if the fitz doesnt get the chop after this game.....

alien

Re: if the fitz doesnt get the chop after this game.....

Post by alien » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 11:28 pm

Yossarian wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
a story of where stats dont tell the truth...

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate
Ron you've had the knives out for him all year. The pass he dropped was hardly on his chest and the dropped ball after the bomb was a dud call. But yeah if you think it was his fault we were down 0-16 that's your opinion.

Anyway the point of my post was not to say he played well but to suggest Fitzy is overly scrutinised. Ayshford had a terrible first half. Farah got the ball stripped from him which led to a try. Would you drop them as well?
The difference is Farah does things to make up for his mistakes. Besides Canberra making Fitzhenry look like Clive Churchill at Leichhardt this year for a minute what else has he done that is all that good this year???

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:08 am

alien wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate
Ron you've had the knives out for him all year. The pass he dropped was hardly on his chest and the dropped ball after the bomb was a dud call. But yeah if you think it was his fault we were down 0-16 that's your opinion.

Anyway the point of my post was not to say he played well but to suggest Fitzy is overly scrutinised. Ayshford had a terrible first half. Farah got the ball stripped from him which led to a try. Would you drop them as well?
The difference is Farah does things to make up for his mistakes. Besides Canberra making Fitzhenry look like Clive Churchill at Leichhardt this year for a minute what else has he done that is all that good this year???
So if anyone else made the same two mistakes you'd want them sacked? My point isn't that he deserves a spot, it's that Fitzhenry is overly scrutinised and every mistake he makes his blown out of proporion. Fair enough he hasn't set the world on fire but he's hardly been the disaster some people around here make out. He's actually played a few decent games.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:10 am

Yossarian wrote:My point isn't that he deserves a spot, it's that Fitzhenry is overly scrutinised and every mistake he makes his blown out of proporion. Fair enough he hasn't set the world on fire but he's hardly been the disaster some people around here make out. He's actually played a few decent games.
I agree.

Personally he would not be in my team but the criticism of him is so over the top and it always has been.

alien

Post by alien » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 5:49 am

Yossarian wrote:So if anyone else made the same two mistakes you'd want them sacked?
No I said others make mistakes but most make up for it. He knocked on after taking that bomb and it was a knock on. He was facing backwards but the ball went out his side and went forward. Also, he wasn't in the right position to take 2 of Benji passes when we were in an attacking position and because of it both passes went over the sideline. He isn't very fast, very skillful or very strong so he can't afford to make mistakes like that. I didn't say I wanted him sacked from the club but I think we have better options for our firstgrade team.

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:14 am

alien wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:

His game at fullback v the knights in atrocious conditions was excellent.

& check the tape - he lost the bomb behind him (that is why Wade had to scramble back)!

YOU ONLY EVEN CLAIM (SO ARTICULATELY) THAT "IT CAME OUT HIS SIDE ...DERR..DERR...DRIBBLE".

IF THAT WAS THE CASE THAT WOULD MAKE IT LATERAL (THAT IS SIDEWAYS / LINE-BALL) & PLAY ON!!

FITZY HAS NEVER BEEN A WORLD-BEATER BUT HE HAS ACHIEVED ALOT MORE THAN ANY OF HIS CRITICS & DESERVES THE RESPECT OF ANY TRUE SUPPORTER!

HAVING SAID THAT HE WOULD NOT MAKE MY TOP 17 - BUT I'VE NEVER COACHED FIRST GRADE!

coop

Post by coop » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:55 am

I'm no great fan of Fitzy because I just don't see what he adds to the team. Having said that, I'd much rather see Fitzy at 17 than JMo at 7. Fitzy at 17 is bearable, JMo at 7 was torture.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 7:38 am

Not a fan of why he is in team, not on his ability, but we don't need cover for the backs. If Fitzy was more like Tim Moltzen, I'd be happy to have a back on their for genuine injection of attack.

I watched the game, and I watched the replay. Daniel did nothing wrong. That ball he didn't catch should of been registered as an 'Error' next to Benji's name. In saying that, I still don't see his value...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 10:27 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Not a fan of why he is in team, not on his ability, but we don't need cover for the backs. If Fitzy was more like Tim Moltzen, I'd be happy to have a back on their for genuine injection of attack.

I watched the game, and I watched the replay. Daniel did nothing wrong. That ball he didn't catch should of been registered as an 'Error' next to Benji's name. In saying that, I still don't see his value...
Try telling that to the Fitzhenry bashers. Some of them can't wait to get on here and bag the bloke out...

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:39 am

Fitzy plays better when his is tossed in an important role , like in Fullback.He played well (under high ball) as he couldnt rely on anyone else to clean up.He was given the responsibility and he stood up to it. On the wing he lets the next player take charge and thats where we see his poor game.I was at the game at Campbelltown against the Roosters and it appeared he didnt want to be on the field .He was miles away from the play and hardly ever chased his man down.That upsets any fan.If it was a 1 off i would excuse it but he has done the same in other games.He took ownership in dummy half against the Raiders and won the game for us and i give him full credit but if he was to do something on the wing he might have fallen asleep.I rather Fitzy play fullback but thats no longer possible with Wade in the team.I thought thats where he played his best footy since returning to Tigers.

alien

Post by alien » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 12:54 pm

redemption wrote:
& check the tape - he lost the bomb behind him (that is why Wade had to scramble back)!

YOU ONLY EVEN CLAIM (SO ARTICULATELY) THAT "IT CAME OUT HIS SIDE ...DERR..DERR...DRIBBLE".

IF THAT WAS THE CASE THAT WOULD MAKE IT LATERAL (THAT IS SIDEWAYS / LINE-BALL) & PLAY ON!!
i think you need to check the tape again :lol:

alien

Post by alien » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 12:59 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Oh here we go again. Did nothing wrong. It's easy to see who the fWo is. :lol: Benji passed it where the winger should have been. Benji's fault, give me a break! :roll:
Yossarian wrote:Try telling that to the Fitzhenry bashers. Some of them can't wait to get on here and bag the bloke out...
Every player that plays a bad game gets criticised. Even our star players like Benji and Farah have been plenty of times.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 1:18 pm

alien wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Oh here we go again. Did nothing wrong. It's easy to see who the fWo is. :lol: Benji passed it where the winger should have been. Benji's fault, give me a break! :roll:
Yossarian wrote:Try telling that to the Fitzhenry bashers. Some of them can't wait to get on here and bag the bloke out...
Every player that plays a bad game gets criticised. Even our star players like Benji and Farah have been plenty of times.
I guess where we disagree is that I don't think Fitzy had a bad game. He didn't do much but he wasn't awful. And maybe you aren't in the group I'm talking about but I still think there are people on this forum who overly scrutinise everything the bloke does. Again let me say I wouldn't pick him but I'm prepared to call it like I see it when it comes to analysing his playing performance.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 2:16 pm

alien wrote:
Yeah, you must be right. I forgot Fitzy was 7ft tall :lol: :lol: :lol: he should of got that right on his chest :deadhorse:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017