Penalty against Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
sunshine coast tiger

Penalty against Dwyer

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:28 am

Very harsh in my opinion. The guy is bent over, you still have to be able to make a tackle. it is not the tacklers fault that the guy is crouched down.

It is fair enough to give a high shot against a player when he runs normally or upright but you can't give high shots for players who bend over or crouch down.

Video ref for mine should have said no penalty and scrum. Always thought with Hollywood in the video booth it would be a penalty against us.

For mine Dwyer for the second week in a row won't have a case to answer.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:30 am

Yep.....No case to answer or grade 1 careless at worst free to play...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Beavis

Post by Beavis » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:16 am

How can you not hit a bloke in the head, when his head is down at the same level as his abdomen/testicles?

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:09 am

Absolute bullcrap penalty....I screamed myself hoarse......

It was Karma that Croker missed the goal.

Juro

Post by Juro » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 4:24 am

I thought this week's one was an okay penalty. It looked like his arm was swinging with a closed fist, copping the player in the nose. Probably the referee thought about last week's tackle too, putting extra pressure on him to award the penalty...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:37 am

Ridiculous penalty... Last weeks hit on Hargreaves influenced Harrigan to make that call.

The Referees have no idea any more and the NRL must take a complete review in the off season as too many stupid calls are deciding outcomes of games.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:06 am

Geo. wrote:Yep.....No case to answer or grade 1 careless at worst free to play...
What I fear is that he is going to be seen by the refs as another "Matai" - eg every tackle he makes will be scrutinized..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:14 am

But its been a penalty for the last few seasons, hit in the head regardless of height - that isnt of any consequence.
Take off the goggles.
agree

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:24 am

I've got no dramas with the penalty, he did get him on the nose & he was losing plenty of claret, what really concerns me though is that a player has to stay down to get the penalty, the refs miss it in real time, what are they looking at!.

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:28 am

Bill Harrigan said on Talkin Sport during the week that if it was reffered to the video ref it had to be a reportable offence to give a penalty. That was no way reportable. He totally went against what he said in defending Steve Clark last week. morons the lot of them. I cannot believe the amount of decisions that went against us tonight. Hate whinging about refs decisions after a good win but that was terrible. Anyway Dragons here we come baby! Yee Ha

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:51 am

if it was a wests-tigers player who got hit we would all be screaming for a penalty.
it was a fair call.
good to see wests-tigers have a win with both those two ref's in charge!!
that in itself was a major psychological win.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 9:55 am

innsaneink wrote:But its been a penalty for the last few seasons, hit in the head regardless of height - that isnt of any consequence.
Take off the goggles.
agree
Agreed Ink.

jtigerman

Post by jtigerman » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:44 am

I thought it was a fair enough penalty. He certainly isn't in any danger of missing next week for it though.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:45 am

Ive got no problem with the penalty on this seasons rules but it needs to be fixed up for next year otherwise teams will have guys running ducking their heads looking for a penalty like they do with Aussie Rules. I reckon if you duck your head into a tackle your fair game.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:51 am

It is always going to be a penalty, whether we like it or not.

My issue with the whole scenario was: I thought it could only be awarded a penalty via the video replay if the tackle was worthy of going on report. Now if that face tickle was worthy of report, I have seen it all!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:04 pm

the penalty against galloway worse a worser call.
Fo taking out the kicking all he did was brush the kickers suspended legs. Nothing either player could have done to avoid it.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 12:16 pm

i thought it warranted a penalty in any club game of the year, but not at a defining moment, but not to be put on report. looking back on the replay it was purely accidental and couldnt be avoided so there should of been no report and hence no penalty. Ayshford never played at the ball before that anyways so it shouldnt of been 6 again. Crokers miss was due to divine intervention. JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:07 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Ridiculous penalty... Last weeks hit on Hargreaves influenced Harrigan to make that call.
Exactly
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris