If thats the best we've got...

beachtiger

If thats the best we've got...

Post by beachtiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:28 pm

...we are in a world of trouble!!

Sure the Sharks played ok tonight but lets put things into perspective, we havent made the semis in years, sitting in a good position on the ladder and potentially a home semi final up for grabs, even for and against and with some pride to restore after a poor effort last week!!

We had plenty to play for tonight and the boys only just scrapped through. I hope we start to find our straps soon because we could be looking at a short stint in the finals series otherwise.

We are such a better team than what we are seeing at the moment, arent we, or am I just being biased to the team that I love!!

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:31 pm

Nope you're bang on. I'm hoping when Wade returns it sparks something in our 2nd phase attack.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:32 pm

no you aren't being biased, we should be a lot better than that, which is the most frustrating part. Things would be a little better if we knew how to diffuse kicks.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

We really missed Wade tonight, he has fitted in well and I can't wait to see what he does with our team with a full off-season behind him and some good combintations formed.

tiger_fan_#1

Post by tiger_fan_#1 » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:36 pm

beachtiger wrote:We really missed Wade tonight, he has fitted in well and I can't wait to see what he does with our team with a full off-season behind him and some good combintations formed.
hopefully with Moltzen at half, Lui is still young but in my opinon we have more options available when Motz is at half...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't think that getting Wade back will automatically improve us. I think it is more that the team overall has to lift a gear or two.

I think that Ellis, Lote & Ryan were all not up to their usual standard tonight.

We still have some trouble getting Benji and Robbie playing consistently well. Benji I thought was our best player tonight and Robbie was good but they have to play well consistently.

On the +ve Fulton is becoming a gun. I didn't want him in the team this year as I thought we had better options but he is killing it. Fulton is now one of our best runners of the footy and imo an automatic pick.

We won when we shouldn't (the double movement was a try) and we need to get a lot better but at the end of the day we won and if some players get up to the level they are capable of we can give the finals a good shake.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:41 pm

That looked like the fight for the wooden spoon. My thread would have said something about the Tigers being cr-p. Hopeless - no energy. The defensive side with Lui, Lawrence and Lote shocking. No goalkicker. No-one wanting the fast play the ball. Farah M.I.A...........the list goes on. Probs make the 8 (just) but that's it. The fat lady is on stage and the band is warming up.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:45 pm

Agreed, we had a number of chances to wrap the game up early in the second half and couldn't do so which all comes back to the fact our execution is poor. Then we let the worst attacking team in comp blitz our line on 2-3 occasions (our defense still has holes in it), if we find ourselves in the same position against a genuine top eight team, we will get run down. Souths have scored the most tries in the NRL, if we don't fix our defense the result could be similar to last time we played them. From here on in, we've got no easy games left, so we're gonna have to really put in if we're to have a home semi.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:47 pm

tiger05 wrote:I don't think that getting Wade back will automatically improve us. I think it is more that the team overall has to lift a gear or two.

I think that Ellis, Lote & Ryan were all not up to their usual standard tonight.

We still have some trouble getting Benji and Robbie playing consistently well. Benji I thought was our best player tonight and Robbie was good but they have to play well consistently.

On the +ve Fulton is becoming a gun. I didn't want him in the team this year as I thought we had better options but he is killing it. Fulton is now one of our best runners of the footy and imo an automatic pick.

We won when we shouldn't (the double movement was a try) and we need to get a lot better but at the end of the day we won and if some players get up to the level they are capable of we can give the finals a good shake.
Totally agree about Wade not being the solution but in my opinion Brown wasnt too good at the back tonight, was ok in patches but anytime that the coach feels the need to change the winger and fullback throughout a game something aint right back there.

Im with you re: Fulton as well, I wasnt happy we got him back from the UK but Im always happy to admit when Im wrong, he is killing it at the moment and I just hope the rest of the team starts to kick into gear soon cause if we can then we are a real threat, otherwise we are just also-rans.

pacey

Post by pacey » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:49 pm

Im telling you that if we dont get moltz back by the finals we will lose first 2 games

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:54 pm

The sharks were robbed, we lost that game...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:55 pm

PATHETIC is all i have to say Cronulla scored 22 points against us and we think we are a contender. We're dreaming

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:56 pm

1. Ryan and Ellis will be better for the run
2. Lote and Lawry always come too far in off their side.
3. Fulton was GREAT! Man of the Match for mine
4. Work under the high ball needs to be desperately done
5. Rather than have Marshall abandon the kicking altogether (possibly to his psychological detriment), alternate the kicking with Lawrence or whomever
6. Let Lui know whether he is supposed to play half or five eighth
7. With McKinnon out, Ryan should be fullback, he has shown he's a gun there.
8. No rest for the squad this week. Train all week, the only rest is maybe a day before the game.
9. The main referee in this game was whistle happy for pretty trivial things for the most part
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Regan

Post by Regan » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:57 pm

I when i watched the team play i feel like i am watching the cronulla team from 2008 made the semis and lost the first two ... do you think they have been putting to much in to the D at training and not doing to much with the attack because we wont win to much if the attack does not come back ..are we watching and old steve folkes trained team or a ricky stuart sharks team because its hard to see the Tigers at the moment .........

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:03 pm

senexx wrote:1. Ryan and Ellis will be better for the run
2. Lote and Lawry always come too far in off their side.
3. Fulton was GREAT! Man of the Match for mine
4. Work under the high ball needs to be desperately done
5. Rather than have Marshall abandon the kicking altogether (possibly to his psychological detriment), alternate the kicking with Lawrence or whomever
6. Let Lui know whether he is supposed to play half or five eighth
7. With McKinnon out, Ryan should be fullback, he has shown he's a gun there.
8. No rest for the squad this week. Train all week, the only rest is maybe a day before the game.
9. The main referee in this game was whistle happy for pretty trivial things for the most part
Agree on all counts Senexx, I'd also add that Robbie seems out of form again. He was caught with the ball quite a few times tonight from dummy half.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:11 pm

whilst it was a scrappy game, and sure there is room for improvement. :P
the overall objective was achieved, getting the two points. :wahoo:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

redemption

Post by redemption » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:27 pm

pacey wrote:Im telling you that if we dont get moltz back by the finals we will lose first 2 games
and Moltz' s injury was caused by Sheens ???

murr40

Post by murr40 » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:32 pm

well lets be honest,that is the best we've got and it isnt going to get much better,this side WILL NOT WIN THE COMP,just dont have the forwards to win it,and anyone who thinks we do u are kidding yourself,i will give anybody any odds u want,it wont happen,get the rose coloured glass's off guys we are a very average football side,had lots of luck and yes we didnt get it last year,but in the end u need more that luck in the big ones.any takers...u should all :pray: because we need it.