluable. the reason qld is so dominant is that they pretty much have the same line up year after year. the reason the tigers attack is all over the shop at the moment is lack of consistency. no more major injuries this year and we'll do OK. we are in 3rd spot for christs sake and need only 3 or 4 more wins to make the 8.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:32 pm

alistair wrote:All that matters from tonight is the 2 points.

Horrible weather, bad performance, hostile crowd, smashed in the penalty count (and deservedly!).

2 points. You don't win the comp in round 17, but you sure can lose it.
you actually do start to win the comp in round 17 ......hey ill take the two points ... but seriously if anyone is happy with the way we are going then your easy to pease .... we should have belted the broncs .. not just won by two points .....

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:35 pm

Cat&Fiddle wrote:You fans should get your prescriptions updated at OPSM.
The Tigers defence was very good! 8-)
the broncos attack was ordinary .......how hard is it to defend again a team playing one out ....they had 60 % of the pill in the first 40 ,,, the top sides would have put us to bed by halftime .....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:43 pm

You fans should get your prescriptions updated at OPSM.
20 (them) offloads to 5 (us) says not so good
OPSM indeed

Icon

Post by Icon » Fri 02 Jul, 2010 11:55 pm

benjibrotown wrote:
glebe_tiger wrote:i dont give 2 sh!ts how we won, too many times we have been on the end of close losses deserved or not.

a get out of jail win like that...i'll take it any time of year.
Thats the way that I see it.
In my view and Im sure many of yours we shouldve won the match against the roosters and Campletown and probably deserved it however they stuck in there and got a lucky try at the end..
Thats just the way it goes!

Every year we look back on a couple of matches when were places 9,10,11 and say if we only one a couple of those.. Well finally we won one of those tight matches! Although dissapointed in the performance I am so happy to snare the win and confident that we can improve on that match and make a strong charge to our first finals in 5 years.
i agree, go the tigers.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:27 am

innsaneink wrote:
You fans should get your prescriptions updated at OPSM.
20 (them) offloads to 5 (us) says not so good
OPSM indeed
Yet the Broncos with all that ball and all those offloads could only score from 1 bad miss tackle and a bomb.....throw in all our miss tackles.....poor kick chase with the Broncos starting most sets from the 30 in the second half....Bronco's completion in the second half was good ....got to the last tackle more ofthen than we did......lots of kicks, bombs..still only 2 try's ....

Hmmm.....Does say a lot for the defence......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:34 am

Its improved, thats all that has improved, but the scrambling D isnt bad
Very good defence doesnt leak 20 offloads though...which is the point I made

Cat&Fiddle

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:40 am

innsaneink wrote:
Cat&Fiddle wrote:
glebe_tiger wrote:i dont give 2 sh!ts how we won, too many times we have been on the end of close losses deserved or not.

a get out of jail win like that...i'll take it any time of year.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!
I think the keyboard warriors that bag the team have only only played rugby league on their Wii. ;)
LOL....dont need to have played to comment - to voice an opinion, that really is an ignorant & dumb comment.
I take it you vote. I do. Do we need experience in politics to do so?
But yes, I have played a little
:deadhorse:
Ah ha - as I thought.
A little experience equals a lot of opinion all at the expense of the coach and team. It's amazing how a "little experience' at let me guess, primary school rugby leauge knock-out comps where you played reserve and never ran on, founds one's ability to bag NRL coaches and players.
Yeah, don't let your ability or experience get in the way of your mouth.