im glad this is happening

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Re: im glad this is happening

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm glad we won!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm glad I no longer have to read a largesse of non-positive posts anymore
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 8:55 pm

well it took us having 70% possesion in the second half to do it but we got there...but as i stated the top teams wont let us off the leash...lawrys passing was very crap tonight alot of them hit the ground causing errors....if that isnt a sign for sheens its obvious he has his head in the sand and being very arrogant

clontarfkid
Member
Member
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by clontarfkid » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:06 pm

Ron is spot on regarding his comments,unfortunately,& because we keep scraping home against ordinary teams, Sheens doesnt react to fix problems which are transparent to all except the coaching staff,& simply indulges himself with more of the same rubbish(eg Skandallis return)
We have been extremely fortunate to date,& but unless the core problems are addressed we'll disappear without trace in September & wonder just what happened...

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:08 pm

LOL at your comments about ayshford ron.

The guy gets brushed once by a fired up taumata and gets turned around by a crossfield kick, and you think he should be cut? I can't remember the last time I ever saw him miss a tackle like that, and Thurstons kick should have been covered by tuquiri, who misread the play.

Ayshford kept cracking the line time and time again in the second half, scored a strong try, and was solid in defence - which has become par for the course for him.

Granted, Fitzy had an ordinary game, and Galloway didn't do anything really to spark mention, but I think your critisism of Ayshford is a tad harsh.
Image


ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:13 pm

underdog wrote:LOL at your comments about ayshford ron.

The guy gets brushed once by a fired up taumata and gets turned around by a crossfield kick, and you think he should be cut? I can't remember the last time I ever saw him miss a tackle like that, and Thurstons kick should have been covered by tuquiri, who misread the play.

Ayshford kept cracking the line time and time again in the second half, scored a strong try, and was solid in defence - which has become par for the course for him.

Granted, Fitzy had an ordinary game, and Galloway didn't do anything really to spark mention, but I think your critisism of Ayshford is a tad harsh.

he also rushed up on bowen which lead to a 40 metre run down field when it was 16 all...granted he got back with other defenders to make the tackle but point is he shouldnt have let it get that far...and its not this one week hes been doing it all year...his attack doesnt counter his poor defence

User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:13 pm

I think Galloway struggled with defence in the first half.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:15 pm

senexx wrote:I think Galloway struggled with defence in the first half.
he got smashed in every hit up aswell...im glad he didnt play in the second half

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:55 pm

Galloway was concussed according to Sheens in the post-match presentation.

Sheens also admitted the Lawrence-Benji halves combo is over, he said it "struggled tonight" and said Lui will be back next week 100%.

Thank god for that.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 9:59 pm

Ayshford is very ordinary. Good centres show him up every time and he offers nothing in attack, we won`t win a game in the semis if he`s still in the side.

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:02 pm

haha even in my negative outburts during game I dont go this far hahaha

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18155
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:04 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Galloway was concussed according to Sheens in the post-match presentation.

Sheens also admitted the Lawrence-Benji halves combo is over, he said it "struggled tonight" and said Lui will be back next week 100%.

Thank god for that.
Surely you're not that naive Hybrid... Until Lui injures himself at training next week and Sheens promises "this is only a short term solution..."
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29584
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:09 pm

LOL at Wons half time rant

Why do you care?
You dont even go.

Enjoy the ride
surely you're not that naive Hybrid... Until Lui injures himself at training next week and Sheens promises "this is only a short term solution..."
He spounded very definite, said he'sd put on some weight while out and the knee kept blowing up.
Gaz & Fafita should be back too

User avatar
Balmain Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue 08 Sep, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Inner West

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:13 pm

blake had a poor second half but made up for it in the 2nd
Image

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:14 pm

Vicious wrote:Ayshford is very ordinary. Good centres show him up every time and he offers nothing in attack, we won`t win a game in the semis if he`s still in the side.
That's bulldust. The miss on Bowen was a shocker, and I bet Sheens has a word to him. He missed a bad tackle and has to wear it but to say he has done it all year is unfair on the kid.

He has talent and deserves his spot in the centres.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:22 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
Vicious wrote:Ayshford is very ordinary. Good centres show him up every time and he offers nothing in attack, we won`t win a game in the semis if he`s still in the side.
That's bulldust. The miss on Bowen was a shocker, and I bet Sheens has a word to him. He missed a bad tackle and has to wear it but to say he has done it all year is unfair on the kid.

He has talent and deserves his spot in the centres.
He wouldn`t make any other first grade side in the comp. Not fast enough for the backs and plays with no aggression.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29659
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 11:02 pm

One of the best come from behind victories playing Crap that I've ever witnessed at Leichhardt....

It had everything.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 11:12 pm

Benji misses heaps of tackles every year should we flick him?? Aysford is a very good footballer and at some stage will probably end up at the back of the scrum but for now he will do me in the centres.

Will be interesting next week with Lui back at 7 to see if the team gets a bit more shape to its attack and will be interesting to see if manly target him in defense

Locked