A review from a Yank

JRD

Re: A review from a Yank

Post by JRD » Sat 24 Jul, 2010 9:39 am

fergiefurr wrote: if the nrl properly promoted the sport in the USA i have no doubts americans would love it. maybe it would be worth the nrl doing an AFL Hunt/Folau type purchase and getting a pro NFL player, then playing him in a trial game in his home city?
So you havent head of Manfred Moore?

Ian AKA Tiger Ted
Location: Warrimoo west of Sydney East of Perth North of Hobart & South of Cape York .

Post by Ian AKA Tiger Ted » Sat 24 Jul, 2010 10:53 pm

JRD wrote:
fergiefurr wrote: if the nrl properly promoted the sport in the USA i have no doubts americans would love it. maybe it would be worth the nrl doing an AFL Hunt/Folau type purchase and getting a pro NFL player, then playing him in a trial game in his home city?
So you havent head of Manfred Moore?
Manfred Moore, Running Back from the Oakland Raiders , played in Superbowl XL , played for the Newtown Jets 1977.
' DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE '

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 10:12 am

G. Strombolli wrote:I really enjoyed that, great read - how on earth did you find it?
Google News.

i thought it was funny that he was shocked at a fan calling a player a dumb coconut, and that it wouldnt happen in the States. Their crowds must be quite calm and pleasant if even that sounds bad to him lol.