Is Daniella a better option in the centres than Ayshford??

simonthetiger

Is Daniella a better option in the centres than Ayshford??

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 6:53 pm

Ive been a fan of Ayshford since day one,but I must admit Im getting a little frazzled with his form.

Atm the moments its a little rocks or diamonds.

I think he is dangerous out wide,but he seems to be missing the critical pass moment and killing try scoring opportunites.

In defense he is reading them ok,but a couple of times a game he is grabbing high at players and has been found out badly.A couple of big misses have led to soft tries lately.

Now........re Daniella,IMO he has a wonderful tackling style,that game against the Titans he was chopping their legs off and making great reads.

With the ball in hand he looks a lot faster and lighter on his feet.

IMO.......even though Blake has been our centre for a while,and has done a good job,I think Daniella is a superior player in the centres.

Id be very happy with a swap for them,Ayshford the 14,and Daniella to centre.

Thoughts???
Last edited by simonthetiger on Wed 28 Jul, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 6:56 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Ive been a fan of Ayshford since day one,but I must admit Im getting a little frazzled with his form.

Atm the moments its a little rocks or diamonds.

I think he is dangerous out wide,but he seems to be missing the critical pass moment and killing try scoring opportunites.

In defense he is reading them ok,but a couple of times a game he is grabbing high at players and has been found out badly.A couple of big misses have led to soft tries lately.

Now........re Daniella,IMO he has a wonderful tackling style,that game against the Titans he was chopping their legs off and making great reads.

With the ball in hand he looks a lot faster and lighter on his feet.

IMO.......even though Blake has been our centre for a while,and has done a good job,I think Daniella is a superior player in the centres.

Id be very happy with a swap for them,Ayshford the 14,and Daniella to centre.

Thoughts???
Agree exactly :o

willow

Post by willow » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:01 pm

There's some merit to what you're saying Simon, although to be honest I reckon Daniela has just as many clangers in him as Ayshford. Daniela can also come up with some bad misses in defence, but when he hits them around the legs he does chop them down fairly well. Ayshford also comes up with some good one on one tackles, but it's the nature of his misses which have been so bad, it's only been 1 each match against the Cows and Manly, but he's had every chance to make the hit but has been left clutching at thin air, which suggests either bad reading, or he's hanging off and just not committing himself as he should.

As far as attack goes, Daniela has Ayshford covered for speed and footwork, although Ayshford has that knack for carrying a couple of defenders and poking his head through the line a bit.

At the end of the day, if Daniela got the nod, I wouldn't be disappointed, and it might be the thing Blake needs to get his game back on track.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:04 pm

Blake is great at poking his head though the line as you say,but he just isnt drawing/passing to a player as much as I'd like.

When he holds the ball in one and and makes these half breaks we look sure to move downfield but he seems to die with it more than not.

When we do score down that side its when he goes himself,havent seen to many go from him to a pass and then try.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:12 pm

I have been saying this for a while now.

Aside from the defensive issues, I think the most frustrating part of Ayshford's play is his inability to put his winger away. I also think Daniella has better footwork at the line.

In saying that I believe Beau Ryan is superior to either at centre.

I would be happy with Daniella on the wing and Ryan in the centres.

I really believe Ayshford's real futue lies as the utility for the team. He can play backrow, lock, five-eighth, centre and suppose wing is not beyond him.

Ayshford will replace Fitzy as our permanent 17 ;)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:20 pm

Seems lots of us are all seeing the same things with Blake
Agree not too fussed if GD nabs his spot, wont happen though unless Blakes injured

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:25 pm

bbobb wrote:I have been saying this for a while now.

Aside from the defensive issues, I think the most frustrating part of Ayshford's play is his inability to put his winger away. I also think Daniella has better footwork at the line.

In saying that I believe Beau Ryan is superior to either at centre.

I would be happy with Daniella on the wing and Ryan in the centres.

I really believe Ayshford's real futue lies as the utility for the team. He can play backrow, lock, five-eighth, centre and suppose wing is not beyond him.

Ayshford will replace Fitzy as our permanent 17 ;)
Ayshford would be a good option for 17.... Even if we don't change a Back, he could still be used as a backrower.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah lets persist with the midget pack theory....he still has a lot of growing to do before hes ready for that

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 8:54 pm

he is a lock in waiting IMO....maybe another 12 months away...daniella,brown or ryan are better options then blake in the centres

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 9:15 pm

yes.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 9:35 pm

I dont have a problem with Ayshford, believe he will be a great lock one day. However I just think that from what Daniella has shown so far he looks like a gun with his light stepping, fancy footwork and has made some great tackles. Id pick Daniella but dont think that Sheens would drop Ayshford..

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 9:44 pm

I rate Ayshford as well......he is def a keeper.

Its just that Daniella looks to be a better defender,technically at least,and looks way sharper on his feet.

I think Sheens will stay loyal to Blake,but Im just putting it out there that I think Daniella could be our Jennings type player.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:14 pm

I suggested this after the game against Manly last week in Willow's match review thread before being shot down by 'Tiger Tigers' saying Daniella is not a F/G footballer let alone a centre.. With Ryan back hopefully Ayshford and Ryan gel back together again quickly. Im also all for giving Brown a gig at F/B if Wade McKinnon doesn't come up. Leave Ryan out on the wing, & leave Fitzy out.
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:15 pm

Daniela is a mile better then ayshford in attack and especially defence

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:16 pm

Daniela has done more in his little game time this season than Ayshford has... ever!

He should be starting... but look... THANK GOD FITZY AINT IN THE SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Agitator

Post by Agitator » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't often post things on here but when I do I try and add something of worth…....and after reading some of the posts above I get the feeling that if we are not careful here we may unintentionally turn young Blake into the new "Fitzy" of the forum.

I will concede that Daniela is a great player and has done enough (and arguably more) to be named in our run on team. However, perhaps Sheens is giving Blake one last chance this weekend to allow him to hit some sort of form against a perceived weaker team. If he fails to do the little things right or show his class this weekend, then I have no doubt we will see Daniela starting in the centers before the season is out.

Sheens may be a little slow on the uptake at times, but he is still smart, loyal and respected - three things we should not forget.
Agitator
"Enough Said"

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 11:41 pm

Completely agree Simon, Daniela is far more dangerous in attack and his defence is probably a little better too. Can miss them, but seems to read the play quite well and often comes out of the line and nails the ball carrier. Has a good technique as well, which Ayshford does not (shirt grabber).

Ayshford IMO has no class at all about him, just my opinion.

tigerman

Post by tigerman » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 11:52 pm

Ayshford has been leaking trys to the opposition all year,time and experience will fix his problems in defence similar to what Lawerence went through early in his career,it may benefit Blake more to learn his trade in the lower grade.i prefer either Daniella or Nu Akeripa in the centres than Blake at the moment.