Robert Lui

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
Yossarian

Re: Robert Lui

Post by Yossarian » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:04 pm

senexx wrote:My old man commented last night that he's not usually a fan of those with an indigenous background but he sung Lui's praises.
On a related note some guy behind me (one of our fans) last week kept yelling at Lui for being a dumb Fijian (or variations along those lines). Eventually I snapped and had to point out he was from Townsville not Fiji and if he was going to be a racist he should at least get his facts straight.

Of course maybe he thought Robert Lui was Lote but it's hardly an improvement...

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:06 pm

Lui was stronger the week before. Maybe being younger, he just struggelled a little bit getting up for the game.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 7:22 pm

prattenpark wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Lui is the glue!!!
x2
I thought he was good again last night. He's prepared to take on the line. I like that.
x3 Thats the most encouraging part of his game, he takes the line on. We know Sheens likes his halves to do that so the kid is obviously taking in what the coach wants him to do.

He set up 2 tries for us on Friday night.

His defence is a worry but thats the same for most 7s (Barring Joey).

He'll get there soon, a good off season will help.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

koori boi

Post by koori boi » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:30 pm

senexx wrote:My old man commented last night that he's not usually a fan of those with an indigenous background but he sung Lui's praises.
wat has that got to do with anything
ur dad is a racist

koori boi

Post by koori boi » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:32 pm

senexx wrote:It wasn't my statement Ken
you put it on the forum

do u feel good writing that

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:36 pm

koori boi wrote:
senexx wrote:my old man commented last night that he's not usually a fan of those with an indigenous background but he sung lui's praises.
ur dad is a racist

yes we do live in a politically correct world but i agree with you koori boy it does sound racist.maybe hes referring to the unpredictability in the indigenous peoples play he may of meant but he could of said it better.by unpredictability i mean the hot and cold aspect.when they are on their game they are the best but when they are off they are sometimes worse than us white fellas.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:39 pm

alexaki wrote:remember how benji was a liability in defence a few years back.....not anymore!...same will happen with lui as he gets bigger and stronger
i think it has more to do with more experience in reading plays and mental toughness with lui.but yes i do agree as i have said previously he will become a star of his own proving he has the desire.

koori boi

Post by koori boi » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:41 pm

magpie mania wrote:
koori boi wrote:
senexx wrote:my old man commented last night that he's not usually a fan of those with an indigenous background but he sung lui's praises.
ur dad is a racist

yes we do live in a politically correct world but i agree with you koori boy it does sound racist.maybe hes referring to the unpredictability in the indigenous peoples play he may of meant but he could of said it better.by unpredictability i mean the hot and cold aspect.when they are on their game they are the best but when they are off they are sometimes worse than us white fellas.
SKIN COLOR SHOULDNT COME INTO IT
IT DONT MATTER WHERE U FROM U HAVE GOOD N BAD GAMES
INDIGENOUS OR NON INDIGENOUS
WHO CARES

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:50 pm

Your right koori boi skin colour shouldnt but i think if we sometimes look a little closer there are things that separate us in our abilities such as skin color for eg..aboriginals and islanders are blessed with the ability to do the no look pass much better than the white guy for eg benji and preston campbell in his prime aswell as sheer explosiveness with the interchange rule we have seen islanders excel with short spells like your fifitas but maybe us white fellas are a bit better on average at playing 80 minutes and making less errors but thats the beauty of multicultural australia and giving everyone a go our two proven matchwinners are farah of lebenese descent and marshall of maori descent.where someone like liam fulton is as honest as they come and will make 80 minutes worth of steps to put us on the path to victory benji puts 2 steps forward and one step back.i know some of what i just said is a generalisation but for the most part it is fact.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:25 pm

Lui got owned in defense against the Raiders.

They ran at him all night and he came up with some shockers,IMO when on our line he needs to go low and give this grabbing stuff away.

If Gasnier gets near him it'll be curtains for us.

Same re Creagh.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:48 am

simonthetiger wrote:lui got owned in defense against the raiders.

They ran at him all night and he came up with some shockers,imo when on our line he needs to go low and give this grabbing stuff away.

If gasnier gets near him it'll be curtains for us.

Same re creagh.

im expecting lawrence to improve his defence this week with more confidence with his jaw and another match under his belt.should help lui aswell the thing is about lui when he tackles around the legs hes very effective but too often he is substituting this tackling technique for a lazy arm grab.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 7:41 am

I hate to think what Gasnier will do to Lawrence and Lui this week,if they defend like they did last game.