Liam Fulton..

Geo.

Liam Fulton..

Post by Geo. » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 9:59 am

Too small for a backrower...

Offers Little....

We can't have him...*insert other player in the same team...

Well IMO Fulton is the first bloke picked.....

Great game as usual from Liam...Bravo...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

bob56

Post by bob56 » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:03 am

Did you watch Fox's "after match", they even gave him a wrap.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:09 am

I must admit that I cannot believe the antipathy towards Liam on here.

IMO he is a beast.

Tackles his bum off,runs great lines of Bunji.

This kid is UNREAL!!!

What a great backrow we have!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:14 am

His stint in England did him the world of good.

Our second row picks itself every week.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:17 am

Geo. wrote:Too small for a backrower...

Offers Little....

We can't have him...*insert other player in the same team...

Well IMO Fulton is the first bloke picked.....

Great game as usual from Liam...Bravo...

Yeah and Sheens would pick the team captain 2nd.. :lol:
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 10:52 am

Would still like to see him playing a traditional lock role and having a ball playing roll in the side to give Wests another attacking option on the edges. I still believe his ability is not being utilised to its full extent. He is a valuable asset to the Tigers in both facets. He's doing a great job as Marshall's minder in defence and by gosh he can run a good line
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

MGB

Post by MGB » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 4:45 pm

Fulton's a gun, we are always a better side when he is playing.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:08 pm

Gobbs wrote:Would still like to see him playing a traditional lock role and having a ball playing roll in the side to give Wests another attacking option on the edges. I still believe his ability is not being utilised to its full extent. He is a valuable asset to the Tigers in both facets. He's doing a great job as Marshall's minder in defence and by gosh he can run a good line
This has been a common comment since he came into grade. Imo it is not on the money at all. He runs good lines. He is a player who knows how to hit it up on the fringes and that should be what he does on a regular basis.

I was one of the posters saying that he shouldn't be picked because he didn't suit our team. He has proven me wrong and I would have him in the squad each week. Great defence and a great runner of the ball. He can also make a good pass but his focus should be on running out wide. Him on one side and Ellis on the other.
Last edited by tiger05 on Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:09 pm

hes playing well...nice game tonight....he was ordinary last week though....like the hole running he has introduced to his game....doesnt seem to get bashed up as regulary either.....definatly stepped up the last 6 weeks

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:36 pm

ron burgandy wrote:hes playing well...nice game tonight....he was ordinary last week though....like the hole running he has introduced to his game....doesnt seem to get bashed up as regulary either.....definatly stepped up the last 6 weeks
He was ordinary last week ??? I don`t know what game you were watching, but much the same as this week and two weeks back, Liam was virtually our only player running onto the ball at speed. Funnily enough he did drop a couple of balls last week, you`ll find that will always happen when there is only the one player that is causing the opposition any trouble, he`ll get heavily marked and more than likely come up with a few errors.
Don`t worry about Liam, if we had all our backrowers and centres running onto the ball like he is, we wouldn`t be having any troubles racking up 30+ points per game !

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:51 pm

He really should be halfback.

He's just that good.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:04 pm

I will put my hand up.... When I read we resigned Liam I was quiet baffled and didn't think he would make the cut with players like Ellis and Rhino.

Well after Round 1 against Manly, he was our best Forward on the park, and I ate humble pie... Throughout the year as Liam worked his way through needle gate & niggling injuries, he has become increasingly all important to our Defence, but more surprisingly, Liam's Attack has been great on the edges. We all yell and scream for more size, and make comparisons to Liam with Flanagan, but over the past 2 weeks, Liam is up there with Rhino and Ellis as equal peers.

Let's hope he maintains his form, but more importantly, he has a smart football brain and knows where to be at the right time. I'm really confident with our Backrow and look forward to seeing them carve up teams leading into the finals...
:sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:08 pm

2006 was a total mess and one of the reasons was because Liam was out for the season after his first tackle of the year!

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:08 pm

Liam is a great footballer who could succeed in a variety of positions on the field.

BTW, can anyone offer an explanation of why Liam plays second row and Heighno lock and not the other way around?
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:11 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:Liam is a great footballer who could succeed in a variety of positions on the field.

BTW, can anyone offer an explanation of why Liam plays second row and Heighno lock and not the other way around?
Beacause Liam is faster and a more dangerous attacking player. These days that second rowers play asd old style inside centres, therefore need to be fast and able to cause the defence problems when running the ball. The locks now play like a third prop.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:55 pm

I confess I had my doubts about his comeback, but a year under Nathan Brown actually did him really good. For a man of his size, he hits the line with intensity and has a knack of seeming to find a hole in the defensive line. Defensively, he's good as well. Usually making over 30 tackles a game.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 8:46 pm

Liam has come back a better player and starting to live up to his potential. Great to see.

We need to be a bit selective in how we use him though. He still gets smashed when isolated in attack. But he is a lot stronger than he was 2 years ago.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 8:50 pm

Liam has not come back from England a better player. He is exactly the player he was before he left; it is just that more people are paying attention to what he does, particularly his defence.