Liam Fulton..

southerntiger

Re: Liam Fulton..

Post by southerntiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 8:53 pm

Thats your opinion PP.

Personally, I think he is a better player than he was - hardly surprising since most players are always developing. Importantly, he has a lot better upper body strength which means he is more effective at breaking the line.

I think everyone always recognised he was a top defender.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 9:05 pm

southerntiger wrote:Thats your opinion PP.

Personally, I think he is a better player than he was - hardly surprising since most players are always developing. Importantly, he has a lot better upper body strength which means he is more effective at breaking the line.

I think everyone always recognised he was a top defender.
No no no no no. He still doesn't break the line as as such and he never will; he runs into gaps - the way he has for years.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 9:09 pm

PP yes he is a good hole runner no doubt but now he is able to shrug of the defence as well. He is a far more damaging runner than he was.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 5:56 am

He is a very good player, in my opinion he has always been a very good player. He is a fantastic defender and makes so many important tackles/reads in defence.

I think he has a great football brain and instinctively knows were to be on the field in both defence and attack.

He will never represent NSW, not the type of player they pick. If he was a Queenslander he would have a much better chance as they go for the Dallas Johnson/ Ashley Harrision type of player. I think Liam could be better than both of these guys.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 6:19 am

Vicious wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:Liam is a great footballer who could succeed in a variety of positions on the field.

BTW, can anyone offer an explanation of why Liam plays second row and Heighno lock and not the other way around?
Beacause Liam is faster and a more dangerous attacking player. These days that second rowers play asd old style inside centres, therefore need to be fast and able to cause the defence problems when running the ball. The locks now play like a third prop.
Thanks Viscious.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 7:39 am

We Need Liam. He is our David Stagg. Tackles all day long.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 9:31 am

He is our best backrower:He and Watmouth (and I don't like Manly) are two of the best backrowers going around.They both play a simular game with big defensive plays,hard running and looking to off load to supports.I only wish other players would back up Fulton more and we would see more more effort converted into points.Personally I would play him at lock,and move into the open play more.Anyway thats my 5 cents worth.

:sign: :supporter:
Cheers Poppa

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 9:14 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Liam has not come back from England a better player. He is exactly the player he was before he left; it is just that more people are paying attention to what he does, particularly his defence.
BINGO!

alien

Post by alien » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 3:26 am

Liam has always been a pretty good player but he does look stronger this year.
Poppa wrote:He is our best backrower
Woah lets not go overboard. He is playing very well but so is Ellis and Heighington.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 8:19 am

alien wrote:Liam has always been a pretty good player but he does look stronger this year.
Poppa wrote:He is our best backrower
Woah lets not go overboard. He is playing very well but so is Ellis and Heighington.
Umm.....He is our best backrower....consitantly makes more tackles and has scored more try's and has the most try assists of the 3......in less games...

What more do you want!!!!
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 8:23 am

I'll take Fulton over Heigno, and have him on line ball with Ellis. Ellis is being used wrongly unfortunately, he's a wide running back rower and not a battering ram.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 9:22 am

Poppa wrote:He is our best backrower:He and Watmouth (and I don't like Manly) are two of the best backrowers going around.They both play a simular game with big defensive plays,hard running and looking to off load to supports.I only wish other players would back up Fulton more and we would see more more effort converted into points.Personally I would play him at lock,and move into the open play more.Anyway thats my 5 cents worth.

:sign: :supporter:
Wrong !.. Liam doesnt even compare to Watmough.. Watmough is a class above , he has a step , strength and can offload all day.I dont like Manly either , Liam is a good player but no way close to as good as Watmough.
If Watmough dropped the arrogance and wanted to play for the tigers i would sign him up any day but his a arrogant pig who thinks he is the best. Players like Andrew Ryan are more down to earth.

Liam is good for our club and so are the rest of the boys(we have) but i guess our style of footy is not barging through the line with strength hence when our boys try doing that they get battered and bashed.
We have always known to have a lighter pack in the comp and we still do.Our boys have to work hard to gain meters as they are not hard hitting meter making forwards.
On the subject of Ellis , i dont like what Sheens has done to him , he was a Watmough type of player with offloads when he 1st came over and his offloads were finding support players but since Benji was throwing wild passes to no one Sheens ordered "no silly offloads and more ball security".Let Ellis offload and feed Wade = more tries and line breaks