instead of fifita and moors.....

Cat&Fiddle

Re: instead of fifita and moors.....

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sat 24 Jul, 2010 11:45 pm

willow wrote:
citizen cub wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Im done. Talk about tough task masters. Galloway was one of the best 3 props in the game last year. He comes back slow from injury and the clowns already turn on him. These are the same people saying Moltz was the best halfback since Joey Johns ;)

4 years, 1 good period of about 10 games. How many chances do you want to give the bloke? No aggression, no 'go foward' mentality, he's typifies the type of fowards we use at WT's. And we wonder why we always lose the foward battle.
The Tigers don't always lose the forward battle. You're just being niave.
IMO the Wests Tigers have been winning the forwards battle pretty much all season.
We turn the ball back into the central corridor for first 80 per cent of the game and find out the less than fit forwards who flop in the back end of the game even though they get rested by so-called impact players who are in fact even less fit.
The WT forwards are all superfit (except Fifita, Moors and Tupou) which is why they aren't in first grade and why we've been winning even though the megapost fffffffffffans here don't understand.
Tim Sheens is the best rugby league coach ever -- with the exception of Jack Gibson, IMHO

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:31 am

you think galloway is fit? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:34 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote: The WT forwards are all superfit (except Fifita, Moors and Tupou) which is why they aren't in first grade and why we've been winning even though the megapost fffffffffffans here don't understand.
Tim Sheens is the best rugby league coach ever -- with the exception of Jack Gibson, IMHO
Can you logically explain the point in having Fitzy on the bench where he is likely to not even get on the field when we could have someone like Moors there instead? I want to hear this.

Cat&Fiddle

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:46 am

Fitzy can cover injured backs and locks and hookers -- it's as simple as that

Cat&Fiddle

Post by Cat&Fiddle » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah Galloway is gym fit but his injuries have held back his match fitness

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 2:43 am

Cat&Fiddle wrote:Fitzy can cover injured backs and locks and hookers -- it's as simple as that
Its not as simple as that, firstly he has to be of NRL standard - and he isnt in any of those positions

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 7:23 am

I cant get over people criticising Galloway. I must be an extremely bad judge of footballer. With Ellis and Heighno, in my view, he has been our best forward for the past 3 years. I really need to stop reading this site, it is doing my head in. Next I will be hearing the sky is purple.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 8:00 am

I think he is way below our best Forward. 2009 included. It is also pretty obvious that Sauce is battling injuries and is struggling to find is way. This really shows in his tackling technic.

Galloway is a class player and hopefully will turn things around before the Finals. A fully fit and hard running Keith Galloway is a great site in a Tiger Jumper.

I'm think 1-2 weeks in Reggies will be the best tonic considering he has struggled fir some time now...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 9:02 am

southerntiger wrote:I cant get over people criticising Galloway. I must be an extremely bad judge of footballer. With Ellis and Heighno, in my view, he has been our best forward for the past 3 years. I really need to stop reading this site, it is doing my head in. Next I will be hearing the sky is purple.

i have to agree
it's a pitty he got that head knock last week.
his second hit up i think it was where he made 12 yards then offloaded for another 15 yard gain.
thought he had a big game coming.

i don't see what he will get from reggies.
he knows what he needs to do and i am confident he will do it.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 9:05 am

x3

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:04 am

southerntiger wrote:I cant get over people criticising Galloway. I must be an extremely bad judge of footballer. With Ellis and Heighno, in my view, he has been our best forward for the past 3 years. I really need to stop reading this site, it is doing my head in. Next I will be hearing the sky is purple.
No you aren't a bad judge...maybe guilty of wearing tiger coloured glasses with this one though. Ellis and Heighno are head, shoulders and chest above him as a player. He has a game where he makes one good tackle and two good runs and people on here give him points in their dally m and claim he shopuld be an Origin rep. He doesn put in enough for that honour.
He has the potential to be very important to us...but we need him on the field for extended periods and we need him firing during that period. A run in reggies would make him the forward leader, make him get more involved and bring him back to first grade match fit and confident.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:32 am

stryker wrote:
No you aren't a bad judge...maybe guilty of wearing tiger coloured glasses with this one though. Ellis and Heighno are head, shoulders and chest above him as a player. He has a game where he makes one good tackle and two good runs and people on here give him points in their dally m and claim he shopuld be an Origin rep. He doesn put in enough for that honour.
He has the potential to be very important to us...but we need him on the field for extended periods and we need him firing during that period. A run in reggies would make him the forward leader, make him get more involved and bring him back to first grade match fit and confident.
Well explained Stryker... I love Keith, but he is well under...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 1:18 pm

Keith's best used as an impact prop, yet we don't have someone that can fill the void as the starter. I like Fifita and Moors, don't get me wrong but they are also bench props, neither of the calibre of Keith. Gower should've been playing and starting a while ago.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm not doubting our fowards are fit, but they don't understand the 'go foward' formula. It's a simple game, every other team understand the formula. Gibbs, Galloway, Flanagan none of them run foward, and we've got blokes like Moors and Fifita who are raring to go and are being wasted in NSW cup. Sheens 'best rugby league coach ever'?!? mate he's not bad, but you, I and every other forum member know some of his selections are questionable.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE