Key stats from game

willow

Key stats from game

Post by willow » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:32 pm

No match report this week as my seat at the game wasn't in the best position so I can't comment accurately on all the Tigers players, but here are the Tigers player stats:

19. Mitch Brown - 125 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 linebreak, 2 errors.

2. Lote Tuqiri - 61 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 linebreak, 1 offload, 4 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 2 errors.

3. Blake Ayshford - 44 metres in attack, 17 tackles, 4 missed tackles.

4. Chris Lawrence - 106 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 linebreak, 18 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error.

5. Beau Ryan - 70 metres in attack, 7 tackles, 1 offload, 4 tackle breaks, 2 errors.

6. Benji Marshall - 75 metres in attack, 3 try assists, 3 linebreak assists, 10 tackles, 3 missed tackles.

7. Rob Lui - 55 metres in attack, 12 tackles, 3 missed tackles.

8. Todd Payten - 49 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 1 offload, 1 error.

9. Robbie Farah - 46 metres in attack, 2 try assists, 1 linebreak assist, 40 tackles, 2 errors.

10. Keith Galloway - 78 metres in attack, 23 tackles, 1 offload.

11. Liam Fulton - 68 metres in attack, 2 tries, 2 linebreaks, 6 tackle breaks, 1 offload, 39 tackles.

12. Gareth Ellis - 98 metres in attack, 23 tackles, 4 missed tackles.

13. Chris Heighington - 119 metres in attack, 1 offload, 39 tackles.

16. Simon Dwyer - 64 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 3 missed tackles.

17. Bryce Gibbs - 49 metres in attack, 1 offload, 21 tackles.

21. Mark Flanagan - 22 metres in attack, 5 tackles.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:55 pm

thanks anyway willow.
only thing missing is the success rate at goal kicking.
hopefully it gets sorted out, as it may cost the team a game very soon.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 2:51 pm

They don't really make for good reading.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 3:00 pm

Interesting.... The lack of meters gained explains a lot...

Completions and Possession is another stat which is interesting reading...

Cronulla also played above themselves... Oh well, we have been waiting 12 weeks to restore the Pride. This is now our chance!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 4:33 pm

metres gained.... tigers 1129 - sharks 1130
errors....... tigers 10 - sharks 15
missed tackles.... tigers 36 - sharks 25
total tackles..... tigers 298 - sharks 264

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 5:29 pm

still can't catch bombs and still can't kick goals.

finally fitzy gets dropped and the back 3 come up with that.
doesn't take much to see fitzy back out there.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 5:39 pm

off night for the back 3 last night......their tries come from kicks which is a positive defensively....the guysjust need to practice the high ball a bit more......all round weve been pretty good at the back this year

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey Willow, I have previously explained the significance of your reports to my psychological well-being! Look fwd to the report next week.

Barrett's kicking was excellent, but tries from bombs/crossfield lobs etc have a high degree of luck involved. The ball bounces off hands, shoulders, heads, anything can happen. We scored five good tries from skillful football. Benji must be the best 'creator of tries' in the comp now. In the end, Cronulla were unlucky to lose, but I thought we looked the better team throughout.

Welcome back, Liam.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks for this - as didn't get to see the game I miss the report! Anyway, next week.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 7:34 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:Hey Willow, I have previously explained the significance of your reports to my psychological well-being! Look fwd to the report next week.

Barrett's kicking was excellent, but tries from bombs/crossfield lobs etc have a high degree of luck involved. The ball bounces off hands, shoulders, heads, anything can happen. We scored five good tries from skillful football. Benji must be the best 'creator of tries' in the comp now. In the end, Cronulla were unlucky to lose, but I thought we looked the better team throughout.

Welcome back, Liam.
I will definitely do a report for the Souths match. I just didn't have the best seat in the house to see all the players exactly how i wanted to in order to do an accurate report.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 9:28 pm

willow wrote:
Paris Cobbs wrote:Hey Willow, I have previously explained the significance of your reports to my psychological well-being! Look fwd to the report next week.

Welcome back, Liam.
I will definitely do a report for the Souths match. I just didn't have the best seat in the house to see all the players exactly how i wanted to in order to do an accurate report.

Just out of interest, where do sit?

barra

Post by barra » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 10:08 am

ron burgandy wrote:off night for the back 3 last night......their tries come from kicks which is a positive defensively....the guysjust need to practice the high ball a bit more......all round weve been pretty good at the back this year
I agree. In fact I think they need to practice high-ball defence a LOT more! Like Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday... if we were a lot better at diffusing bombs we would frustrate opposition attack tremendously.

Thanks for the stats Willow - anyone know how many runs for Lote? His work rate seemed below par for mine.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 10:35 am

The alarming stat is the missed tackles.Errors i can excuse but missed tackles means pressure on the rest around you.
At least with errors (knock on etc) the defensive line gets to set (unless 6 more /play on advantage rule played) but with missed tackles other players have to scramble out of position to cover.

On another note , how can we practice defending high balls when we cant even kick those..If the players are never put under that scenario in traning they will never be able to replicate that in games.Benji is wayward with his general kicking and Robbie doesnt kick bombs , so how does the back row get practice ? Do the trainners then join in and kick high balls ? Catching a high ball is one thing , catching a high ball under pressure is another .

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 1:06 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Interesting.... The lack of meters gained explains a lot...

Completions and Possession is another stat which is interesting reading...

Cronulla also played above themselves... Oh well, we have been waiting 12 weeks to restore the Pride. This is now our chance!!!
20 penalties didn't help. Neither time had to ruck it out too much.