if the fitz doesnt get the chop after this game.....

redemption

Re: if the fitz doesnt get the chop after this game.....

Post by redemption » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 12:57 am

alien

Post by alien » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 5:39 am

Fitz caught the bomb but fumbled the ball when he got tackled and landed on the ground. Benji did some good passes to him but Fitzy was too far back. I hope Fitz plays better next week, if he is in the team, because we can't afford to make too many mistakes against a team like Manly.

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 5:41 am

he has to go..... he offers NOTHING to this side

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 7:35 am

yeah there's no point in having these threads, except a bit of venting..... he won't be dropped :(

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 7:50 am

When Ryan is back, it will be absolutely scandalous if Fitzy is kept in the team ahead of Brown.

I was Brown's biggest critic, but he's been pretty solid and he and Daniella are clearly playing better than Fitzy.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 7:57 am

cnx_tigers wrote:When Ryan is back, it will be absolutely scandalous if Fitzy is kept in the team ahead of Brown.

I was Brown's biggest critic, but he's been pretty solid and he and Daniella are clearly playing better than Fitzy.
Agreed Fitzy is Fitzy....whenever the ball goes anywhere near him my heart rate rises; my fingers are crossed hoping he doesn't stuff up...and most times he does....he has always been this way and always will be...off to the Sharkies Fitzy!.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 8:55 am

I think Fitzy is way to slow to be put on the wing or fullback, as a interchange player that comes on and makes some probes up the middle he has some value and Sheens is banking on his experience.
Last night his speed or lack of speed was exposed a few times but he really didnt do much wrong.

Iam not going to bag Fitzy because with his speed and size he has at his disposal he goes alright but I just think their must be a lot better options within our ranks and Sheens is the man who picks the team not Fitzy

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 9:30 am

Watching the ball get snatched along the ground was unforgiveable.

He is the weakest link in our team no doubt.

Very amusing telling my mates Arana left because he coulnt dislodge Fitzy.

Staks

Post by Staks » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 1:07 pm

Dear fellow Jibberers, the only person to blame for his constant selection is the Commander even when better options exist in the lower grades. The constant venting of fustration about it is pointless.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 1:28 pm

Jeez he wasn't that bad last night. No missed tackles, 2 errors is hardly an awful game. Yeah maybe there are others who could get a run ahead of him but fair dinkum some of you guys must watch the games in slow motion looking for everything the bloke does wrong.

Post by 851 » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 1:35 pm

Staks wrote:Dear fellow Jibberers, the only person to blame for his constant selection is the Commander even when better options exist in the lower grades. The constant venting of fustration about it is pointless.
That is spot on,but geez I hate seeing his name there every week.
Go hard or go home

Thaiger14

Post by Thaiger14 » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 2:27 pm

I don't mind the dropped bomb but what annoyed me the most was the lack of urgency that he showed on two occasions when the ball went to ground. Just stared and waited for someone else to collect when it was clear that he should have cleaned it up. The other thing was when Benji attempted to pass to him on the sideline. Even if he would have been tackled dead, he should of at least ran onto the ball hard and cut back in - he didn't even want a piece of it. I just don't understand what Sheens is thinking here.

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 4:28 pm

the bomb was dislodged backwards in the tackle & should have been play-on to McKinnon!

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 4:39 pm

Nope, Fitzy is on the bench for R 20 !

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 5:11 pm

Yossarian wrote:Jeez he wasn't that bad last night. No missed tackles, 2 errors is hardly an awful game. Yeah maybe there are others who could get a run ahead of him but fair dinkum some of you guys must watch the games in slow motion looking for everything the bloke does wrong.

a story of where stats dont tell the truth...

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate

alien

Post by alien » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 10:07 pm

redemption wrote:the bomb was dislodged backwards in the tackle & should have been play-on to McKinnon!
yeah not sure if it went backwards. he needed to not drop it at all.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 10:09 pm

Thaiger14 wrote:The other thing was when Benji attempted to pass to him on the sideline. Even if he would have been tackled dead, he should of at least ran onto the ball hard and cut back in - he didn't even want a piece of it. I just don't understand what Sheens is thinking here.
That happened twice. Once in the first half and once in the second half.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 11:23 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Jeez he wasn't that bad last night. No missed tackles, 2 errors is hardly an awful game. Yeah maybe there are others who could get a run ahead of him but fair dinkum some of you guys must watch the games in slow motion looking for everything the bloke does wrong.

a story of where stats dont tell the truth...

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate
Ron you've had the knives out for him all year. The pass he dropped was hardly on his chest and the dropped ball after the bomb was a dud call. But yeah if you think it was his fault we were down 0-16 that's your opinion.

Anyway the point of my post was not to say he played well but to suggest Fitzy is overly scrutinised. Ayshford had a terrible first half. Farah got the ball stripped from him which led to a try. Would you drop them as well?