Raiders Fans think this match is a no brainer

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
NZTiger

Raiders Fans think this match is a no brainer

Post by NZTiger » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:20 pm

http://thegreenhouseact.com.au/forum/vi ... d36ad9fecc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raiders Fans, understandably, are super confident. Most think it's a no brainer.
God I hope we prove them wrong and send the Green Machine packing!
FIRE UP TIGERS!!!

I'll certainly be going back there for a visit if we do win.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:22 pm

They have every right to be confident considering their form and our game last week.

We will give them everything we have got though. I am backing the Tigers

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:22 pm

They love me on that site. Well, they used too!

They are a good bunch of guys.

They are entitled to be confident. They are on a huge roll, at home in front of a sell-out againbst a team that has huge injury concerns.

Funny though, 3 months ago they wanted Furner and half the team sacked.

Ring any bells?

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:23 pm

Exactly. Our backs are against the wall and the Raiders are running red hot.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 5:06 pm

Confidence is one thing.....cocky is another!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 5:23 pm

yep they have every right to be confident, but they are due for a loss....I hope it's Friday night

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 9:34 pm

At the moment,I'm feeling pretty negative too.Unlike 05 when the feeling was good many weeks from the semis, just when that feeling was returning at half time at the SFS it evaporated during a scrum 34secs from the end.

Its sort of happening for Canberra at the moment.

And everything that could go wrong for us is.
If we win mind you we can go all the way but I just feel its gunna take something special and an unsual turning point to do this now.Still ,I"ll be cheering and hoping from Melbourne that I"ll be at ANZ the following Sat.

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 9:37 pm

look at Penrith's defensive performance last week and then tell me the Raiders attack was that s*** hot!

If we tackle like we have in 23 of 25 games this year - we have a great chance!

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 9:39 pm

'an unusual turning point' sounds like a referee decision impacting on the result of the game, hope it goes our way

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 9:45 pm

redemption wrote:look at Penrith's defensive performance last week and then tell me the Raiders attack was that s*** hot!

If we tackle like we have in 23 of 25 games this year - we have a great chance!
You 100% right mate.

But its not about them,its about us and the refeeering.

Anyone at the ground last Sat wouldv"e seen how much latitude in the ruck and with the 10m Easts got.Down there with the TV cameras in tight if They get Canberra back 7m I"ll be happy.

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 10:07 pm

hopefully they over-referee the favourites and give the underdogs some latitude - as they did with us last week!

for mine - that would constitute the "consistency" that Billy & Finchy routinely allude to!

Bay53

Post by Bay53 » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 10:22 pm

good to see you guys have discovered the Greenhouse. Come and say hi just like I am doing here.

We are confident, but the smart fans are not cocky. I never thought I would see the day that Canberra Stadium would be sold out for a Raiders game. It is going to be an amazing atmosphere on Friday night. I go to almost every game including travelling at least 300kms each way every second week for the away games and this is just unbelievable the buzz around the place at the moment.

I have to admit that I am scared though. It is going to be a party atmosphere on Friday night and I just hope our young guys don't get too excited and play the game in their heads too much before they run out there.

You guys really do come to Canberra with your backs against the wall. I saw an interview with Royce Simmons today and it sounded like you had hardly any one fit for training today.

But I have no doubt the team you put onthe field on Friday night will be more than competitive.

Bring it on I say!!!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 10:59 pm

See Bay53 here is where you underestimate the brilliance that is Royce...

1 fit bloke you say......The latest tragedy young Blake Ayshford on his deathbed for weeks with glandular fever surviving on bread alone apparently....catch his game against the Rorters...then there is Benji...duh..powerbands...enough said...Ellis is a rock...Lawrence will play ala Satler...Gibbs busted knee...who cares...

So you see the fairytale Raiders run may well be coming to a shuddering halt if your blokes heed Roycies tale of woah...I hope they do cause apparently your fans think it's in the bag......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Guy

Post by Guy » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 11:03 pm

Bay53 wrote: But I have no doubt the team you put onthe field on Friday night will be more than competitive.
plus more my friend

Guy

Post by Guy » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 11:23 pm

No, they arent. We would all be as confident if we were in their position, a few muppets have come out and said that we are not much of a challenge for them but that doesn't speak for the rest of the fans.
A bit of competitive talk should get you pumped!
Bay53 wrote:Bring it on I say!!!!!

victortheviking

Post by victortheviking » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 11:28 pm

If it weren't for your game last saturday, I'd say this would have the potential to be one of the games of the season.....it's going to be an absolute cracker with everything on the line for both sides.

Good luck to you all

redemption

Post by redemption » Wed 15 Sep, 2010 12:02 am

Bay53 wrote:good to see you guys have discovered the Greenhouse. Come and say hi just like I am doing here.

We are confident, but the smart fans are not cocky. I never thought I would see the day that Canberra Stadium would be sold out for a Raiders game. It is going to be an amazing atmosphere on Friday night. I go to almost every game including travelling at least 300kms each way every second week for the away games and this is just unbelievable the buzz around the place at the moment.

I have to admit that I am scared though. It is going to be a party atmosphere on Friday night and I just hope our young guys don't get too excited and play the game in their heads too much before they run out there.

You guys really do come to Canberra with your backs against the wall. I saw an interview with Royce Simmons today and it sounded like you had hardly any one fit for training today.

But I have no doubt the team you put onthe field on Friday night will be more than competitive.

Bring it on I say!!!!!
Cheers mate! It will be nail-biting for all of us I am sure!

We WILL be ready by the way!!

willow

Post by willow » Wed 15 Sep, 2010 11:29 am

One thing Canberra have at the moment is confidence, but I wonder if it might lead to over-confidence? 9 wins out of their last 10 games is certainly impressive, and they're the only team to string 6 straight wins together, but I get the feeling it could also backfire if they turn up expecting to roll the Tigers up the middle and do it easy. Canberra certainly have a strong pack but the Tigers are no mugs with Galloway, Ellis and Heighington all going well up the middle and the likes of Payten, Gibbs and Fulton making valuable tackles around the ruck.

The Tigers will take a seige mentatility into this game and they'll certainly be determined to atone for last Saturday night, they let a win slip through their fingers and they won't leave anything left in the tank this Friday night. If Canberra don't get out of the blocks hard and fast early, the longer the game goes, the more it will suit the Tigers IMO. They have proved they have the match fitness to run over the top of Canberra late in games this season and if they control the ball better than they have over the last couple of weeks, look out.