Sheens: we aren't getting the raps that we deserve

User avatar
citizen cub
Member
Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Sheens: we aren't getting the raps that we deserve

Post by citizen cub » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:10 pm

Today's effort clearly outlines the reason we aren't being wrapped you idiot. We finally came up against a team who had some points in them and what happened? we got rolled. We'll still make the eight but there are still a whole host things we need to clean up and this bloke (Sheens) needs to stop being ignorant and start addressing the problems.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:35 pm

citizen cub wrote:Today's effort clearly outlines the reason we aren't being wrapped you idiot. We finally came up against a team who had some points in them and what happened? we got rolled. We'll still make the eight but there are still a whole host things we need to clean up and this bloke (Sheens) needs to stop being ignorant and start addressing the problems.
Dont hold your breath tim wont admit anything and wont change anything.

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:37 pm

dont hold your breath CC.....
weve seen it way too many times for things to suddenly change ......is it too simple an ask to just play a player in his right position ?im not a fitzy bagger but whenever a key player is out he slots him straight into his position .......
the grunt up front is a drama .. and why does sheensie always use the turn the pill back into the forwards to make them tired plan ... it also stuffs our forwards and we get rolled straight up the middle .....

User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:59 pm

Stryker, from experience, I say you are wrong.
Are we both wrong? No.
We've just had different experiences.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

clontarfkid
Member
Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:59 pm

citizen cub wrote:Today's effort clearly outlines the reason we aren't being wrapped you idiot. We finally came up against a team who had some points in them and what happened? we got rolled. We'll still make the eight but there are still a whole host things we need to clean up and this bloke (Sheens) needs to stop being ignorant and start addressing the problems.
Ignorant...arrogant...or just plain stupid.
Most supporters have seen this (& worse) coming for some time,but no...not our enlightened ,gifted,analytical coaching staff.
And sadly worse is to come ,as the same old issues issues never get addressed.Fitzhenry mite be captain next week,& Benji resposible for all kicking(not just goal kicks).What a joke..
Frankly Id fire Sheens at the end of this season almost regardless of how we finish,as this head in the sand dinosaur & totally untalented assistant are never going to fluke it again
We have the talent to win this darn thing this yr,but it aint going to happen until these two move on


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 7:26 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:He's preparing us & the Squad for a disappointment in the near future...

I won't be disappointed if we drop today, but I'll be frustrated if we don't analyze a loss properly and address those failings the following week.

Fiddle, the keyboard brigade will out number you on here mate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even Ron. 8-) The problem will be how each individual understands or interprets the game. And you only have to look at the bi-annual CEO Meetings and Coaches Meetings to realize even the smart heads don't see it the same way. I hear your frustration Brother...
:sign:
Who's the keyboard brigade....sounds like someone else apart from you and fiddle according to you?
Guess what champ....youre part of it too. :|
BTW I agree with your sentiments...todays result is not the end of the world but right now at this stage of the season, you dont want two L's after your name in succession so hopefully they can iron out what needs to be ironed out.
Just on that...goalkicking is fine apparently, as no one else is practising according to coach....and you wonder why people start to b**** and moan?
There is one crucial aspect that has NOT been addressed.
Yeah, only one....but it will catch up with us eventually

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 10:51 am

Sheen you are a goose!

No other coach would talk his team up before an important match like that.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:12 am

innsaneink wrote: Who's the keyboard brigade....sounds like someone else apart from you and fiddle according to you?
Guess what champ....youre part of it too. :|
BTW I agree with your sentiments...todays result is not the end of the world but right now at this stage of the season, you dont want two L's after your name in succession so hopefully they can iron out what needs to be ironed out.
Just on that...goalkicking is fine apparently, as no one else is practising according to coach....and you wonder why people start to b**** and moan?
There is one crucial aspect that has NOT been addressed.
Yeah, only one....but it will catch up with us eventually
Agreed, 2 losses will change everything in relation too our structure/mindset in the last 6 weeks. Our defensive pattern will have time to work harder this week against the Sharks Pack, and hopefully regroup. This is our strength...

The fact we don't practise kicking at training is just ridiculous. My kids under 8 Gorillas alway practise before games and choose the best out of 6 each week.Brisbane always have a group 5 doing a minimum of 3 kicking sessions each week :brick: with the fact Marshall is kicking at 61% and we don't have kicking group, if I was a Director or Investor of the Tigers, I would find this unacceptable.

Sheens needs to understand who's paying his wage!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:13 am

He has no reason to though Watto.

He has had zero consequence for multiple seasons of failure
Image

User avatar
Granto87
Member
Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Granto87 » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:24 am

On Abc radio this moarning that if we make the semi's this year Sheens has already agreed to a 2year extension...

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10917
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:38 am

Granto87 wrote:On Abc radio this moarning that if we make the semi's this year Sheens has already agreed to a 2year extension...
I don't know if I can go through another 2 years of this....... it's not everything about Sheens that is the problem it's some of the choices that are made in regards to team selections and use of bench, especially when we get some injuries. Granted, not many teams lose both their halfbacks, we certainly haven't had it easy, but the coach has made some odd choices and this has been going on for some time now. Someone on here said it best, we've been winning in spite of Sheens' selections and player shuffling.

The goal kicking issue, which has been going on since Hodgo left, just adds to the problem.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:43 am

Moltzen wasn't our halfback though.

In hindsight Sheens uses it as an excuse because it is convenient but Robert Lui was his first choice halfback and Moltzen his first choice fullback.

Changing the facts of the past to suit his current predicament is classic Sheens
Image

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:00 pm

Sheens has done the same things for the past five years and therefore we get the same results.

When you consistently make the same mistakes, the end result is the same. It is not rocket science.

I've said for a while that the place needs a breath of fresh air, we need a change.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17503
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 1:01 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Sheens has done the same things for the past five years and therefore we get the same results.

When you consistently make the same mistakes, the end result is the same. It is not rocket science.

I've said for a while that the place needs a breath of fresh air, we need a change.
One would argue that happens in the boardroom as well as the coaches box...
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28935
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 1:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Sheens has done the same things for the past five years and therefore we get the same results.

When you consistently make the same mistakes, the end result is the same. It is not rocket science.

I've said for a while that the place needs a breath of fresh air, we need a change.
One would argue that happens in the boardroom as well as the coaches box...
I think you may be onto something.....

Another 2 Year extention when Wests Tigers make the finals....Hmmmm....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 1:53 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Sheens has done the same things for the past five years and therefore we get the same results.

When you consistently make the same mistakes, the end result is the same. It is not rocket science.

I've said for a while that the place needs a breath of fresh air, we need a change.
One would argue that happens in the boardroom as well as the coaches box...
The board would have to decide on a new structure and open it's doors to Private Enterprise before some of the old buggers would be moved against. The only other way is through the individual football clubs which would take years of campaigning...

I wouldn't be surprised that one side of the board wants him gone, so the other refuses to be dictated to, and pushes to have him retained....

This is usually the problem with most football clubs, never mind one which is formed by two boards...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 3:52 pm

Also this crap of him having a clause to go if we miss the semis this year.
What a load of bollocks....it will by then be too late to find
someone else....retention and recruitment hangs on what
he does as well....he has the joint by the balls.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28935
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 4:02 pm

Sheens is the master....You sound surprised.......

Tim is at the Wests Tigers until he decides he has had enough.......reality.....

2013....10 Years
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post Reply