Good thing to keep in mind

citizen cub

Good thing to keep in mind

Post by citizen cub » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 1:55 pm

Well, if we can play like we did last night and win, imagine how well we could go if we starting playing like a genuine premiership contender? If we get into some form we could well win the comp because we are getting the results yet not playing well. It seems every other team in the comp is having to put a complete performance together to get a win, but not us. So the point here is, imagine the possibilities if we start playing well?
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 2:04 pm

I've been thinking the same thing for months now.
But i'm starting to think now we may never hit form, it should of happened by now.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 2:06 pm

praying for a least 2 wins, hoping for 3 out of those 5 games. to ensure a finals berth.
can only hope the team gets themselves in a ruthless state of mind for next two games, and results show on field. :pray: yes it is a concern that team not going so well, but at least they are winning, and that's whats its about
strap yourselves in the roller coaster ridetowards a possible finals berth has not yet finished. :roll:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 2:16 pm

I think we will hit form, we're too good a team not to, I'm looking foward to the semis, I think we showed last time that once we make the finals, anything's possible.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 3:55 pm

TIGER wrote:I've been thinking the same thing for months now.
But i'm starting to think now we may never hit form, it should of happened by now.
Don't want to "peak" to early...
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:24 pm

TIGER wrote:I've been thinking the same thing for months now.
100% agree, this was the game to hit our straps! Maybe we can do a 50-4 drubbing of souths and get our game on a roll
tigers!

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 6:38 pm

concerning for me is the way weve played vrse manly penrith and the dragons...those are 3 pretty well drilled teams with massive go forward.....even though the roosters are the inform team of the comp...we match up better with them as far as styles go.

we need to avoid penrith manly and the dragons in the finals if we are gonna go anywhere

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 9:05 pm

alot of people said the same about the Storm the last few years.. they were only JUST winning and apperntly were going through a slump while winning what happened?? they won 2 comps like that with a overpriced team

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 01 Aug, 2010 11:12 pm

Golden wrote:alot of people said the same about the Storm the last few years.. they were only JUST winning and apperntly were going through a slump while winning what happened?? they won 2 comps like that with a overpriced team
What's this....I've noticed lately you have been talking up the Wests Tigers in your own subtle way...

Keep it up!!!
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 12:03 am

i wish the team all the best and i hope they have a great last 2 months but
i honestly think we're not going too well and have only one or two wins left in us.
Off course i'll be there at the games till the end but i've seen nothing in the wins and losses of the last 3 months to make
me believe we have something special up our sleave.
Hope i'm wrong but i'd be laying the wests tigers at this stage.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 7:37 am

I'm not confident we will find our scoring form this year. The team struggled against the Sharks (almost -200 point differential)

Sure were gong get to the semis this year but what for....

I cant see another win on the horizon with this form.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 8:25 am

McKinnon's return will be of great benefit. We'll have security at the back plus another attacking option. He's due to start getting involved and has been training with the side for some time now.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 8:38 am

What top eight side have we really turned up and put them to the sword??? What game this year have we actually gone out a played well for more than say 40 minutes. This year has been a struggle from game one for us and we have shown enormous character to be on 28 points. I just think from now on we are going to need a lot more than character to win the big games that lay ahead.

Iam not writing them off yet, but from the Souths game their must be a big improvment

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 9:40 am

In the last few years we would have lost these type of games. I reckon we have won about 4 "tight" games this year, that previously we would have lost.

A win is a valuable two points......

I agree, we have to pick up our form if we want to challenge for the title and win the big games.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 10:50 am

Spartan117 wrote:I'm not confident we will find our scoring form this year. The team struggled against the Sharks (almost -200 point differential)

Sure were gong get to the semis this year but what for....

I cant see another win on the horizon with this form.
But lets be honest the Sharks team on Friday is far different from the team who ran out at the beginning of the year

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 12:25 pm

What should encourage us all is that we are winning the 'arm wrestles'. Last year and before then we were losing the close ones but we seem to be able to grind out a win this year. Lets face it, it seems every side 'turns up' to play the tigers, and the sharks were no exception on Saturday..The Raiders, Titans, cowboys and sharks give it their best shot against us but came up short.. The dragons and Penrith now seem to be doing it a bit tough while Manly and Easts seem to be on a high. We are neither doing it tough nor on a high but seem to be soldering on towards September..
Sure our attack at times seems to be disjointed but it contains 'game breakers' who seem to be able to turn 'nothing' into 'something' when needed..We are 4th, in fair form and pretty much injury free. Sides above us and below us are struggling and i think we are looking alright..

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 1:06 pm

our defense was a plus..

farah 40
fulton 39
rhino 38