If thats the best we've got...

NZTiger

Re: If thats the best we've got...

Post by NZTiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:34 pm

Yep, let's put that behind us and look to improve v Rabbits. Another must win game. What game from here on on isn't though? Lol
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:36 pm

It was a typical sharks game, a nigglethon and that did not suit our style. In saying that I think our form this year is down on last year and we have been ever so lucky to get to 28 points and probably will not trouble the scorers come September. Our forwards just dont have the size and power and we really dont have a no7

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:05 pm

senexx wrote:1. Ryan and Ellis will be better for the run
2. Lote and Lawry always come too far in off their side.
3. Fulton was GREAT! Man of the Match for mine
4. Work under the high ball needs to be desperately done
5. Rather than have Marshall abandon the kicking altogether (possibly to his psychological detriment), alternate the kicking with Lawrence or whomever
6. Let Lui know whether he is supposed to play half or five eighth
7. With McKinnon out, Ryan should be fullback, he has shown he's a gun there.
8. No rest for the squad this week. Train all week, the only rest is maybe a day before the game.
9. The main referee in this game was whistle happy for pretty trivial things for the most part

agreed. i also think mckinnon does help organise the defence a bit more so will be happy to see him back. plus he's much safer under the hgih ball...

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:20 pm

TIGER wrote:PATHETIC is all i have to say Cronulla scored 22 points against us and we think we are a contender. We're dreaming
I know what you mean and totally agree. However giving them some credit, they flogged the Roosters a few weeks back and beat the Eels twice this year and both those team will say they are contenders. But like you say, we shouldn't be giving up 22 points to them at LO. They struggle to get past 12 most weeks.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:38 pm

I just dont understand what is doing in tiger town, with the side we have on paper we should be performing better than a 2 point win against the sharks. a side with marshall, lawrence, farah, tuqiri, ellis, heighington etc should be performing better than that. What is doing in tiger town?

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:48 pm

it was a struggle tonight, and we were pretty ordinary for much of the game. the refereeing didn't help either side - too many penalties (and some just plain weird decisions both ways) making it a real stop and start affair. neither team was able to get into a rhythm.
i can't give up hope though. the next 5 weeks will be telling. we will have to up the anti as we will not beat any of Souths, Penrith, Parra, Melbourne or the Gold Coast unless we improve. Always the optimist, I think we will improve.
Robbie looked like he was still concussed tonight, slow and indecisive. He can only improve, and will have to.
We need Wayde at the back, and we need to put in a mountain of work on defusing kicks - Penrith will have a field day in 2 weeks time if we don't.
Ellis will be better for the run. I think i'd have Gibbs in my starting line up.
I thought Lui got more involved tonight compared to last week, and was working better with Benji. Hoping that's gets better next week.
Thankfully the bunnies should be missing Sam Burgess and Dave Taylor.
We've got 5 weeks to regain our form and hit the semis running hot. Fingers crossed. I'm still happier sitting in 4th on current form then sitting in 8th or 9th and thinking we've gotta win 4 from 5 to make it.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 12:35 pm

If you think we are contenders watch the Roosters smash the eels we are no hope ....out the first week of the finals one positive we made the finals ! :sign:

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 2:02 pm

pacey wrote:Im telling you that if we dont get moltz back by the finals we will lose first 2 games

Unfortunately, I don't think Moltz is gonna be our savior this season, he won't be fit in time for the finals and coming off such an injury will mean he needs a good off-season to get back to his best. Instead of risking him this season, we should preserve him for next season and let him sort his problem out.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE