Proud

innsaneink

Proud

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 8:32 am

Its funny how your emotions and feelings can go after a game

While we werent at our best again last night, that game had a semis intensity somewhat about it....the Titans bombed several chances, we did too....but we played tough.
A couple of sets there in the first half i think we lost our way, no go forward at all.....needs to be rectified and it seemd to be at the time.

After the dragons loss I was happy, content, pleased with what I saw despite the result.
Last week I was furious....we were complete crap
Tonite while we didnt execute the best at times the pigs rolled up their sleeves and really took it to the opposition, they all played tough and inspiring....forgot to record the game and am hanging to watch it again.

Well done boys! :sign:

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 8:45 am

They toughed it out last night. What I'm really liking is that they seem to have the confidence and composure to win these games now. they don't panic, like they once would have, and they get the result.
Imagine what they will do when the attack starts firing. We have players coming back over the next couple of weeks which gives the team time to gel before the finals. For me, the signs are there, the timing is just off in the backline - i'm loving the way mackinnon is chiming in in attack - the passes will gel at Leichhardt monday week. that's my tip.
I'm as happy as Larry today. Bar a major catastrophe, we are set to make the finals for only the second time in our history.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 8:56 am

Yeah completely agree with you Ink! I thought it was a great game to watch! The niggling between Prince, the heated exchanges, the facial massage... GREAT FOOTY!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:15 am

I want a Bronze statue of Gibbs & Fulton in front of Cambo and of Farah & Payten outside of Leichhardt after this weeks game

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:24 am

Agree Ink, I love that they are grinding it out and getting these wins that the team would have lost for sure ,years ago.
I am concern with Andrew Fifita's fitness of late, and doesn't seem that effective as earlier in the year....

Hey Smeg, they should pass around the bucket at LO on Monday night....they would get heaps for sure

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:30 am

Hard game! the intensity was there, the niggles, the heckles, the punches, the face rubs, the miracle plays, the bombed tries, the sin binning, the coaches dummy spits, the abismal refereeing, the vocal crowd, THE VICTORY FOR THE TIGERS!!!!
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:44 am

I must admit, it's a sweet feeling to win (whether it be ugly or pretty), and it's a positive sign to see us finally winning those close encounters.

It now seems a forgone conclusion that this year we will be playing finals football.

And for once, we're ahead of that top eight log jam, so if we do happen to drop a couple of games we should still be in the eight.

Defence still has a few cracks in it, however goal line defense has been first class as of late. We now have the confidence and self belief that we'll hold teams out on our line, unlike in previous years where if the other team got a sniff of the line they'd usually score.

Attack is looking promising, but yet again bad execution has been the killer.

Hopefully next week we put a big score on NQ and boost our for and against
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:53 am

I thought last nights game by us was a very good perfomance with injuries and out of position players ..the Titans were very unluckly not to be at least 12 points in front at half time with last passes going to ground and we should not forget they were at full strength with all there moves and players on deck.Being a pretty much a slapped together side I thought we went really well and if we can just fill that 1/2 spot we have at least 45% improvement in us I don't think the Titans have that!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:59 am

Well said Ink.

This team has some steel about it.

Played well below their attacking best,but kicked well and tackled their bums off.

Very proud of these boys.

MGB

Post by MGB » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:08 am

Good thread, gutsy win by the boys and we have our halfback to come back into the side. Best game I have seen by Robbie for eons, great stuff. 2 more wins and we are playing finals footy, I'd like to see tose 4 points come in the next 2/3 weeks and then start looking at a home semi. Much better TEAM this year.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:56 pm

Very proud of the boys! It's been weird winning these types of games all year because I'm so used to seeing them lose them. I spose the good thing this year is it's our defence that has been winning us our games whereas it's been our attack in the past. I'd much rather us have to improve in our attack than defence. Another positive is that Sheens has said we haven't been doing too many attacking drills of late - only recovering for games. We've got 10 days to prepare for the Cowboys game - watch out for a good attacking display!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 1:19 pm

Could not agree more ink, very very proud of the boys tonite.

Was at the game and the atmosphere was fantastic, loved Robbie "standing up for himself too",

Bit worried about Benji, he does not seem his normal happy self, something is bugging him

:wahoo:

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:06 pm

Games like last night the Tigers would have lost last year. This season has seen less of a reliance to go for the hail mary plays, there are still low percentage plays being used by Marshall and Farah, but overall the team is adapting to grinding out games well even if the attack isn't at it's best.

everett

Post by everett » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:17 pm

Agree with everyone comments. Very proud of the boys and with our forwards being able to play big minutes and with Folkes on our coaching panel this should hold us in good steed leading into the semi finals. I think the priority now should be to secure a top 4 finish and work on our attack. Fulton and Gibbs are having their best years. Still need to have 4 forwards on the bench to compete with St George and Penrith. I agree Marshall does not look like a happy camper at the moment.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:42 pm

It is good to see the team playing poorly and still winning.

Last night they really grinded it out. It was good to see.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:45 pm

Maybe Benji is not looking too happy because he knows he is not playing at his best? While his kicking was heaps better last night there were still rocks amongst the diamonds. He was visibly dissapointed at some of those rocks and perhaps he is putting himself under extra pressure to play the perfect game - although for Benji that may never be achievable because the more he pulls off the more he goes for... but hopefully with a halfback his position in the attacking line will have a little more room and he can back himself to run a bit more - that seems to be when he is happiest.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:57 pm

barra wrote:Maybe Benji is not looking too happy because he knows he is not playing at his best? While his kicking was heaps better last night there were still rocks amongst the diamonds. He was visibly dissapointed at some of those rocks and perhaps he is putting himself under extra pressure to play the perfect game - although for Benji that may never be achievable because the more he pulls off the more he goes for... but hopefully with a halfback his position in the attacking line will have a little more room and he can back himself to run a bit more - that seems to be when he is happiest.
I love all the theories regarding Benji. The most probable theory about him not being happy is that he simply knows he isn't playing well and is dissapointed with his performances.

I don't think that where he plays makes any difference either. Imo he still doesn't know his game. He is a running half one week and then an organiser the next then after that he is a ballplayer.

Give him a set role and let him run wiht it. If we get him and Robbie firing we are in with a big chance this year.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 3:10 pm

What impressed me most about last night was that we did it without Ellis, Ryan, Lui and Moors. I always tip the Tigers but when I saw that Ellis wasn't playing and then Lui couldn't play, I was concerned.

Thought the crowd was great last night. Haven't seen/heard an atmosphere at Campbelltown like that for a while.