Sucking in the big ones!!

beachtiger

Sucking in the big ones!!

Post by beachtiger » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 11:55 am

It seems to me that our forwards are sucking in the big ones on a regular basis, especially Bryce Gibbs and Big Keith. I know Keith is still getting some match fitness but I feel that Bryce is playing too many minutes and it is affecting his overal impact. I have never been a massive Bryce fan but I thought through the first few rounds he was really coming along well and actually making impact with his hitups, defence is not an issue for him and I honestly think he has one of the most technically sound techniques in the NRL, beautiful to watch him chop down runners no matter how big they are.

I rekon that its then felt throughout the team and Heighno, Payto and Ellis are then doing more work and fatiguing quicker as well.

I know that defending takes up more energy than attacking and we did a lot of defending tonight but this is something that I have noticed over the last couple of weeks and I think it is a major issue.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:19 pm

I agree - is our fitness a myth?? Stats say we only made 16 more tackles than the Broncos yet their forwards always seemed to have more energy. Even Dwyer was struggling and only played half a game.