ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
scarcev

Re: Beau going off his head in the sheds

Post by scarcev » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:51 am

red dogg wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:He actually has a helluva lot of poor games,& I honestly cant remember his last good one...can you?
The only time he runs with any "intensity" is sideways..
Weve gotta have better somewhere
agreed, against the dragons next wk we need to score off every oppertunity we get...... he has a way for butchin half of them
So what are the options..McKinnon to FB and move Brown to the wing? What has McKinnon done to be an auto selection, Tuiaki is gone, someone from a lower grade who you cant bring in at this time of the season or Fitzy.

over to you, I reckon Beau is the man at this stage

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:22 pm

mike wrote:
Juro wrote:Back to the sheds...

Not sure if I saw it right but it looked like everyone else decided enough was enough and sat down but Beau was still going strong. Had me laughing...
Me too. Everyone else was settling down, Beau was still going off, very funny.
Beau was going off because like the old tv pro that he is,he saw the red light was still on the camera so he knew that he was still being filmed & made the most of it.The other blokes were doing the song for each other,not to enhance their rep with the tv audience
Its one of Beaus biggest problems..he attempts stuff he just isnt capable of for the above reason ,but doesnt execute what a solid first grade winger is expected to do.WE saw that very clearly agaist Souths,& arguably single handedly cost us that game
The Benji grubber last nite was a 70/30 opportunity for any decent winger at this level,expected to put his body on the line & watch the ball whilst being aware of the defence,whereas to be fair the other opportunities were very difficult..but he partly contributed to that by his poor postional play right on the sideline
Unfortunately Meaney,Letu Lazarus & co showed they arent quite ready at this level,so you cant use them at this stage of the season.
Its back to McKinnon or Fitz H,& of the 3 of them its McK by default (if fit)with Brown on the wing

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:52 pm

Latu did the complete opposite. Latu showed he IS ready. Latu played superbly in his debut.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:Latu did the complete opposite. Latu showed he IS ready. Latu played superbly in his debut.
Latu debuted 2 years ago

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:57 pm

scarcev wrote:
red dogg wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:He actually has a helluva lot of poor games,& I honestly cant remember his last good one...can you?
The only time he runs with any "intensity" is sideways..
Weve gotta have better somewhere
agreed, against the dragons next wk we need to score off every oppertunity we get...... he has a way for butchin half of them
So what are the options..McKinnon to FB and move Brown to the wing? What has McKinnon done to be an auto selection, Tuiaki is gone, someone from a lower grade who you cant bring in at this time of the season or Fitzy.

over to you, I reckon Beau is the man at this stage
thats the problem our options arnt great... dont get me wrong when beau is on.. he is on... but he has made some terrible mistakes this yr and to be totally honest im startin to close my eyes when they kick to him or when he gets tackled... id perfer daniella there but im not sure of his availablity... im sure sheens will stick with him and he will have a blinder... but remember the dragons dont let many tries in.... we need to score off every oppertunity we get.....

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 5:11 pm

Team morale and continuity is what matters from this point.

I have never been a big fan of Beau but he has been in the side that got us here and he should be there Saturday. Just like Brown should be at the back. Run McKinnon off the bench instead of Fitzy

tigerstone

Post by tigerstone » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 5:30 pm

To all the Beau Ryan haters out there ,

How sad and sorry you all sound...

I just watched the replay of last nights game and apart from one incident Beau did everything he could to take forward passes, badly timed passes, bombs under huge amounts of pressure etc etc..

Can you honestly say that he lacks energy, focus, enthusiasm, athleticism, determination and skill week in, week out ? I think not and if you just answered yes, go and buy yourselves a new mirror and take another look bit of self evaluation might be overdue.

All you knockers out there need to take a good hard look at yourselves, he had one shocker of a game this year. Funnily enough so have a lot of the other players you can't say that every game Benji, Robbie, Lui, Lote, Galloway ( the list goes on) haven't had an off game now and then. Maybe it's because they are human not robots.

Harden up boys just because he's a good looking, talented sportsman that happens to have a personality and a bit of intelligence shouldn't mean he wears a target on his back for all you to fire at every chance you get just so you can attempt to massage your little egos better.

Beau Ryan is a member of the tigers team through and through, remember who they are the West Tigers? that's right the team you're all supposedly so fanatic about..

P.S Mackinnon who?

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 5:54 pm

Great first post mate :)

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 5:58 pm

tigerstone wrote:To all the Beau Ryan haters out there ,

How sad and sorry you all sound...

I just watched the replay of last nights game and apart from one incident Beau did everything he could to take forward passes, badly timed passes, bombs under huge amounts of pressure etc etc..

Can you honestly say that he lacks energy, focus, enthusiasm, athleticism, determination and skill week in, week out ? I think not and if you just answered yes, go and buy yourselves a new mirror and take another look bit of self evaluation might be overdue.

All you knockers out there need to take a good hard look at yourselves, he had one shocker of a game this year. Funnily enough so have a lot of the other players you can't say that every game Benji, Robbie, Lui, Lote, Galloway ( the list goes on) haven't had an off game now and then. Maybe it's because they are human not robots.

Harden up boys just because he's a good looking, talented sportsman that happens to have a personality and a bit of intelligence shouldn't mean he wears a target on his back for all you to fire at every chance you get just so you can attempt to massage your little egos better.

Beau Ryan is a member of the tigers team through and through, remember who they are the West Tigers? that's right the team you're all supposedly so fanatic about..
Well put.
Back to the topic now?

Would love to have been in there, the boys were pumped and without Beau goin off his cracker it would have been pretty un-enthused. Go you good thing

chkbehind

Post by chkbehind » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:53 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
mike wrote:
Juro wrote:Back to the sheds...

Not sure if I saw it right but it looked like everyone else decided enough was enough and sat down but Beau was still going strong. Had me laughing...
Me too. Everyone else was settling down, Beau was still going off, very funny.
Beau was going off because like the old tv pro that he is,he saw the red light was still on the camera so he knew that he was still being filmed & made the most of it.The other blokes were doing the song for each other,not to enhance their rep with the tv audience
Its one of Beaus biggest problems..he attempts stuff he just isnt capable of for the above reason ,but doesnt execute what a solid first grade winger is expected to do.WE saw that very clearly agaist Souths,& arguably single handedly cost us that game
The Benji grubber last nite was a 70/30 opportunity for any decent winger at this level,expected to put his body on the line & watch the ball whilst being aware of the defence,whereas to be fair the other opportunities were very difficult..but he partly contributed to that by his poor postional play right on the sideline
Unfortunately Meaney,Letu Lazarus & co showed they arent quite ready at this level,so you cant use them at this stage of the season.
Its back to McKinnon or Fitz H,& of the 3 of them its McK by default (if fit)with Brown on the wing

Ah na sorry mate Beau was going off cause hes got the heart and spirit of the tiger! Hes always the first one in when we score and always goes nuts when we win that important game.
Hahaha it was funny footage though and so was Gibbs slamming the locker back and forth catching Paytens forearm LOL meathead Bryce love him!

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:01 pm

does anyone have this footage anywhere i missed it :( damn pvr cut off with 3 mins of game time lol

tigertiger10

Post by tigertiger10 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:17 pm

Beau is a passionate player and thats what I like about him. But sometimes his embarrassing at times last night he looked out of his league. Benji step him up a few times and he looked like he was tripping over his own feet

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:35 pm

if anyone has any footage of this or know where we can watch it, can they PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE share it with us. please and thankyou :D

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:35 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Latu did the complete opposite. Latu showed he IS ready. Latu played superbly in his debut.
Latu debuted 2 years ago
... Tigers debut :roll:

wadeburger

Post by wadeburger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:03 pm

i agree please want some footage of this would love to see it!

As for Beau, he had a great first half of the year, but then when he was out injured he just hasn't had that spark
but he has the spirit!!! Who else is in there congratulating the try scorer with more enthusiasm, or patting a guy on the back if they made a mistake. He is prob heaps hard on himself after those mistakes.
Beau is one of my favourite players because of his personality!
I was at Tiger Tiger for dinner and they have a highlights of the year on loop, and whenever there was a try we saw Beau was ALWAYS in there for his own hug, its a great thing to have in the team!
I think his confidence is just a bit shot.

Back on topic, did everyone see the footage on the news or something? I cant find it on youtube
Tigers for Life

Swanny

Post by Swanny » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:15 pm

Sabre wrote:does anyone know the words?
Who let the tigers out! who! who! who! who!. he sings it after the the team song after a win i love it!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:00 pm

It was just in the post game after they interviewed Farah they followed him into the sheds for the team song and Beau went nuts.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:26 pm

I thought he was pretty average last night. Not Souths game terrible but I think some of you guys are being very kind - that bombed try was particularly poor, it took more effort to drop it than catch it. Sure it happens sometimes but Beau mixes his form. That said he wasn't bad enough to get dropped and he's the best option at the moment.

Didn't see the footage of him going off but all power to him - the boys are hitting form, the spirit looks good, and we're 2 wins off a title. Let's hope Beau knows how to catch when the try line beckons next week!!