Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Re: Beau going off his head in the sheds

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:02 am

willow wrote:Certainly cannot fault his enthusiasm and passion for the Tigers. While some are happy to continually criticise the poor bloke, he was hardly the worst player on the field tonight.
You reckon?

Bombed two certain tries.....
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:06 am

Black Orange White wrote:I don't think we fully appreciate Beau's value to the team. He always pumps up the team, gets them ready and motivates them, probably a brilliant player to play with. Every team has that player.
Totally agree with ya mate!! He's always willing to put his hand up to take a hitup, help the forwards, always there if someone makes a mistake, always there when someone scores a try i.e Lote, first one there... He wasn't helped tonight by Benji's passing for both those chances and the bounce didn't go his way for the grubber. Funny how everyone was cheering for him when he was going great guns at fb at the start of the season, now he plays mediocre... everyone has a go at him.. Your not there are you? get off his back i love guys like Beau he deserves to be there 120% in my opinion. :sign:

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:08 am

Kaiser wrote:
willow wrote:Certainly cannot fault his enthusiasm and passion for the Tigers. While some are happy to continually criticise the poor bloke, he was hardly the worst player on the field tonight.
You reckon?

I'd like to see you try to catch that pass from Benji and the grubber that bounced behind him when he went to grab it.. stop criticising, you wouldn't have done any better...

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:12 am

Don't mind Beau one bit. He will put his body on the line for the team, I love that. He defused a few kicks very well tonight. He is a fine finisher, just look at the earlier game against the Raiders. He's gonna have a few mistakes in his game, every player does every now and then. I really don't think he was as bad as some are making it out to be tonight. His darts from the ruck are superb.

I just don't see him as a big problem. Our team is doing great at the moment, loving the ride.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:11 am

Geo. wrote:Go Beau our lucky charm.....

Benji did him no favours tonight...
Rubbish man....Beau destroyed the chances Benji gave him.

Juro

Post by Juro » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 4:59 am

Back to the sheds...

Not sure if I saw it right but it looked like everyone else decided enough was enough and sat down but Beau was still going strong. Had me laughing...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:32 am

clontarfkid wrote:He actually has a helluva lot of poor games,& I honestly cant remember his last good one...can you?
The only time he runs with any "intensity" is sideways..
Weve gotta have better somewhere
agreed, against the dragons next wk we need to score off every oppertunity we get...... he has a way for butchin half of them

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:43 am

stryker wrote:
Geo. wrote:Go Beau our lucky charm.....

Benji did him no favours tonight...
Rubbish man....Beau destroyed the chances Benji gave him.
OK you are probably right...but I just hate bagging players after a fantastic win like that.....I still reckon it was 50/50..The forward pass..The one at his ankles...but Beau should have swallowed the brilliant kick Benji put in..

Apart from that ...he caught a good bomb and while not spectacular was solid...

Then there is the way he celebrates a try....generally the 1st bloke in when we do something good....It's an underrated quality IMO
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:18 am

Moh wrote:Don't mind Beau one bit. He will put his body on the line for the team, I love that. He defused a few kicks very well tonight. He is a fine finisher, just look at the earlier game against the Raiders. He's gonna have a few mistakes in his game, every player does every now and then. I really don't think he was as bad as some are making it out to be tonight. His darts from the ruck are superb.

I just don't see him as a big problem. Our team is doing great at the moment, loving the ride.
Thats the thing, I dont think he always does.
Been a few occasions where he's seemed to dog it, not go 110%.
The grubbers was a case imo of him checking the D rather than focussing totally on the ball.
The way he always aims for the sideline when he runs also worrys me,.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:32 am

Juro wrote:Back to the sheds...

Not sure if I saw it right but it looked like everyone else decided enough was enough and sat down but Beau was still going strong. Had me laughing...
Me too. Everyone else was settling down, Beau was still going off, very funny.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 9:20 am

Beau looks like the work experience kid in the office.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 9:27 am

Haha it was great

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 9:58 am

He is our weakest link.

No point discussing it because he is there to stay.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 9:59 am

Allan Towle wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Surely Brown has it over Beau now. If McKinnon is fit Brown has to be the winger.
How does McKinnon came straight in the side? He hasn't set our world on fire and has had hamstring problems all year. Brown has been bank-like safe and has started to involved himself in attack the last couple of weeks too. Its a no-brainer for me that Brown stays and McKinnon may get a game if Brown gets injured.
I agree!!!!! Mitch Brown was one of our unexpected purchases, which was rated as crazy by many and I wondered why we signed him. I thought the signing of McKinnon filled a gap in our team and was well worth the money.
Since Mitch has been given his chance at full-back, he has shown abilities that no-one had spoken about. He may not be brilliant, BUT he is safe at the back, does well at kick returns and is starting to pick the time to come into the attack.
Maybe he is another for the future.

ccwilliams

Post by ccwilliams » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:21 am

Yes that footage from the dressing room was Beau's funniest segment this year!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:24 am

Kaiser wrote:
You reckon?

Which ones? I hope you're not referring to the forward pass Marshall threw which Beau couldn't reel in, or the cutout pass which landed at his feet.

His best chance came from the grubber kick Marshall put in, but he still had work to do and admittedly he fluffed that one.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:27 am

If he stepped infield towards the gap Marshall threw the pass for him to aim at he takes it on the chest or in the breadbasket and all but scores.

I love Beaus passion for the side but he isn't a true footballer in terms of instinct. That said he will be better next week

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:31 am

smeghead wrote:If he stepped infield towards the gap Marshall threw the pass for him to aim at he takes it on the chest or in the breadbasket and all but scores.

I love Beaus passion for the side but he isn't a true footballer in terms of instinct. That said he will be better next week
I don't think anyone saw that pass coming though, but I agree, his instincts are not the best but hopefully he'll improve next week.