Beau going off his head in the sheds

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
travis_bickle

Re: Beau going off his head in the sheds

Post by travis_bickle » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:32 pm

Brown may be more dependable, but Beau out enthuses Mitch week in week out. And it's enthusiasm that will win you football games, not dependability.

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:34 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Beau doesn't know how to score...

A bit harsh, but he is a Winger and he could of grabbed 1 of those crazy options?!
Those passes and kicks benji made Beau was lucky to even get a hand on them.

I think everyone's being a bit hard on Beau, he had an ok game but he wasn't the worst player out there.
you can tell he loves the tigers, but as vicious said it's a team sport and you need a player like beau in the team to bring everyone together.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:35 pm

Wow, I think you are all a little hard on the bloke! He did catch that bomb under extreme pressure!

I was disappointed that he didn't score of the Benji grubber early in the game. The kick was good and he should have finished it off!!

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:37 pm

Who let the Tigers out?.... Cmon broo, its the Dogieeeeeees!!!! :P
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:38 pm

Folks,this is first grade,& at the pointy end of the season.
U cant carry blokes because theyre "motivational" or "enthusiastic "or plain good guys...u select them from a pool of competitors because of their skill set.
And week in week out Beau's just isnt 1st grade standard unfortunately

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:42 pm

travis_bickle wrote:Brown may be more dependable, but Beau out enthuses Mitch week in week out. And it's enthusiasm that will win you football games, not dependability.
I disagree entirely.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:45 pm

No one in their right mind would start McKinnon. Same team please. I'll give Brown the permanent starting fullback job.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:46 pm

Beau should have scored from the Benji grubber. He will tell you that. The Benji cut-out pass was off the mark though and too difficult an opportunity there.

As said, someone with the personality of Beau is excellent for team morale. As is Heighington. He is usually safe under the high ball and is always busy running the ball out of his own end giving his forwards a rest. If Tuiaki was fit, he may not be in the side. But that isn't the case and I can't see how McKinnon who has played a handfull of games this season, is an automatic selection with the re-shuffle of Brown to the wing. Brown has been great at the back. Why make that change? It is crazy making a change like that.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:52 pm

Against St George, Id take McKinnon.

Soward, Hornby & Fien will be less likely to kick to him, where as Brown? They'll love to test him...

I doubt McKinnon will be considered though...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm

Allan Towle wrote:Beau should have scored from the Benji grubber. He will tell you that. The Benji cut-out pass was off the mark though and too difficult an opportunity there.

As said, someone with the personality of Beau is excellent for team morale. As is Heighington. He is usually safe under the high ball and is always busy running the ball out of his own end giving his forwards a rest. If Tuiaki was fit, he may not be in the side. But that isn't the case and I can't see how McKinnon who has played a handfull of games this season, is an automatic selection with the re-shuffle of Brown to the wing. Brown has been great at the back. Why make that change? It is crazy making a change like that.
Spot on.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:13 pm

clontarfkid wrote:Folks,this is first grade,& at the pointy end of the season.
U cant carry blokes because theyre "motivational" or "enthusiastic "or plain good guys...u select them from a pool of competitors because of their skill set.
Rubbish, anyone that has coached at any level will know the reason Beau is in the team and you see it after every try, after the game tonight and when we make an error and need a pick up.

Its like Skando, do you honestly think he was the best forward we could find in our lower grades when we were hit with injuries (or in your words do you think he was the best competitor because of his skill set) - no chance, but what he did bring to the team when we needed it was stability and experience. Beau brings things to this team that others cant provide.

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:28 pm

scarcev wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:Folks,this is first grade,& at the pointy end of the season.
Rubbish, anyone that has coached at any level will know the reason Beau is in the team and you see it after every try, after the game tonight and when we make an error and need a pick up.

Its like Skando, do you honestly think he was the best forward we could find in our lower grades when we were hit with injuries (or in your words do you think he was the best competitor because of his skill set) - no chance, but what he did bring to the team when we needed it was stability and experience. Beau brings things to this team that others cant provide.
defnitely X2

the only unforgivable error he made was off the marshall grubber. the rest were impossible to do anything about. yous are being to harsh on the bloke

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:30 pm

Anyway this thread is about how awesome his antics in the sheds were. Take the argument about his playing credentials elsewhere please.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:32 pm

MacDougall wrote:Anyway this thread is about how awesome his antics in the sheds were. Take the argument about his playing credentials elsewhere please.
cheers mate sorry

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:34 pm

No need to apologise mate!

willow

Post by willow » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:41 pm

Certainly cannot fault his enthusiasm and passion for the Tigers. While some are happy to continually criticise the poor bloke, he was hardly the worst player on the field tonight.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:03 am

And is the funniest man in league. Even if he is inconsistent even with the laughs.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:37 am

Look I love the guys passion. I really do. However his performances are killing us, im sorry. This is the only negative post I will make for the rest of the season. He is clumsy, is a step behind the play in defence and is making unforced errors. He does some good things but he is dead set heart attack material.