Pomeroys no try

westTAHger

Re: Pomeroys no try

Post by westTAHger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:28 am

ref made the decision, and that is the one the players have to abide by, whether they like it or not.
wests-tigers were under pressure at the time, am not going to deny I am glad we got the penalty. :D
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:33 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:The referees were awful last night, bad calls went both ways and this was the worst of a bad bunch. In reality, Gibbs should of been penalised for coming in late after the tackle was called held.

End of story.
All the commentators also share this view.
Another set there I think we'd have been lucky to hold them out...we got fortunate.

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:39 am

underdog wrote:didn't the ref call held? and judging from what i heard on the replay when i rewinded i heard a held call at about the same time gibbs came in for the tackle. 100% agree with the decision. In fact, the refs and the touchies were really quite good this evening. Lol at Blake Ferguson cracking it at the touchie, then seeing it on the big screen where his foot went into touch...

don't listen to the rubbish that the fox sports commentators tell you about being flabbergasted by the decision, they NEVER EVER seem to be watching the same game,

Case in point - They were swearing black and blue that gallen didn't knock on in that dodgy try to collis, where as when they went back to gordy, freeman, douchbag, and pearce after the game they took the p**s out of the decision (gordy saying he "didn't knock on" when the ball went stright through his fingers was gold)
The ref called held and then Gibbs came in late to try and put Pomeroy down to the ground, after the call of held, then in doing that Pomeroy's momentum propelled him over the line. Should of been a try we were dam lucky today IMO... terrible display by the boys need to work on our diffusion of Bombs ASAP

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:40 am

Keeping in my mind that 3 of Cronulla's 4 tries were off bombs that bounced of hands,that we had two tries dissallowed,and we could barely kick a goal again.

I think Cronulla were fortunate to be as close to us as they were.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 11:15 am

tiger tigers wrote:ink thats rugby league in a nutshell.. 10 people can watch the game and have 10 diferent views on the game ....it probably could have been called a try , but it wasnt ....
No...shouldnt have been a try if he called held as he did.
But youre right....even the refs cant agree....I hear harrigan on 2SM on Mondays, they get all refs opinions of controversial issues after the games...often they get varying interpretations.
Its like us here.....some like to actually break the game down and analyze it - we get criticized because we look at positives and negatives...other are just satisfied with the result and nothing more.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 12:21 pm

Ref's call HELD a lot...It happened to Robert Lui and Snowden charged third man in to put him down.....No Penalty...

Gibbs did the same thing ....Wests Tigers then let him go and he surged to the line....Penalty Tigers....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 12:39 pm

Should have been a sharks penalty at the least...the fact we got the call was laughable...

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:03 pm

I didn't see the game but i'm hearing a lot of criticism over the refs on both sides. On this particular play no doubts he got the call wrong there. Okay it wasn't a try but it certainly wasn't a penalty to us. I've never been a fan of Robinson. I'm actually glad i didn't get to see the game.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:48 pm

Geo. wrote:Ref's call HELD a lot...It happened to Robert Lui and Snowden charged third man in to put him down.....No Penalty...

Gibbs did the same thing ....Wests Tigers then let him go and he surged to the line....Penalty Tigers....
:lol: thats very biased mate....and wrong.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:50 pm

im happy it was a no try,that what he gets for trying to injure Lui earlier on :P

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 5:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:
prattenpark wrote:The ref called held Insane one, therefore no try. I was a little bemused at a double movement penalty though. I thought he would/should have made him play the ball. But the ref was obviously of the view that Pomeroy went on with it after the held call and therefore penalised. Just one of a bunch of odd decisions throughout the night, IMO. You play the crap teams you get the crap refs. I don't think I'd cope with those guys refereeing us week in week out.
Im not saying it shouldve been a try.
Yes i know he called held.
Then Gibbs comes in further into the tackle after the held call....slowing the play the ball
I wouldve thought he'd be penalised, he pushed pomeroy into the in goal. All of a sudden hes above the line, I'd plonk the ball down too.
The ref got it wrong
Some here dont know the rules. First infringement (Gibbs)
Why bother starting a thread and asking a question if you already have all the answers?

It is just your opinion that Gibbs made the first infringement. As I said, the ref was obviously of the view that Pomeroy went on with it and he penalised him for it. He has the whistle, so his opinion is worth a lot more than yours.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 5:43 pm

yeah it was a no try when the ref called held the other tacklers released and at the same time bryce came in surging pomeroy to the line....he still reached out for the try though which after bing called held constitutes a double movement thats why it was a penalty......

but the sharks also got 2 tries that shouldnt of been tries aswell....so it goes both ways....even more so in the sharks favor last night

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 5:46 pm

Geo. wrote:Ref's call HELD a lot...It happened to Robert Lui and Snowden charged third man in to put him down.....No Penalty...

x2 Exactly how I saw it.

Gibbs came in just as the ref called "Held" (Simultaneously which = no penalty), after hearing the call, the players dropped off and thats when Pomeroy reached out.
Once held is called, the tackle is completed, therefore reaching out to score a try is deemed a double movement, just like when a player reaches out while on the ground, which is what the ref explained.

Correct decision.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:26 pm

the ref called held and good ol meathead gibbs started driving them toward our line (?wth) 50/50 between sharks penalty or our penalty.. could never see it been a try though.
tigers!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:20 pm

stryker wrote:

:lol: thats very biased mate....and wrong.
No...Noooo...I'm pretty sure Wests Tigers got the Penalty...

As for bias..... :lol:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Nix

Post by Nix » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 2:52 pm

izotope wrote:the ref called held and good ol meathead gibbs started driving them toward our line
thus resulting in what should have been a penalty to Sharks.

Izotope you got it right their, Gibbs is a meat head, nearly every game he gives away stupid penalties that result in points against WT.

Sheens must see something in him that I don't, 'cause for mine the only time I even realise he's on the field is when he's given away yet another penalty which is with regular monotony and at the most inopportune moment.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 3:26 pm

Nix wrote:
izotope wrote:the ref called held and good ol meathead gibbs started driving them toward our line
thus resulting in what should have been a penalty to Sharks.

Izotope you got it right their, Gibbs is a meat head, nearly every game he gives away stupid penalties that result in points against WT.

Sheens must see something in him that I don't, 'cause for mine the only time I even realise he's on the field is when he's given away yet another penalty which is with regular monotony and at the most inopportune moment.
This isn't a Gibbs thread but you must be watching a different game than me or it must be someone else in his jumper making a stack of important tackles every week.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 3:36 pm

pint of bothered please

we won they lost....bring on the Bunnies. All that matters we got the points, past years we have been the Sharks playing good footy, losing and nothing to look forward to past September...we survive to fight on and get better..which we will :lol:

:sign: