ron burgandy

Re: im over ayshford

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:06 pm

he could of played today

Torbizlo

Post by Torbizlo » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:20 pm

willow wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:
Alf Duguid wrote:Does Beau Ryan play footy? I thought he was a media personality
yeh wtf is going on with ryan - he's investing alot of time with media opportunities, doesn't show even an inkling of injury, all the whilst our wing spot is being trampled all over :roll:
He had nerve damage in his neck/shoulder. Not the easiest injury to treat and it wipes him out of doing contact work.
you dont have to make tackles, defuse bombs, take hit ups when attending to media committments. with even the slightest of injuries, if you do not recover properly, you will almost certainly aggrivate it when playing a rough contact sport. so just because ryan is going media stuff, that should not mean he is fit to play.

on ayshford. he is getting better in attack every game he plays. i get worried with his carry in 1 hand though. he needs to put in more work into his defence and maybe a bit more agression instead of just snatching at an attacker.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:21 pm

dont know about blake not having pace..with all due respect he is a good runner. its his ability to turn around that makes him look slow. he always seems to break through the first defender with his hand free looking for an offload but no one is there to take it. it may be a case of the supporting players making him look worse.

angeman

Post by angeman » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:07 am

i think ayshford has the goods in attack. defending is a concern though... phil gould said he doesn't think ayshford has the upper body strength to deal with playing centre. well, why not? he's been in the system for a few years now? or has he been injured during the off-season???

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:27 am

There does seem to be an issue defensively.

Alot of that is Blakes issue. However has it escaped everyones attention that Marshall has been defending on the right since Luis last injury? I think people underestimate how bad a defender Marshall can make a centre look. Mith Moltzen and Lui Ayshford defended one further in as well. Those combinations worked well. Amazing how a relatively inexperienced Ayshford with Marshall defensing next to him looks just as bad at times as an inexperienced Lawrence did in the same predicament

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:29 am

We have bigger issues to deal with regarding selections than Blake.
He certainly has lost some speed but defensively "at times" he can produce some solid tackles.
Best judged as a 70/30 player.
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:54 am

If Ellis comes back into the team this week, I would suggest that Fulton plays in Blakes position.

He is a better defender, seems faster and has better ball skills.

Sorry Blake, you need some time in the reggies to work on your defensive deficiencies.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 9:14 am

Is in the 'in' crowd at the tigers so he has a safe spot for his career.

Has been terrible this year and should have been sacked along with fitzhenry ages ago

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 9:16 am

willow wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:
Alf Duguid wrote:Does Beau Ryan play footy? I thought he was a media personality
yeh wtf is going on with ryan - he's investing alot of time with media opportunities, doesn't show even an inkling of injury, all the whilst our wing spot is being trampled all over :roll:
He had nerve damage in his neck/shoulder. Not the easiest injury to treat and it wipes him out of doing contact work.

But allows you to dodge fruit and other objects from certain team mates. Doesn't wash with me

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 9:38 am

ron burgandy wrote:he could of played today
No, He couldnt have!!!