Watmough rattles Tiger's cage

joe's magpies

Watmough rattles Tiger's cage

Post by joe's magpies » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 7:44 am

Watmough rattles Tiger's cage GLENN JACKSON
July 27, 2010

WESTS Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys instructed Manly second-rower Anthony Watmough to ''stick to footy'' after the Sea Eagles hardman inflamed tensions between the clubs by claiming Robbie Farah should ''get some brain scans'' after his concussion.

Tigers doctor Donald Kuah yesterday stopped Farah from training until tomorrow after the captain suffered concussion from a hit by Manly centre Steve Matai on Sunday.

Sea Eagles players suggested the Tigers rake had taken a dive.

While Farah, who was disappointed at being called a diver, said last night he was still confident of playing against Cronulla on Saturday night at Leichhardt Oval, Kuah said he remained in doubt after neuropsychiatric tests yesterday.

It didn't stop Manly players continuing to taunt Farah yesterday. Watmough told Sky Sports Radio: ''I didn't think there was too much in it, but I asked him after the game and he said he was pretty rattled from it … geez, he might have to go get some brain scans if he's rattled like that because he might have a few problems there … it looked like it only clipped him.''

That led to a mind-your-own-business reaction from Humphreys, who said: ''Anthony would be advised to stick to footy, which he does very well. Robbie was clearly showing the effects of the knock. He was physically ill as a result - he was vomiting in the sheds. What can look pretty innocuous can prove to be something more.''

Farah was suffering headaches and head spins yesterday before undergoing the tests, which range from memory tests to balancing drills and mathematical equations. He did not train at all yesterday and was advised by Kuah to take part in very limited training today.

''We'll review where he's at come Wednesday,'' Kuah said. ''We have a concussion protocol that we go through. There's a level of doubt, but five days is a long time in football.''

The NRL's match review committee did not punish Matai for the initial hit on Farah or the firm slap on the shoulder which followed his treatment. Match review commissioner Greg McCallum said Matai was judged to have been attempting to knock the ball down when he made contact with Farah.

''We felt he had no case to answer,'' McCallum said.

He said the panel also decided against punishing Matai further for giving Farah a heavy pat on the shoulder while he was being treated because the Manly player had already been sin-binned. He conceded that Matai's actions were ''inappropriate for a professional player''.

''What he did was inflame the situation,'' McCallum said. ''We spoke to the referee about it - he saw his actions as inflammatory but it wasn't viewed by us as being serious enough to charge him.''

That said, Farah's manager Sam Ayoub said Matai overstepped the mark. ''I don't think it's up to players to judge injuries, and it's certainly not up to opposition players to go and touch injured players while they're being treated by the medics,'' Ayoub said.

''You only needed to look at [Tigers trainer] Andrew Leeds's reaction … If it was a back or spinal injury, you wouldn't expect him to touch him. When somebody's concussed, it should be exactly the same.''

What an idiot. You can see the dropkick has no brains. Pretty much sums up the whole of the womanly team.

coop

Post by coop » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 8:03 am

I would really like us to get into form before the semis and get them week 1.

I really, really hate losing to Manly...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 8:13 am

I hate Manly and they have the players to make you hate them even more. Watmough and Matai are two of the biggest grubs in the game.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 8:30 am

My understanding is that Matai doesn't have too many friends at Manly. With exception of Watmough and Stewart, apparently the majority of the players and trainers want him gone...

His behavior on Sunday is nothing new to his own players??!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 8:39 am

Funny that Watmough claims Farah needs brain scans. This coming from the game's No 1 Meathead, who would have one (maybe two at a pinch) brain cells

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 11:01 am

Surprised that shaved ape can summon enough intelligence to string that many words together into a coherent sentence.

Robbie may have taken a dive in Choc's opinion, but at least Robbie doesn't get on the sauce and smack sponsors and
degrade their daughters in front of them. Farah has class in spades and has more decorum in his little toe than Watmough could ever conjure throughout his entire life.

P.S: Am I the only one who thinks his head literally looks like a cube?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 1:02 pm

Watmough should stick to what he does best, beating women.

He's a grub and a pig.

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm suprised watmough had the wontons to attack a male player as his form only suggests that he likes to attack women, or randoms while chemically imbalanced and off his tree on goofballs.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 5:48 pm

guys give anthony a break....he took a severe beating for mouthing off to people early this year and is still suffering the effects....borat calls it funny retardation.....

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 5:53 pm

Matai, Watmough, Stewart are all great players.

They also proved on Sunday that they are dirty filthy grubs with absolutley zero class. I'm glad we still have the chance for revenge on this mob, they gave us a pretty severe touching up and some of them still feel the need to sledge us post game.

Hopefully we'll have a full side next time we meet, and we settle the score.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 9:06 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Surprised that shaved ape can summon enough intelligence to string that many words together into a coherent sentence.

Robbie may have taken a dive in Choc's opinion, but at least Robbie doesn't get on the sauce and smack sponsors and
degrade their daughters in front of them. Farah has class in spades and has more decorum in his little toe than Watmough could ever conjure throughout his entire life.

P.S: Am I the only one who thinks his head literally looks like a cube?

Robbie Farah has more substance in his thumbnail than a pond dweller like Watmough. Check this bonehead's track record, which includes abusing sponsor's daughters and then wanting to belt them, his sordid trail of family violence and AVO's, as well as a host of other indiscretions. Why wasn't he cited for the high shot on Brown? How can the referee stand there and share a joke with the lowlife while Brown is being treated? What goes around comes around and when it comes around for Watmough I hope it's memorable

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 1:21 pm

We all know Watmough is a goose and an innocuous, off-the-cuff comment shouldn't get anybody too emotional. What's more of a concern is the fact the media focused on the 'dive' and not on Matai clearly pushing a player while he was being treated for an injury.

Reports also ignore the fact Robbie went MIA after the hit and it was downhill for Tigers from then on in.

On a side note, it was great to see Heighington fire up at Matai. I love him.

coop

Post by coop » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 3:12 pm

It's a pity they won the GF a couple of years ago. It would have been nice for Watmough to remember his only GF appearance included 15 missed tackles...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 3:57 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:Funny that Watmough claims Farah needs brain scans. This coming from the game's No 1 Meathead, who would have one (maybe two at a pinch) brain cells
"Haw haw haw me like rellow ..purty"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 3:59 pm

The look on his face is priceless there ink, he looks like a total goose.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 4:22 pm

It's his DNA....Freakish...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 4:54 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:My understanding is that Matai doesn't have too many friends at Manly. With exception of Watmough and Stewart, apparently the majority of the players and trainers want him gone...

His behavior on Sunday is nothing new to his own players??!!!
What a great threesome ....a grub, a crosseyed women beater, and a rapist.....on ya Manly

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 7:21 am

WE'RE loving the feud between Manly and Wests Tigers and can only hope the next bloody chapter in the Silvertails-Fibro war unfolds in September.

This might spice things up even more: Sea Eagles players have given Tigers skipper Robbie Farah an unflattering new nickname after Sunday's spiteful clash in Gosford - Paul Briggs.

Believing Farah had taken a dive to earn a penalty from Steve Matai's challenge, several Manly players spent the rest of the match calling the star rake "Briggsy" - after the embarrassed boxer who was knocked-out by an innocuous-looking Danny Green punch four nights earlier.

Farah maintains he was left violently ill at halftime and with no recollection of the incident. An ultra-fierce competitor, he'll be furious to learn of Manly's barbs.

Bring on the re-match.

So if they want to go down that road well bring it on. I hope we meet these losers in the semi's.