Was there a knock on?

Golden

Was there a knock on?

Post by Golden » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:12 am

I have been reading lots of forums and all the broncos fans are crying and saying they were robbed that the ref missed a knock on before our last try I didnt see it

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:17 am

It was more a Todd Payten play the ball that was worse than Fifita's in the led up....

Let go by dumb and Dumber.....

One for the good guys.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:17 am

i didnt see it :S
only knock on i saw was the one when fitzy was contesting the ball. i believe it was yow yee?

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:18 am

I guess it makes up for the things they didn't get pulled up on like the obstruction and forward passes.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:19 am

Possibly but you never got a good replay. It was either a knock on or a lazy play the ball but id ont know how lazy. When we scored i wasnt celebrating as i was waiting to see if hed go to the video but he didnt.

But in fairs fair there wa a 100% clear knock on the tackle before there second try.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 12:21 am

Payten didnt play it properly, just pushed it back between his leg...a similar one earlier by us was penalised

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:11 am

I noticed it at the time and I was surprised they didn't go to the video ref.

I'd have to look at the replay but my initial gut feeling was if they had a look at it, they would've disallowed it.

To me there was a bobble and a slight lack of control.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:36 am

Bronco supporters really don't have much to whinge about - that was one of the most one sided refeeering displays i have seen in a long time - we couldn't get over the advantage line because Brisbane were allowed to stand in front of the ref most of the game and constantly jumped the play the ball - i counted 3 times where our runners 1 off the ruck where tackled by players who hadn't retreated from the previous tackle - all in all a woeful display of refereeing.

shifty

Post by shifty » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:39 am

diedpretty wrote:Bronco supporters really don't have much to whinge about - that was one of the most one sided refeeering displays i have seen in a long time - we couldn't get over the advantage line because Brisbane were allowed to stand in front of the ref most of the game and constantly jumped the play the ball - i counted 3 times where our runners 1 off the ruck where tackled by players who hadn't retreated from the previous tackle - all in all a woeful display of refereeing.
glad sum1 noticed that...i thought the broncos 10 was quite short tonight...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:42 am

just watched it again - wasn't a knock on but a sloppy play the ball - would have been a tracvesty to pull it up as they had let a number of sloppy play the balls go - he didn't drop the ball -mor just pushed it between his legs

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 4:56 am

shifty wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Bronco supporters really don't have much to whinge about - that was one of the most one sided refeeering displays i have seen in a long time - we couldn't get over the advantage line because Brisbane were allowed to stand in front of the ref most of the game and constantly jumped the play the ball - i counted 3 times where our runners 1 off the ruck where tackled by players who hadn't retreated from the previous tackle - all in all a woeful display of refereeing.
Sheens mentioned the 10 in his interview on ABC radio.

And, I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the video ref should have looked more closely for a Broncos' knock on when Beale scored and for the fact that Fitzy grounded the ball with his forearm.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 8:15 am

djm619 wrote:I guess it makes up for the things they didn't get pulled up on like the obstruction and forward passes.
I agree, some decisions were a bit " puzzling" but I am glad they worked out. :D
usually wests-tigers are on wrong side of them. :roll:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 8:26 am

The refereeing was a disgrace. Definately should have been 3 penalities given our favour.

Brisbane gave away few penalities in the ruck and looked off side most of the night.

There was probably 7 play the balls where no foot touched the ball, apparently pretending to play it with your leg is good enough.

They also stuffed our advantage on a Brisbane knockon.

Ref Rating F

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 8:30 am

It was a dodgy play the ball, however there was a definete knock on in the play the ball for Brisbane second try

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 8:50 am

Yeah bad PTB.

But as others have said the reffing of the game was terrible. The Broncos 17 was a metre in front of the reff nearly every play the ball right next to him and not one penalty

Juro

Post by Juro » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 10:40 am

fergiefurr wrote:It was a dodgy play the ball, however there was a definete knock on in the play the ball for Brisbane second try
I was yelling at the TV with that Brisbane knock on, but when the commentators didn't mention it, I wondered whether I was seeing things. Of course, there were no replays to confirm. Has anyone looked more closely on rewatching it?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 11:06 am

shifty wrote:
as it was with the parra game they played last week Thiday stands in front of the ref 3 metres everytime and gets away with it

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:01 pm

Could have sworn the Bronco guy dropped the ball forward (while facing his own goal line) the play before their 2nd try. I could be wrong, but I was filthy at the time.